eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Charges for marketplace sales Reply with quote

I wondered how long it would be before eCrater had to start charging something. I think charging for sales that come through the marketplace makes sense. I often wondered to myself how long they could keep paying for everything. What do you think?

Also can't wait to see the new themes. I love changes.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who have not read it, the announcement is here ...
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33039
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that I just paid $3.05 for selling on TH, I am fine with this little bit here. If they are finding my store through the ecrater web site, that is a fine arrangement.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no quarrel with the 2.9% but don't understand the difference between that 2.9% and commission.

How is that to be paid? Hopefully it will drive some of the low-lifes off the site screaming they've been betrayed.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is fine.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
How is that to be paid?
The FAQ says you will receive an invoice email around the 15th of the following month. I assume payment via one of the services (PP or GW).

maggiethehousecat wrote:
Hopefully it will drive some of the low-lifes off the site screaming they've been betrayed.
If they have an unpaid invoice, it would, at a minimum, prevent them from being visible in the marketplace.

A suggestion for eCRATER (if you are following this)... allow us to net the marketplace payment across multiple stores. That way you would only get hit with a single 30-cent transaction fee (from each seller per month).
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
A suggestion for eCRATER (if you are following this)... allow us to net the marketplace payment across multiple stores. That way you would only get hit with a single 30-cent transaction fee (from each seller per month).

In fact there will be no transaction fee. It is important for us to make it fair for all merchants so the rate will be just 2.9%. We will be covering the transaction cost.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
Hopefully it will drive some of the low-lifes off the site screaming they've been betrayed.

I'm not exactly a "low-life" but I was selling here because it was free. Since I don't get any marketplace sales, it doesn't really affect me, but once they start charging for all sales that will be the end of my partnership with ecrater.

Fortunately I'm positioned to make that transition easily.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly me, I believed that the site would always be free as promised. That's life! Over 5 years has been a good ride though and helped us get established here. I think I've been doing a good job of promoting my store so that I get more direct traffic. Even my Google analytics shows that.

Out of my last 23 sales here since they have been showing us where the sales come from, only 6 were marketplace. Interestingly enough they were all UK and AU sales.

I guess for me, I would rather pay the 2.9% and get a sale, than not get the sale, especially as the funds are to be going towards helping promote ecrater. I do believe that if more people knew about ecrater they would come shopping here.

If I'm reading the FAQs correctly, it looks like we aren't going to be getting the "why can't I see my stuff? Am I suspended?" posts anymore also.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not exactly sure what the costs will be or I am just tired after working with teenagers all day. Let me get it straight. If I sell an item that comes in from the marketplace and my item costs 10.00, the fee will be 2.9 per cent or 29 cents? Is that right? That is not so bad. Out of the 4 sales I had so far this month, 2 came from the marketplace. I am fine with this if I am doing my math right.
I too can't wait for the new templates.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
If I'm reading the FAQs correctly, it looks like we aren't going to be getting the "why can't I see my stuff? Am I suspended?" posts anymore also.

I believe there would still be reasons to suspend a store, that have nothing to do with the 2.9% (e.g. selling suspect licensed products).
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
If I sell an item that comes in from the marketplace and my item costs 10.00, the fee will be 2.9 per cent or 29 cents?

That's the way I understand it.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good in my opinion, no matter if I never made one sale here ever, I was feeling kinda guilty having ecrater foot the whole bill.

Just make it easy for me to pay, keep the large pictures, all is good.

Now ebay is at 10%, plus the 2.9% + 30 cents plus shipping. and free headaches.

Razz
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe there would still be reasons to suspend a store, that have nothing to do with the 2.9% (e.g. selling suspect licensed products).

I wasn't thinking of the new charges when I posted that. From reading all the FAQ questions it looks like the seller getting suspended have a new system to work it out that doesn't included getting mad at us when we tell them 'yes, they are suspended'. Just saw that as something else new, but I may have been looking at it wrong.
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening is not prime time thinking time for me....

Can someone explain to me what marketplace means?

I'm perfectly fine with the fee - just want to know how that term is defined.

I will admit I do nothing (beyond email siggies) to promote and the majority of my recent sales are from the marketplace.

So - can someone explain it to me, please? And of course TIA!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: