eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

When I view my store, no products show up!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaylite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: When I view my store, no products show up! Reply with quote

I have a few hundred products in my store, all with necessary google attributes, etc. Until last week when I would look at my store, the products would show up in their proper categories. However yesterday, all the pages started showing up as "There are no products listed in this category." I also tried viewing it from my cell phone browser and another computer, just to make sure it wasn't just my laptop.

Help! I rely heavily on this store to promote my new small business and this problem is quite inconvenient! Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? I'd appreciate your feedback very very much! Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears your store is suspended. See info in Suspended Stores form.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have something to do with your titles for you merchandise. Something like "Queen Bee Necklace" says nothing about it. eCrater has a policy against nonsense title. It MUST describe the product.

I know it is fun to think of those crazy titles, but your products will never be found that way, I bet nobody ever searches for "Molten Earrings" But if they want something to go with a particular outfit, they may look for red and silver earrings.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also may have to do with your terms that items may differ slightly from the one shown in photos. I didn't see anything about you custom making items so the item shown should be the one you sell.

Unless eCRATER has changed their rules about nonsense titles, you have to have the name of the item i.e. earrings, necklace, dress, etc. I agree that Queen Bee necklace is not a good title however I don't think that would get you suspended.

Things to think about when writing titles, are:
color,
size (length etc),
materials such as plastic beads, sterling silver clasp,
occasion such as casual, dressy, formal, western, etc.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the products is a "Pandora" bracelet.
They don't mention Pandora style or make reference to Pandora beads but you never know.
Just a thought.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: When I view my store, no products show up! Reply with quote

kaylite wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? I'd appreciate your feedback very very much! Thank you.
The eCrater TOS say:
4.5 What is not allowed to post?
- Copyrighted or trademark materials (images & texts)
- Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products) ...

This includes using a trademarked brand to bring attention to your jewelry. You have used several brand names in the titles for your items. This could cause eCRATER problems with the brand owners, so they usually just suspend the store until the owner can remove the brand names. Now if the items you are selling are actually brand name items, you may need to provide proof to eCrater that you are authorized to sell that brand.

It appears your items are handmade, but neither your titles nor your descriptions say they are handmade which is not to your advantage.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially if you claim all your items are handmade you can't be calling something "pandora" when it isn't from Pandora. etc. You most definitely can't use trademarked namebrands as a way to get interest to your jewelry.

If you look at the 'Suspended' forum, you will find a lot of other information about this and also what to do about it. Remember we can't see your actual listings at this point. I don't know what your listings say, but if you are sking for payment for products in ways that ecrater doesn't endorse is another reason for suspension.

Surprisingly enough I never quite realized that ecrater had a policy about nonsense titles, probably because I don't comprehend why anyone would go to all the work of setting up a store and not write listings that will bring buyers in the best way possible. You have 100 characters to describe what is for sale. Use them!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will admit, I may have been wrong on the nonsense title issues, I thought I had seen that. My mistake, sorry. Ok......finally found it, it says "Meaningless title & descriptions"
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will admit, I may have been wrong on the nonsense title issues, I thought I had seen that. My mistake, sorry. Ok......finally found it, it says "Meaningless title & descriptions"

Hey, I beleived you! It just must have flowed past my eyes way back when as it didn't apply to me since I would never use nonsense titles. That being said, I don't think Queen Bee Necklace would fall uner that anyhow because it is saying it is a necklace that has soemthing to do with Quenn Bee. I would supect that nonsense titles are more like test 1, test 2, or item 1, item 2 which of course says nothing about the product for sale at all and no search engine would pay any attention to it while the necklace thing it at least would bring it up under a search for necklaces.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to look several times to find the rule. It was hidden in the"What not to post" section. It was just a guess as to why she was suspended. Since we can't actually see the listing. I am sure you were right in your interpretation of that rule, makes a lot more sense then I how did. Laughing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: