eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

1 products are disapproved from Google
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrodecostyle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Google Shopping Reply with quote

I hope, as from your perspective, that it doesn't matter. I'm thinking, though, that it might. I'm having fewer views now. Also, this store is dropship and I see that there are a few competitors with my products on Google Shopping. Not many, but a few.
I mean, if Google Shopping is pointless, I won't bother. I remember learning something about needing all of your products to comply to show up there...but I couldn't find that information in a quick search.
I saw your store, it's a good one. Your price points are small, and somebody taking a quick look could afford to buy.
I'm thinking the average price for one of my products is $100.
Luckily, it only takes me a few extra seconds to do attributes. Picture management takes far longer.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Shopping Reply with quote

retrodecostyle wrote:
Your price points are small, and somebody taking a quick look could afford to buy.
I'm thinking the average price for one of my products is $100.

I'm assuming you were talking to me? If you were, yes I do have alot of lower priced items. I don't really sell any specialty type items like you do, most of my products are things that a buyer could get in a nearby store or at a local thrift store so, I still have to be somewhat competitive with my prices so buyers will still place orders and pay the shipping charges instead of just going to their local store to buy instead.
retrodecostyle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: I'm glad Reply with quote

Yes, I think you have some useful items that might be afterthought purchases for people on a standard budget, so they don't require any special advertising or marketing.
Exactly, price points combined with shipping charges are especially important for inexpensive items. That's not easier.
Check this store...http://laura-n-trentsextra.ecrater.com/ I just opened. It has no feedback right now, and I have only gotten one sale and have zero feedback so far. One thing I have a hard time deciding between in .99 or 1.00 pricing - but that's a whole different subject.
I do know that eCrater is proud that they are hooked up with Google Shopping. I intend to take advantage of that, because it's easy for me (I work with spreadsheets for inventory no matter what) to add attributes - AS LONG AS IT WORKS.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still do attributes, partly because it isn't that much more work, but also ecrater (several months back) said that they want to try to do something or other with them and that we should keep doing them. No skin off my back.

I also have a 'disapproved' item that has been hanging out for a while. I 'fixed' it, even though for years there hadn't been anything wrong with it. Very Happy I do remember from the last time that I had one it took 4-6 weeks to have it disappear. Ignore it. I certainly wouldn't delete an item to get rid of that message. It does take awhile for reasons unknowns, for them to go byby. Patience.
retrodecostyle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: that's okay Reply with quote

Oh well about deleting it. My supplier gave it a new name anyway. It had been on sale and was no longer. Proves that it's an eCrater glitch.
Thanks about the no worries.
Have you ever learned that nothing gets put on Google Shopping if even one item is dissaproved? I swore I had at one time....
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you ever learned that nothing gets put on Google Shopping if even one item is dissaproved?

Nope. Just checked for an item I just sold that I had multiples of.(remember I have a 'disapproved item myself) and I am showing up on both Google search and Google shopping with a very high placement -- #5 on the first page for Google search and #3 on the first page for Google shopping. I would be in a pickle if my stuff didn't show up because of one disapproved item.

I think you may be hearing some old wives tales. Things just don't work that way.

Quote:
Proves that it's an eCrater glitch.
Not sure why you think there was an ecrater glitch. I found your item in google, just because you didn't doesn't mean it wasn't there. So no glitch. I rarely ever check to see where or even if, my stuff is showing up on ecrater, Google search or Google shopping--too many other things to do and it is sort of pointless. As long as your ecrater store is showing well, the others things will be working as well. Focus on the other aspects of your business like promotion, making good titles so you rank better, good descriptions, etc. All those things that are important for a sale.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: that's okay Reply with quote

retrodecostyle wrote:
Have you ever learned that nothing gets put on Google Shopping if even one item is dissaproved? I swore I had at one time....

Yeah, that's incorrect. I have a handful of products that are disapproved. Some are older products that actually have attributes applied to them and some are newer products that I added no attributes to that google requires attributes for and, I still have a ton of my products showing up in google shopping.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a while back they mentioned that if your store had too many disapproved items, the entire store would not get picked up by Google Shopping. I don't know if that has changed or not.
laura-n-trentsextra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Sigh Reply with quote

That item, which doesn't exist in my store anymore, is still marked as disapproved.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Sigh Reply with quote

laura-n-trentsextra wrote:
That item, which doesn't exist in my store anymore, is still marked as disapproved.
That statement confuses me greatly. Are you saying that the item is not visible from your store front, or that the item has been deleted from your admin screen ?

Which is it ?
laura-n-trentsextra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: This is still showing! Reply with quote

So....I got so sick of the notice every time I logged in that I deleted the item a few days ago. It was pending delete....
Now that item has been deleted and
There is still a notice! and that notice to "click here" leads no where, now.

This IS an eCrater glitch, at this point.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: This is still showing! Reply with quote

So....I got so sick of the notice every time I logged in that I deleted the item a few days ago. It was pending delete....
Now that item has been deleted and
There is still a notice! and that notice to "click here" leads no where, now.

This IS an eCrater glitch, at this point.

The message showing up is not a glitch. The message regarding disapproved items is only updated approximately twice per month. If you deleted an item, the message won't change immediately, but the next time the data is pulled from Google for disapproved items.

em
laura-n-trentsextra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: yep Reply with quote

since the beginning of February
DarrensCigarBoxGuitars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Never smoke guitars Reply with quote

I make and sell cigar box guitars until recently they were all happily listed in google shopping when ecrater did this for us

Now they are all removed, when I asked the reply from ecrater support was it was because of the word "cigar" causing the problem

If you check you will find other cigar box guitars listed so there must be a way of telling google this is a guitar and you would be very silly to try and smoke it.

Also they were listed sucesfully before when ecrater did it so it must be possible. i was kinda hopping ecrater might have let me know what criptic magic they used before when they managed this and it worked fine. Alas not

I have now included product_type : guitar in the attributes. Ecrater has excepted this so I am waiting to see what happens. This attribute is not listed when you click the question mark though ?

Does anybody else have any suggestions ? do you think adding product_type will work or has any body else had success ?

darren
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at Google Shopping and there are 150 cigar box guitars listed on Google Shopping, so it seems rather unfair to disapprove yours. I would contact eCrater again and mention this.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: