eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Question about shipping terms
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
columbiatradingpost



Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Question about shipping terms Reply with quote

Site terns state - The sellers must be able to ship throughout the United States.
Does this include Alaska and Hawaii?
I want to ship free but can't afford to ship the item to those locations
If I say no shipping to those locations in my ad, is it a violation?

I also had an Item sell and put "sold" in the add but didn't delete the ad. Is that a violation?
Thanks for the help.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies



Posts: 1585

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alaska and Hawaii are both states aren't they? Yes, you do need to ship to both.

Yes, you can not put sold on an item. Here at ecrater everything showing in your store has to be for sale. You can "hide" any sold items.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles



Posts: 3193

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that S&H is high for Alaska and Hawaii, but it worries me a little to see some sellers excludes fellow USA States.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
columbiatradingpost



Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
I know that S&H is high for Alaska and Hawaii, but it worries me a little to see some sellers excludes fellow USA States.


Why be Worried. It has nothing to do with patriotism. It is just not knowing how.
How do "you" sell an Item, Say for 12.00 that you can ship Priority Mail in mainland US for 5.70 but cost 20.00 to Alaska?
I would be glad to ship to both but I'm ignorant in the way it's done. I can't ship to Alaska for 5.70. How would you list it? Thanks

PS Once sold an item and shipping was a fix price. I was making a little profit and the customer was getting a very good deal. I was giving 2 day shipping. Everybody wins and is happy.
A person from Hawaii bought it and I lost 35.00 in shipping.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
columbiatradingpost



Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleButterflyJewlery wrote:
Alaska and Hawaii are both states aren't they? Yes, you do need to ship to both.

Yes, you can not put sold on an item. Here at ecrater everything showing in your store has to be for sale. You can "hide" any sold items.


Thanks for the response. Yes they are states. They also have much different
shipping cost. I want to ship fast and inexpensive for the person buying.
Can't do that for those two locations. I am not sure how to satisfy both. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Again, thank you for the reply. Steve
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles



Posts: 3193

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What!? Nobody is talking about patriotism. You don't need to worry or eat any S&H cost to ship to Alaska and Hawaii. The system gave you the option to fill the S&H for these places. If you calculate $20, you ask $20, and you fill $20.

Quote:
A person from Hawaii bought it and I lost 35.00 in shipping.


One more time. Tools are available to ask the correct S&H and USPS Priority Flat Rates have the same prices over all domestic locations. I believe there are better excuses to avoid shipping to a destination.

Good luck in your business.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray



Posts: 6093

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

columbiatradingpost wrote:
PS Once sold an item and shipping was a fix price. I was making a little profit and the customer was getting a very good deal. I was giving 2 day shipping. Everybody wins and is happy.
A person from Hawaii bought it and I lost 35.00 in shipping.

I believe you can set the shipping to be different between US-Mainland and Alaska/Hawaii if you use the Shipping Matrix. Plug zeros in for US-Mainland, and remember to put a valid packed weight on each listing,
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
columbiatradingpost



Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
I believe you can set the shipping to be different between US-Mainland and Alaska/Hawaii if you use the Shipping Matrix. Plug zeros in for US-Mainland, and remember to put a valid packed weight on each listing,[/quote]

Thanks cosmicray, I am looking for instructions on how to use this feature now. Being new makes it a little hard to navigate the site.
Until the site reinstates I am on hold. I deleted Everything on the site so there should not be any issues that would hold it up. Steve
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles



Posts: 3193

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If somebody don't like my comments/opinion. I don't want to get PM about it. Please ignore my comments/opinion.

Good luck in your business.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
columbiatradingpost



Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
If somebody don't like my comments/opinion. I don't want to get PM about it. Please ignore my comments/opinion.

Good luck in your business.


No you would rather air it out in public. That explains a lot. You verified my PM.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
troxsell



Posts: 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on subject...shipping to alaska and hawaii fall into zone 8 for priority mail. I ship from ohio, and even california for me falls into zone 8. So it cost the same for me to ship to CA as it does HI and AK.
Somewhere in the post office site you can plug in your zipcode and then get a list of all of the zipcode and what zones they fall into.

I use the shipping matrix and add a weight to all of my products. The shipping matrix allows you to set prices for mainland, alaska and Hawaii.
For mainland, I use zone 6 for my price calculations. And for AL and HI, I use zone 8 (because they will be zone 8 ).
So for my mainland items, if my neighbor buys from me, they will be overpriced a little bit, but a CA purchase I will lose a little. Its not perfect, but seems to be working ok for me so far.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ColumbiaTradingpost



Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks troxsell. I will go to school on it.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat



Posts: 2042

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Columbia I don't know how you calculate priority shipping that goes from $5.70 to $35.00 for the same item within the USA or to HI. Surely anything that heavy would not ship within the US for $5.70.

I entered a Baltimore MD zip and a NW Washington zip and that is the priority flat rate shipping for the smallest box or envelope ($5.60-$5.80) A one pound package regular priority would cost $6.95. Standard package rate is $6.85.

Using the same Baltimore MD zip and a Honolulu HI zip. The rates for a 1 pound package is exactly the same as to Washington. Even a 3 pound package was in the $12-15 range depending on how you ship it.

I think you are gathering your info incorrectly.

As far I know, the USPS does not penalize Americans because they are not resident in the mainland. It used to be that if you chose package service instead of priority mail, your item was shipped by boat and while it took a while it was less expensive than priority.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ColumbiaTradingpost



Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
Columbia I don't know how you calculate priority shipping that goes from $5.70 to $35.00 for the same item within the USA or to HI. Surely anything that heavy would not ship within the US for $5.70.

I entered a Baltimore MD zip and a NW Washington zip and that is the priority flat rate shipping for the smallest box or envelope ($5.60-$5.80) A one pound package regular priority would cost $6.95. Standard package rate is $6.85.

Using the same Baltimore MD zip and a Honolulu HI zip. The rates for a 1 pound package is exactly the same as to Washington. Even a 3 pound package was in the $12-15 range depending on how you ship it.

I think you are gathering your info incorrectly.

As far I know, the USPS does not penalize Americans because they are not resident in the mainland. It used to be that if you chose package service instead of priority mail, your item was shipped by boat and while it took a while it was less expensive than priority.



If you read the post again you will see the mention of a 35.00 lost is in a new paragraph at the very end and had nothing to do with a 5.70 shipping fee. I do thank you for your thoughts on the matter.

I was telling troxsell in the previous post that I will go to school on this and learn.
I appreciate everyone's help and consider this tread closed for me. Happy selling.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles



Posts: 3193

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat. You are going to get PM too. Laughing
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum