eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Inventory doesn't appear to be adjusting?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
salesbysuzanne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Inventory doesn't appear to be adjusting? Reply with quote

I've got the setting marked to adjust my inventory as items sell, but from time to time I had suspicions that wasn't working. Today I have 35 items that sold, none of which adjusted. I'm used to this happening automatically so I'm not even really sure where to begin or what to troubleshoot. Is anyone else having this issue?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, my last two orders did the same thing. They also didn't have the green checkbox showing they were paid next to the orders, even though they were paid via PayPal (and they weren't an echeck or anything held, just normal payments).
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

must be a Thursday thing. I crossed checked several orders from Wednesday (PP & GCO) against physical inventory, and everything looks fine.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I do inventory control manually after sales I haven't encountered the problem.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Inventory doesn't appear to be adjusting? Reply with quote

salesbysuzanne wrote:
Is anyone else having this issue?

I've had that happen to me a few times before but, not recently. Last year, I got an order and with the item they ordered I was thinking wait a minute, didn't I just sell that last week? And I knew I only had one available so, the inventory control didn't work and I sold the same item twice over. I had to contact ecrater about it because the buyer was mad when I told them that my inventory control had failed to remove that item when it sold a week prior, so they left me bad feedback saying "Don't buy from this seller. She doesn't even have the items that she's selling!"
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check each order after the fact to be sure that it's inventory control is working correctly. That also gives me a chance if I have more than one item to see if the listing needs tweaked or anything else done to it. If I see that it is showing more in stock and my database says I should be at zero, I do a manual check of my inventory to be sure that my count is correct. I had several orders today and got the green check mark when needed as well.
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this happen on more than one occasion over the last year- frustrating that I have to cancel a sale for an item that was sold. Even more frustrating for a buyer. One item keeps coming up every year like clockwork and I sold it three years ago.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kittenkat22 wrote:
I have had this happen on more than one occasion over the last year- frustrating that I have to cancel a sale for an item that was sold. Even more frustrating for a buyer. One item keeps coming up every year like clockwork and I sold it three years ago.

Did the order involve an electronic payment that way completed instantly ?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One item keeps coming up every year like clockwork and I sold it three years ago.

Have you deleted it? If it still comes back, you need to contact ecrater about the problem.
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am not sure how it happened but it has happened too often- even if only three to five times in two years. I have five online stores and inventory is a nightmare if I have to do it more than once a year (even then it doen't matter here if the item is relisted that sold two years ago). Now that we are paying fees here- you bet I am going to report this from now on- but how? On this board? I don't see any way to contact admin? Any one know? Do we write Administration@eCrater.com??

Thanks in advance

PS Yes, I delete items sold.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kittenkat22 wrote:
... I don't see any way to contact admin? Any one know? Do we write Administration@eCrater.com??
Go to the home page of the eCRATER marketplace at www.ecrater.com and click on Contact Us.
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: