eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

1 products are disapproved from Google
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarrensCigarBoxGuitars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: do not smoke guitars Reply with quote

Thanks oak tree

They seam to have now come back now !

If the dudes at ecrater did this then thank you very much

Randomly ecrater is still telling me that I have 5 disproved products

Confused but happy I guess and not sure really what the issue was or how it was resolved

Anyway
Remember never ever attempt to smoke a guitars they are bad for your health
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google disapproval is really very quirky. I had 6 that were disapproved. I couldn't find anything wrong with them, but I changed things that MIGHT have been causing problems if you stretched it very far out. They were approved, and showed up in Google Shopping. I now have 4 of them back on the disapproved list, and I honestly can't figure out what the problem is. They are just little vintage figurines.

I'll give it a little while to see if it straightens out, and then maybe I'll list them in a new listing and see if I can break the link to the disapproval, since I can find nothing wrong with them.

I'm still getting views on them, in spite of the Google Shopping problem.

What a maddening thing this is!!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakteakstore wrote:
I'm still getting views on them, in spite of the Google Shopping problem.

Remember this ...

Google Shopping (aka Google Product Search) is probably keeping them on file for 30 days. If the issue has not been corrected by then, the item won't be retained.

Google Web Search (organic) presumably does not care what is being approved/dis-approved by GPS.

Other web crawlers (Bing, Duck Duck Go, Yahoo, etc) presumably do not care what is being approved/dis-approved by GPS.

This is why you still see hits.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Google Shopping (aka Google Product Search) is probably keeping them on file for 30 days.

I now have 4 products disapproved by Google. All books. So I'm guessing it's a repeat of the baloney a few months ago, whereby I submit the correct ISBN and Google says it's wrong, then I send scans of the ISBN from the book to eCrater, and Google still says it's wrong.

That said, these 4 products are not currently in Google Product Search. They were disapproved per the 9-14 feed, one day ago. So the information was not retained for 30 days.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anymore and I'm tired of guessing. Sorry Google you win, I'm going with Bing. Maybe I WIN.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just relisted the 4 items that were disapproved. I couldn't find anything wrong with them, maybe the new listing will take care of the bad Karma. Betond that, I give up trying to fool around with something that doesn't have a problem as far as I can see.

Maybe Google needs to fix their bots.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry Google you win, I'm going with Bing

How are you going to do that? Just cuz we give up on Google doesn't mean people stop using it to search.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:
I now have 4 products disapproved by Google. All books. So I'm guessing it's a repeat of the baloney a few months ago, whereby I submit the correct ISBN and Google says it's wrong, then I send scans of the ISBN from the book to eCrater, and Google still says it's wrong.

Here's a random idea ...

I pickup a book that I had lying here, flipped it over to see the isbn on the back. Went to Google Shopping and typed 'isbn 0-596-00987-9'. Google found a listing for that book. Now, I can't promise you they found it based on the attribute, or if the seller had the ISBN in the description as well, but it might be an interesting exercise to enter a few of your ISBNs and see if GPS finds any matches.

edit 1: BTW, my LEGO parts store has 1 item disapproved. When I go to GPS and search for a meaningful fragment of the title, there it is. I have no idea if the current report of disapproval is current, or if it represents some transient glitch that has been resolved. I think I spoke of this a month or two back, in another thread.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
it might be an interesting exercise to enter a few of your ISBNs and see if GPS finds any matches.

I've done that. My assessment of the problem is that Google is showing different editions of these books, with different ISBN, than the editions I have. So Google is saying that my ISBNs are incorrect, b/c they do not match the most recent editions, with different ISBNs, that Google is showing. This has now happened with 5 books. Google simply does not recognize or want to deal with the fact that books get revised or have different editions...with different ISBNs. One of my books is a very rare American edition of a famous celebrity book. Before the nonsense with attributes started, my listing used to appear at the top of Google Shopping search. Now Google Product search is showing foreign editions, which have different ISBNs and which are not rare, and my product, with the correct ISBN for the edition, doesn't appear at all.

It is patently ridiculous.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah- And people who are looking for that rare edition, will never find it. If Google wants to be so particular, you would think they would take the time to do it right. They don't belong in the shopping field at all. Too many mistakes and no way for anyone to get through to them. They should go back to what they are best known for, a search engine, and stop trying to be eBay or Amazon. God knows, both of them also have their serious problems.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This has now happened with 5 books. Google simply does not recognize or want to deal with the fact that books get revised or have different editions...with different ISBNs

Makes me wonder how they are dealing with the weird instances where two books have the same ISBN. I've seen this on Amazon in the past. On one catalog page half the listings were for Harlequin romance novels and the others were a weighty textbook! I saw this more than once and I had to assume that all the sellers were listing via an upload and never actually saw the catalog page because when I would see things like that I sure wouldn't list a book there.[/code]
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Too many mistakes and no way for anyone to get through to them. They should go back to what they are best known for, a search engine

I will second that. Sales for everyone I think on all selling venues have plummeted since Google has tried to be in the selling business.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
Sorry Google you win, I'm going with Bing

How are you going to do that? Just cuz we give up on Google doesn't mean people stop using it to search.

I seriously doubt I could do anything short of a lawsuit to Google to affect their main search results, so like it or not I'll try to keep targeting that. No, I'm going to stop catering to Google Shopping. They're the problem, and to date I still have no confirmed proof GS is anything more than a quaint tool only a small percent of the populace is aware of its existence (mostly sellers). A suspicion that continues to be confirmed as my pictures and descriptions continue to be stolen by eBay users (you know who you are) to successfully sell their listings. Despite how many times they're reported.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, I also have a couple disapproved, first time that has happened. Oh well, guess that is par for the course these days.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: