eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

anyone left eBay completely?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randasresale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: anyone left eBay completely? Reply with quote

particularly clothing and accessory sellers? I just did a heavy look at my expenses and profits today. eBay was taking 50% of my profits with all those fees. I still made a profit, but doesn't seem like enough for all the work I put into it.

I'm wanting to leave eBay completely but I'm scared. Embarassed

Randa
randa-avenue.com
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randasreads.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
breezeauctions

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I tried to leave ebay completely but it is hard because you do not get the website traffic here that you get from ebay. I recently decided to use ebay as a marketing tool instead of relying on it for profit. I promote my Ecrater site through the Ebay about me page. I also put links on my ebay listings to my about me page. I also put business cards and inserts into every package that I sell on ebay. This helps to establish a customer base along with more website traffic. The whole idea is to promote your ecrater store as much as you can. You will start to get more sales on ecrater. I have had over $3,000 in sales in the last 2 months alone on ecrater using these techniques. I hope that this helps you out!
fabulous-for-less

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breeze... do you have a store on eBay or are you strictly doing auctions and then using the ideas that you mentioned?

Miranda... I wouldn't ever leave eBay altogether if your talking about auctions... there is NO place else that has the amount of traffic that eBay has for auctions. Stores are another story because you can promote them. Smile Regarding my eBay store, I have tossed the same idea around in my head like you are...

... still am... Confused
breezeauctions

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have an Ebay store but I think that paying a monthly fee is worthless especially since the fee increase. And why would I want to Pay for a store when i can use Ecrater for free and have google checkout process my orders for free? I am making so much more money even if I have less sales!
randasresale

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$3000 in 2 months would be good for me, lol!!! I don't think I made that much last year! I really need money tho now that we're buying a house. (Getting ready to put an offer in, yeah!) I'm taking most of my inventory and moving it to auction as the listing end comes near, then within a month I'll have eBay store shut down completely.

I just opened a webstore, too, but I'm still tweaking it. too much to do, so I don't think I can handle my e store much longer anyway.

Randa
randa-avenue.com
downuptowns313

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than for the occassional purchase I refuse to sell on ebay anymore. The last straw was when they double dipped my monthly bill taking it out of my PayPal AND off my CC, which they completely denied. Luckily I was able to deal with the bank and get things straightened out but it's not worth it. With some elbow grease promoting I bet you could easily get tons of customers...you just have to know where to look and what to offer.
ljstores

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

downuptowns313 wrote:
With some elbow grease promoting I bet you could easily get tons of customers...you just have to know where to look and what to offer.

I agree entirely with that statement.
I never had a store on ebay but Ive sold on there over the last 4 years.
One time I was really mad when an item i listed ended up "featured" somewhere (I dont know enough about it) and it costs me something like $35.00 to have something worth 2.49 "featured"
Now I cannot be absolutely sure it wasnt my fault but it was when they changed the listing format and I think this was selected by default and I overlooked it. I wrote to them saying it was an obvious error and to this day I never heard back. I just paid and grimaced.
skywayimages

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: anyone left eBay completely? Reply with quote

randasresale wrote:
...I'm wanting to leave eBay completely but I'm scared. Embarassed

Randa
randa-avenue.com

I left the bay and closed my store in October. The fee's were taking a huge portion of my meager profits. I return and psot items when they have a .10 sale on listings...but that's about it. The last two times that egay had their listing sale I posted 6 items each time and sold two of the items each time.

So I still maintain a very slight presence there but I'll never go back with a store and 800 products. Not at their prices.

www.skywayimages.ecrater.com
www.skywayimages.com
randasresale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all your wonderful answers, and my main decisions, I have decided to end my eBay store ASAP. Basically I'm ending items as the 30 days are up, sending some to auction, and making sure all these items are in my eCrater store. I have opened my own website but am moving very SLOWLY getting it open lol. I think I may just switch carts, because Virtuemart/Joomla is just aggravating me. All the forums seem dead to be able to help me set up my store.

But anyway, lots of auctions and best offers over there if anyone wants to help me "loose" my inventory rofl. www.stores.ebay.com/mirandas-style-stop.

Soon I'll be FREEEEEEEEEEEE

Randa
randa-avenue.com
watchtowerresearchfoundat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it Randa. Don't be afraid.

I left eBay and I am not looking back. I gave them so much money in listing fees, final value fees, paypal fees, store fees and then they had the audacity to raise those fees! Enough is enough. I don't care how much traffic eBay generates, you can generate your own traffic just by being clever and by doing exactly what eBay does. ADVERTISE! That's how eBay gets their traffic. They advertise.

So post your ecrater store and website everywhere you can. Even put up a notice at your local grocery store. People read those notices. I know I do.

Best of luck to you!
ljstores

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watchtowerresearchfoundat wrote:
You can do it Randa. Don't be afraid.
you can generate your own traffic just by being clever and by doing exactly what eBay does. ADVERTISE! That's how eBay gets their traffic. They advertise.

So post your ecrater store and website everywhere you can. Even put up a notice at your local grocery store. People read those notices. I know I do.

Best of luck to you!

Hear Hear!!!

Good luck Randa and thanks a bunch for your words of encouragement Watch

ECRATERS.............. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

regards

LJ
wahmebooksgalore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get away from ebay!
My fees last month somehow were about 60% of what I made !! Yuck. My sales over there were horrible.
randasresale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahmebooksgalore wrote:
I would love to get away from ebay!
My fees last month somehow were about 60% of what I made !! Yuck. My sales over there were horrible.

My fees were 60% of what I made too. Some crap ain't it?
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is becoming a joke over there. I had a store for a few months last year and closed it back in August when they had the fee hike announcement.
There are so many problems with the stores and the fees on the auctions are enough to get you as well. I will put auctions up from time to time but ecrater is definitely my home for now.
watercolor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a store on ebay for 2 years and also sold on there for 7 years. I finally said enough is enough. I was tired of them raising fees and making changes and when I tried to adjust, they would make another change that would totally affect sales in a negative way. I think there is life after ebay, it may take a while to build up clientele but it is worth it. I don't have any more nightmares of paying massive fees at the end of the month!

leslie

http://www.watercolor.ecrater.com
http://www.sweetoutfit.ecrater.com
[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: