eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
afraid too many people will opt out and leave ecrater marketplace like the ghost town it used to be a few years back.

If it becomes a ghost town. It is eCrater fault. Long time ago I'm one of the members suggesting taking/put in hold any non-update, parking/storage lot, or forgotten store.

Quote:
Sounds like for some reason you don't like ecrater so I'm not sure why you are here. If you don't like where you are selling, then leave as there is no rule that says you have to stay on a venue you don't like. The 'fanboys' crack, well I hope you didn't mean it as insulting as it sounded to me. As if those of us that like ecrater are stupid or idiots for staying with ecrater and supporting it

MoonwishesStore, it isn't needed to go defensive. It was just an opinion.

Like I said somewhere. What is going to happen in others "free" long time sites after eCrater news about the fee? I believe it just time before they do the same. Right now, eCrater long time "free" brother Blu Jay is working in some "update" of the site and also use Froogle/Google Shopping. Shocked
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MoonwishesStore, it isn't needed to go defensive. It was just an opinion.

I'm not on the defensive. I felt it was a rude comment and said so. I do get tired of people who say things like that and then make it sound like others who object to their comments because of there rudeness are the ones that have a problem. All he needed to say was "this is my opinion only" if he said anything at all. Yes, we all get to have opinions, but not at the expense of calling people names however they try to cloak it.
outdates

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the posts here made by anyone other than admin is just an opinion,no-one can change anything that goes on here other than those in charge. I am sorry if you took a comment i made as being rude it was not suppose to come out like that. i could go on and say more,but sometimes less is more.

I have said what i came here to say it was directed to all in the community to stop and think,open your eyes and see what is happening and to express your thoughts pubicly on these boards.

I understand there are expenses to running a site like this and the owner needs revenue,but there has to be other ways with adds and such that will keep this place up and running.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own opinion is that eCrater finds themselves positioned to grow bigger than they are now and add more bells and whistles. Of course, that costs money. Maybe years ago, they didn't think it would get to this point, but over the years, with careful management, the site has improved and is one of the nicer places to sell on. It has been a slow and steady growth.

The fee is very modest and I don't see any indications that they will suddenly become a mini eBay with a crazy nut like Donohoe at the top. They have made very measured improvements and if this helps to grow to a much better site, IMHP, it's all good.

So far, I am very happy here.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outdates wrote:
Does this mean that eCRATER is not free anymore?
No. You can still sell completely for free. How? If you receive an invoice from us, just do not pay it. We will not suspend your account for this. We will decrease your ranking in the marketplace or may completely remove your products from there and do not feed your items to Google Shopping. However your store will remain active and operational.

Why not make this an option straight from the start

Good question. Reminds me of how Auctiva implemented their transition from free to pay. Started off with one thing and then backpedaled a bit when people left. I don't know what they did after that as I was long gone.
gamegod767

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a customer returns an item and I issue a full refund do I still incur the marketplace 2.9% fee?

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed with eCrater no longer being totally free. Having no fees is what attracted me to set up shop here.

I can live with 2.9% as it's reasonable but usually the crack spreads if you know what I mean...
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an option to "Send minimum buyers from the marketplace" already

From the FAQ located here: http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=3

You can minimize your marketplace traffic by selecting "Send minimum buyers from the marketplace". Then your products will appear behind in searches and when browsing categories in the main marketplace. Your product pages in the marketplace will show products of other merchants instead of other products from your store. The items may still be accessible in the marketplace if you directly enter the product url or through links in search engines or they may be completely removed from the marketplace. While selecting this option will allow you to incur minimal marketplace costs, you will be losing sales and the additional exposure that the marketplace provides.

What will happen if I do not pay the generated invoice for my marketplace sales?
This will result in all penalties described in the previous question + we may completely remove your items from the marketplace and stop showing your products in Google Shopping. Your store will remain active but you should be able to drive your own traffic and sales.

em
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I wrote on another forum that I was going to have Jiffy corn muffins and soup for my dinner. I didn't because I was out of eggs and too lazy to go to the store for more. Are you going to get mad at me because I didn't make the muffins? Take your plate and eat elsewhere?
Sue me?

We are not under contract here. If you aren't happy with or willing to accept changes as they come in life you merely have to click the button to close your store and end all affiliation with eCRATER.

The world changes; some make it better; some make it worse. Some changes you have to live with. Others you are probably better off rejecting. But some technological changes are optional and generally mean you will have a better life if you accept them as opposed to planting your feet in cement.

When we bought our first computer, opened our first email account, made our first online sale, we made decisions to go forward with modern innovations. eCRATER's decision to move forward is just another one.
gamegod767

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
Yesterday I wrote on another forum that I was going to have Jiffy corn muffins and soup for my dinner. I didn't because I was out of eggs and too lazy to go to the store for more. Are you going to get mad at me because I didn't make the muffins? Take your plate and eat elsewhere?
Sue me?

Er, your analogy is an enigma wrapped in a riddle surrounded by mystery and drizzled with hidden secrets to me. I take it you like muffins then??? lol/jk

Seriously though, I'm a bit disappointed with the news eCrater is no longer free. It's not the end of the world but I'm entitled to my opinion and it's my prerogative. Alas I have no clever muffin analogy to give you my good lady Wink

I'm wondering if I would be charged 2.9% on a sale that I refunded though. I have a current situation where this might happen; I'm having difficulty getting a game to work for a customer and most likely I will have to cancel the order and issue a full refund. Would I still incur a 2.9% fee on the refunded order?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamegod767 wrote:
Would I still incur a 2.9% fee on the refunded order?

I don't know for sure. I know they said you won't get charged if the buyer doesn't pay at all. If they won't charge you for an order being refunded then I guess ecrater will have some way of knowing that the order was refunded (maybe when the refund is issued in paypal it will send an alert to ecrater that an order was refunded) or they'll give us the option to contact them and let them know (sort of like on ebay where you file an unpaid item case) but it would be for an order refunded instead. It will probably be something like that. But like I said, I don't know. They may still keep the 2.9% fee even if your buyer requests a refund.
NirvanaCreations

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Marketplace fee and Refund Policy? Reply with quote

From Page 3 of this thread:

ecrater-moon wrote:
eastpaladin wrote:
I understand starting May 1st, 2013, there will be a "2.9% marketplace fee", for those store items sold successfully via the eCrater's marketplace homepage.

What happens when my customer wants to return the sold item/s for a full refund? Assuming that I authorizes the return and gave full refund, is there a way for me to get the "marketplace fee" back?

Thanks.

If the order is refunded there will be no marketplace cost.

em

Also from eCrater's FAQs:

Are there costs to sell on eCRATER?
It is absolutely FREE to open a store on eCRATER! This means you won't pay any fees, final value fees, monthly fees or commission to open your own store and sell your products. You will get 100% of all the sales that you bring to your store. If eCRATER brings you a sale through the main marketplace, we will collect 2.9% marketplace cost. This marketplace cost will not be imposed on shipping and tax or refunded/reversed or unpaid orders and will only occur for buyers coming from the marketplace.
gamegod767

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Thanks NirvanaCreations; that was the answer I was looking for. I apologize for having missed that crucial bit of info. Respect Muffins to you! Wink
NirvanaCreations

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamegod767 wrote:
Ah! Thanks NirvanaCreations; that was the answer I was looking for. I apologize for having missed that crucial bit of info. Respect Muffins to you! Wink

Laughing
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This means you won't pay any fees, final value fees, monthly fees or commission to open your own store and sell your products. If eCRATER brings you a sale through the main marketplace, we will collect 2.9% marketplace cost."

I still find it funny the way ecrater is wording the above statement. Saying you won't pay any fees to sell your products. Sure, they are not charging listing fees but if an item sells through the marketplace you will be charged a 2.9% fee which IS in fact a type of fee that will be charged for selling an item so technically, yes, ecrater will be charging a fee for selling those items. Also, they call it a marketplace cost and seem to be avoiding the word fee, charge, and commission. A cost IS the same thing as a fee or a charge so ultimately, yes it is a fee.

LOL, not that I mind paying it because like I've said before, I've put too much work into my store to back out now, I'm just saying that they are really trying their hardest to avoid using those words. I'd imagine it's because the words fee, charge, and commission seem to turn people away and in order not to drive sellers away they are choosing their words carefully. I can understand why though. And I also understand that it is definitely not free to own and operate a marketplace so, it does seem that ecrater is long overdue to get some compensation for their hard work and efforts to keep this place up and running.
mypetsrule

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to say... I don't mind the 2.9% fee at all. Very Happy

It's much better than another place I started listing on recently (it's in the "Beta" stage). After adding a bunch of items with a percentage being donated to a cause (which I thought was a great idea).. I was just informed today that, gee, they are raising their fee to 7%. So I have to decide if I want to list there anymore. For a start-up, that's a big percentage compared to other sites. Probably will go and close my account. I'd rather spend time here on Ecrater listing items anyway!

So Ecrater only asking for 2.9% seems like a breath of fresh air to me... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17

Jump to: