eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No google feed since September 7th
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: No google feed since September 7th Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been anticipating a google feed since September 7th and I was wondering why it's taking so long this time. Is it normal for it to take more than 5 days? Since it says "3 times a week" I'm getting the feeling this is unusual. Everything in my posts is legit. I emailed ecrater 2 days ago, but no reply so far. Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a power outage on the 9th I think it was. That could have delayed things.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, mine also says Sept 7th. I'm not worried about it tho. GPS usually keeps stuff from prior feeds around for 30 days or so.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I showed a feed for this evening.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is showing the 7th also.
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was psyched to see my listings processed on the 12th and verified a couple of my items on google search. Then, to my dismay, I get a reply by Tracy (to my initial inquiry) earlier tonight, and checked to see that my listings indeed disappeared from google products. I have quoted it below. If anyone can take a look at my store and detect something, please let me know. Thank you.

"Thank you for your email. All of your items: I would suggest that you
review your items to determine why they have been disapproved. This is
nothing wrong with your feed.

Suspended from: Product Search in: all countries Reason:
Your account is suspended due to a violation of our Terms of Service and
Google Shopping Policies.
Suspended from: Search API for Shopping in: all
countries Reason: Your account is suspended due to a violation
of our Terms of Service and Google Shopping Policies.
Suspended from: Shopping in: all countries Reason:
Your account is suspended due to a violation of our Terms of Service and
Google Shopping Policies."
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no clue about all that. Never saw anyone with that type of letter here before.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how this would affect your google feed, but there are things that should be addressed. You welcome message is to long, I can't read the end of it. eCraters rules say you MUST ship to all 50 states, that includes Alaska and Hawaii. You should fill out your terms page. I think there is a Google rule about no boilerplate in listings.

Because you use stock pictures, you get a lower rankings in the marketplace. But, it looks like you have a following, despite what I have suggested. Google can be very annoying at times.

Have you gone and read Google's Terms of Service?

Good luck
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boilerplate issue makes the most sense out of the ones you suggested, but before I conclude it as a certainty, I will wait to see if Tracy or google reply to my emails, because I don't want to be wasting time for nothing. Although I stated no shipping to these regions, the Alaska and Hawaii rates are still there since they are not optional, so I can't see how it would raise any flags. Hopefully, it's not the images because that would be highly discriminatory considering how many sellers with stock pictures are flooding google products. I briefed over google's terms but haven't read it all. Looks like there have been many changes since the last time I used ecrater which was back in 2011. Annoying is an understatement, unprofessional and inconsiderate is more like it. Some of us are trying to get out of the ebay and Amazon trap, and google is making it near impossible. Thanks, Sammy.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerio, You need to take out the statement of not shipping to those three areas. PR is probably okay since it isn't a state (sorry Elperles) but you have to ship to all 50 and you can be suspended on ecrater for saying you don't, doesn't matter if you have shipping set up to them (as I understand it). I doubt if two sentences is going to be considered boilerplate. I'm still getting rid of it from when we were allowed to sue it. Takes a while to get it off thousands of listings! Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I doubt if two sentences is going to be considered boilerplate. I'm still getting rid of it from when we were allowed to sue it. Takes a while to get it off thousands of listings! Very Happy

Are you not aware that you can use the global editor to remove it? Copy your boilerplate text and pull up the global editor. Select "all categories" and then select "replace text in description". Now, paste the boilerplate text into the "text you want to replace" box and below that in the "text to replace it with" box, leave it blank and will just erase all of that text. If your boilerplate text is too long, you may have to copy and paste it in sections and just remove a sentence or two at a time and run the global editor multiple times but, it works and it saves a heck of a lot of time!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid my boilerplate wasn't always the same thing. So I always have something to tweak which will get it noticed as the listing got 'refreshed'.
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the ecrater terms say "The sellers must be able to ship throughout the United States". It does not state that exceptions are not acceptable, or allude to having to ship to all 50 states. Not saying you are wrong, but that my interpretation could easily be that. Wish Tracy didn't have to take too long to reply. My fear is that if I overpriced Alaska and Hawaii to avoid shipping there, I could be hit with a shipping violation.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater staff is small. You will get a reply, and it won't be a cookie cutter reply. Just wait a bit.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now show a feed of Sept 12th.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: