eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
craftsnstuff



Posts: 58

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Back many years ago ...
Back in 2005 I wondered like most people how long will it remain free

My guess was 5 years max

Now here it is 2013 and an extremely reasonable fee is announced
Am I surprised?
No! I've been expecting it for over 3 years! I'm surprised it has taken so long!
I'm surprised that is only 2.9% and only in sales from the marketplace

I don't see this is have much of an effect on those that advertise their own store and products.

I'm excited to see what other changes will be going to us!


I wondered this also. I am surprised it did take longer than I expected. I moved from feebay not because of the final fees but they raised the price of stores so high it made it impossible for me to make a profit, well and also as time went I was so glad I was not there dealing with all the other "we will control your store way too much" stuff.

My only concern is how we will pay them - will they take paypal or do we have to do a different form of payment? Will we get to see a running total like the other site or just wait until we get the bill?

I must say the one thing I am not really worried about is when I have a question, concern or think something is not right I always get a response from a live person in a decent amount of time from eCrater.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows



Posts: 2799

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: What billing email address will ecrater use for the invo Reply with quote

vintagemoonbeams wrote:
What email address will the generated invoice be sent to? If you have multiple stores, will all the invoices go to the same email address that you have set up for your order emails to be sent to? Will it be a combined invoice, or several separate invoices?

I have all my store order emails as well as "Ask seller a question" emails going to one main email address. That is the email address that I currently am using.

If the invoice goes to the email address that I used to originally set up the stores, that will be bad, because I only used those addresses once long ago, and don't even remember them.
Is there something we need to do to register the correct billing email address with ecrater?


i'm in the same boat. As long as the invoice is sent to the same address as order notices do I am okay. If not I need to make a change with admin.

Along the same line, where we have more than one store, will we get multiple invoices and if we do can we make one payment or in my cases 5 payments assuming I have sales in every store every month?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray



Posts: 7014

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: What billing email address will ecrater use for the invo Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Along the same line, where we have more than one store, will we get multiple invoices and if we do can we make one payment or in my cases 5 payments assuming I have sales in every store every month?

That is basically the same question I asked back on page 1 of this thread, when I voiced a concern about eCRATER getting hit with multiple 30-cent fees per seller per month. They did not seem to be that concerned.

I'm waiting to see what the new payment types are going to be, as there may be a connection between this question and those.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 16530

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to put all this talk about FEES in proper prospective for me at least. My first (and so far only) order for May came in as a 'marketplace' order which means I now owe $.55. I wondered what would happen if I sold just as much as I did this April with ALL my sales coming through ecrater and 'marketplace'. Then I compared it to a month with almost identical sales while trying to make a profit on ebay. If all my sales were through marketplace my fees would have been ~$37.22 this month, compared to a nearly identical month when my ebay fees were $388.21 and that doesn't include all the PP fees that month (~$100+). That month DID include one GCO fee so that was my first month on ecrater with a sale here Very Happy

Let me tell you, I think we would all not mind paying one tenth of our 'usual' ebay fee to sell here, assuming everything we sold was through marketplace which is actualy not a big source for my sales and traffic. I had assumed when coming here I would have to be forking out several hundered a month for advertising. Well I haven't, so we got to pocket that as well. Very Happy This new fee certainly isn't going to kill off my business, nor do I see it killing off most of our businesses unless you are only making a 1-5% profit on your sold goods.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts



Posts: 6293

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: What billing email address will ecrater use for the invo Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
The notification of change emails were sent to the email that was used to open the store, not the one you currently have on file. Good question.


Not true. I changed the email address for my store a few weeks ago (the email where I get my orders sent to) and I got the new changes notice sent to that newest email address. They may have also sent a notice to the email that was used when my store was first created but, I wouldn't know. My aunt set up the email that was first used and I have no idea what that would have been as it has been changed several times over the last few years. But yeah, they sent the email to the address I have listed for where to receive my orders at which is not the same email that was used when my store was first signed up for.


Last edited by tigercreekgifts on Wed May 01, 2013 11:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ecrater-moon
forum admin


Posts: 570

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To change the primary email on an account ( the email used for creating the account and the email used for notifications) eCRATER must change this email and you do have to email eCRATER support to change this. This email must be unique for each store.

For the email for orders, this email can be changed in the admin tool for the store.


em
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
campingoutlet



Posts: 68

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it is May 1st and i tested the google shopping links to our ecrater stores, they still go to the marketplace, not our actual storefront. why is this? Ive had everything set up in adwords since the beginning and ready to go with bids for clicks from ecraters google shopping feed.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
campingoutlet



Posts: 68

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I decided to put all this talk about FEES in proper prospective for me at least. My first (and so far only) order for May came in as a 'marketplace' order which means I now owe $.55. I wondered what would happen if I sold just as much as I did this April with ALL my sales coming through ecrater and 'marketplace'. Then I compared it to a month with almost identical sales while trying to make a profit on ebay. If all my sales were through marketplace my fees would have been ~$37.22 this month, compared to a nearly identical month when my ebay fees were $388.21 and that doesn't include all the PP fees that month (~$100+). That month DID include one GCO fee so that was my first month on ecrater with a sale here Very Happy

Let me tell you, I think we would all not mind paying one tenth of our 'usual' ebay fee to sell here, assuming everything we sold was through marketplace which is actualy not a big source for my sales and traffic. I had assumed when coming here I would have to be forking out several hundered a month for advertising. Well I haven't, so we got to pocket that as well. Very Happy This new fee certainly isn't going to kill off my business, nor do I see it killing off most of our businesses unless you are only making a 1-5% profit on your sold goods.
i agree, BUT sales on ebay are also double or triple what you can get on ecrater. almost everyone who shops in the world knows what ebay is, very few know what ecrater or google shopping are. but with ebay comes many problems that we all know about already and why we are on ecrater. but lets get real, most of us would be making more money on ebay, but with way more headaches. who wants to rely on ebay either, i think we all like to do it ourselves.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards



Posts: 4118

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
To change the primary email on an account ( the email used for creating the account and the email used for notifications) eCRATER must change this email and you do have to email eCRATER support to change this. This email must be unique for each store.

For the email for orders, this email can be changed in the admin tool for the store.


em
I have been unable to find any written information that tells a seller that the email address and the mailing address on file when the store is opened must be changed by contact with eCrater. I feel sellers think when they change their "order notification" email and change the address to mail money orders, this changes their information with eCrater. Maybe there should be additional information in the question box in the admin section that states the email address for order can be changed, but the store's registered email address must be changed via email with eCrater.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts



Posts: 6293

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingoutlet wrote:
i tested the google shopping links to our ecrater stores, they still go to the marketplace, not our actual storefront. why is this?


That's not good. If google shopping is set up so that when buyers click on our products it goes straight to the marketplace and not to our individual stores, that means ecraters gets to charge more fees on our orders since people will be led to the marketplace more than they will be led to our storefronts from google shopping, and it's the marketplace orders that incur the fees.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
campingoutlet



Posts: 68

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearcreekcreations wrote:
campingoutlet wrote:
i tested the google shopping links to our ecrater stores, they still go to the marketplace, not our actual storefront. why is this?


That's not good. If google shopping is set up so that when buyers click on our products it goes straight to the marketplace and not to our individual stores, that means ecraters gets to charge more fees on our orders since people will be led to the marketplace more than they will be led to our storefronts from google shopping, and it's the marketplace orders that incur the fees.
so as of right now i would assume the fee has not started yet since the system isn't working properly.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat



Posts: 9881

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what emails I used to set up my stores. I've changed ISPs and some of the emails I'm sure were emails through the former ISP. Others were freebies. If I just write eCRATER with the urls of my stores and the email address I want them to use, is that okay?

My only sale so far this month was not marketplace.

I'm like Moonwishes. The difference between fees on eBay or Ruby Lane and maximum possible on eCRATER should put your fears to rest about eCRATER exploiting us. There was a time when I was paying eBay $300 a month and another $300 for RL.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ecrater
forum admin


Posts: 1042

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingoutlet wrote:
well it is May 1st and i tested the google shopping links to our ecrater stores, they still go to the marketplace, not our actual storefront. why is this? Ive had everything set up in adwords since the beginning and ready to go with bids for clicks from ecraters google shopping feed.


We checked your account and found that it is not associated with AdWords. In addition we directly searched in Google Shopping on "campingoutlet ecrater" and can confirm that the product target id that appear for these products is ours - so we are paying for this traffic.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray



Posts: 7014

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I just searched for a few of my LEGO sets and (without clicking on the results) I can see the URL is targeting the marketplace.

Is it me, or has the format of the results in Google Shopping changed ? In the past my results were buried down a second level, but now they are right up there on the first page.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt



Posts: 2123

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as it was available I checked the box to opt out of the marketplace but I see Google Shopping still has my products listed so I would assume that will be the case until the next feed?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum