eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Everyone should remember that eCRATER will bill you monthly. It isn't like PayPal that takes the money out when the buyer pays.

That's going to be an accounting nightmare
For me, personally and for my business - if I can't have it done automatically it ain't happening
I can't recall the last time I actually had to do something to pay a bill

Sure hope they automate it like every other site does
I have never seen one that sends a monthly bill
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
campingoutlet

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Everyone should remember that eCRATER will bill you monthly. It isn't like PayPal that takes the money out when the buyer pays.

For me, personally and for my business - if I can't have it done automatically it ain't happening

at this point you just might as well go with volusion, shopify or bigcommerce on your own domain. it will be a lot cheaper than the 3% fee and you can have a nicer storefront and submit your own google/bing shopping feed. ecrater itself doesnt drive any traffic, nobody knows what it is.
sales will increase because you can use a real integrated credit card processor instead of just paypal or google checkout.
im not sure what we're paying for anymore when other solutions exist out there that are cheaper and allow you to do it all on your own, on your own domain name.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingoutlet wrote:
at this point you just might as well go with volusion, shopify or bigcommerce on your own domain. it will be a lot cheaper than the 3% fee and you can have a nicer storefront and submit your own google/bing shopping feed. ecrater itself doesnt drive any traffic, nobody knows what it is.
sales will increase because you can use a real integrated credit card processor instead of just paypal or google checkout.
im not sure what we're paying for anymore when other solutions exist out there that are cheaper and allow you to do it all on your own, on your own domain name.

I 100% DISagree. But if that's how you feel then move on. For me, I do think that ecrater pulls in plenty of sales. Since the only time I'll be paying ecrater is when they bring me a sale, I'm happy to pay them for it.
Heck, honestly, I'd pay them on all the sales if that's what they wanted. I've had 8 totally free years already!
I've been there done that as far as the own website goes and I've never had the traffic I get here. PLUS I had to do a whole lot more work to try to get the traffic.
I have about 50 domain names. Most of them point to ecrater stores I own and or operate at this time.

So I suggest if you feel you can get more for less ... go for it!
Put your ecrater store on vacation hold.
So that way when it don't work out (the more for less) you can come back and it won't be hard to start all over!

Good luck to you!
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater one question. Are you going to accept the payment of the bill after accumulate $1.00 or more like other sites? How much is the limit before take action with the seller?

campingoutlet, do you ever try a blog or administrate one of that "free" forums?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:

When I was on eBay I got a monthly bill. Ruby Lane sent a monthly bill. Bonanza currently sends us a bill when fees owed come to $5 or over. Etsy sends a monthly statement on the first of the month due on the 15th. ArtFire has only store rent which is automatically charged to CC on the first of the month.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingoutlet wrote:

There are a lot of benefits to self-hosting your store. I will be sticking to taking PayPal/Google though in my Wordpress ecommerce site and my OpenCart store because of the headaches I had setting up ZenCart and a SSL card processing gateway. pfffft not really worth it when you are taking in less than $25,000 a year.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
at this point you just might as well go with volusion, shopify or bigcommerce on your own domain. it will be a lot cheaper than the 3% fee and you can have a nicer storefront and submit your own google/bing shopping feed

Not sure where your numbers are coming from that those three sites would be cheaper. I checked just one and had a bit of a giggle. Volusion would cost me AT LEAST $125 a month (I have over 8000 items listed)! How is that cheaper than the occasional 2.9% on a few marketplace sales? Of ALL I have sold on ecrater so far this year no matter where the sales came from, I wouldn't have hit that much money in fees. Plus then there is all the fun and games of moving all the inventory to another site which is not fun!
campingoutlet

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
at this point you just might as well go with volusion, shopify or bigcommerce on your own domain. it will be a lot cheaper than the 3% fee and you can have a nicer storefront and submit your own google/bing shopping feed

Not sure where your numbers are coming from that those three sites would be cheaper. I checked just one and had a bit of a giggle. Volusion would cost me AT LEAST $125 a month (I have over 8000 items listed)! How is that cheaper than the occasional 2.9% on a few marketplace sales? Of ALL I have sold on ecrater so far this year no matter where the sales came from, I wouldn't have hit that much money in fees. Plus then there is all the fun and games of moving all the inventory to another site which is not fun!
then use magento, its free.
but spending $1500 a year on volusion would prob increase your sales. having a professional storefront would prob decrease your bounces, you check your bounce rate on analytics?

it all depends on your sales volume, if it doesnt work for you it doesnt work for you. but it might be a good way to grow your sales and business.

just for example though if a person is doing $150k sales on ecrater, lets say half of those are marketplace, so your fees to ecrater would be about $2200. But most stores dont carry 8000 items, so you could use a volusion plan at $65 month. do you now see why this works for some sellers?

Even doing 50k in sales on ecrater, with about half marketplace ($750 fees), would put you into the group who might be better off with a volusion, shopify or bigcommerce type program since they have plans that range from $35-75 month.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is not a thread for promoting other marketplaces.
Please stay on topic

em
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my first Pinterest sale! Now I think I have had a sale from each of the possibilities. The pattern I sold yesterday through Pinterest had been repined 5 times so I'm not sure if it came directly from my account or one of the repined places.

If for no other reason, I find it so interesting to see where the different sales come from, especially after all the years of working hard to promote my site.

Also had my first marketplace nonpayment yesterday as well so I guess next month I will really get to see how everything works out. I do know that I'm not going broke on fees to ecrater.
auntiem

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: where are we going to get the bills? Reply with quote

Where and when are the bills going to arrive?
Email? once a month? Notify on eCrater store front? I'm not clear on the process. Pardon me if it has already been covered here. I did not read all the 15 pages prior.
Thank you.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: What billing email address will ecrater use for the invo Reply with quote

vintagemoonbeams wrote:
vintagemoonbeams wrote:
"What will happen if I do not pay the generated invoice for my marketplace sales?

This will result in all penalties described in the previous question + we may completely remove your items from the marketplace and stop showing your products in Google Shopping. Your store will remain active but you should be able to drive your own traffic and sales."
------------------------------------------------

What email address will the generated invoice be sent to? If you have multiple stores, will all the invoices go to the same email address that you have set up for your order emails to be sent to? Will it be a combined invoice, or several separate invoices?

I have all my store order emails as well as "Ask seller a question" emails going to one main email address. That is the email address that I currently am using.

If the invoice goes to the email address that I used to originally set up the stores, that will be bad, because I only used those addresses once long ago, and don't even remember them.

Is there something we need to do to register the correct billing email address with ecrater?

Here is the email answer I received from Tracy.

"Thank you for your email. We will make an official post regarding the
billing details at a later date."

Sincerely,
Tracy
The eCRATER Team

Answers to common questions can be found in the FAQs & Solutions Here:
http://community.ecrater.com/viewform.php?f=13

FAQ General http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=1
FAQ for selling http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=3
FAQ for buying http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=2

---------------------------------

As far as I know, there has not been any official posting with details yet?
gamegod767

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a Paypal sale that I fully refunded since the marketplace fee system took effect.

The transaction is still marked as paid in my eCrater Orders so I'm not sure how the Ecrater system will be aware of the refund I issued via Paypal.

If I had to guess we will have to contest the fee and provide some evidence for eCrater to reverse the charge; similar how to Bonanza handles refunds.

Also, I was wondering what happened to Google AdSense in the seller's admin section. I don't see an option anywhere to enable or disable Google AdSense anymore.

I can still log on to my account via the official Google AdSense site so I'm assuming I'm still generating revenue for the ads. Is eCrater still allowing sellers to financially benefit from ads?
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamegod767 wrote:
I already have a Paypal sale that I fully refunded since the marketplace fee system took effect.

The transaction is still marked as paid in my eCrater Orders so I'm not sure how the Ecrater system will be aware of the refund I issued via Paypal.

If I had to guess we will have to contest the fee and provide some evidence for eCrater to reverse the charge; similar how to Bonanza handles refunds.

We track this information so there is no need to be concerned about this.

em
gamegod767

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:

We track this information so there is no need to be concerned about this.
em

Ah I see, thank you for the reply. I was just wondering as the refunded Paypal transaction is still showing up as Paid in my order page with no mention of the refund.

I am glad we don't have to contest charges then and provide evidence as that can be somewhat of a pain.

Are sellers still allowed to participate in Google Adsense though? The option to disable or enable Google Adsense in my admin page is now gone.

However I still can log into Adsense and it appears my eCrater account is still linked. Can you provide any insight regarding this? Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: