eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
A suggestion for eCRATER (if you are following this)... allow us to net the marketplace payment across multiple stores. That way you would only get hit with a single 30-cent transaction fee (from each seller per month).

In fact there will be no transaction fee. It is important for us to make it fair for all merchants so the rate will be just 2.9%. We will be covering the transaction cost.

What if I have six stores here, will each one get an invoice and is the 2.9% on the total with shipping or just the cost of the item sold. I think what cosmic was saying is there a way to combine the charges for our multiple stores so that ecrater doesn't have to pay 30cents for each store we own's invoice.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dellarobbia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: MERKETPLACE - please can someone clarify this? Reply with quote

likesthejewels wrote:
I too would like to know exactly what is the "marketplace." I don't have a clue.

me too...
how do people buy your stuff on eCrater without buying it from the marketplace?

eCrater says:
"Please remember that allowing your account to go past your due date without a payment, decreases the ranking of your products and your sales. We may also completely exclude your items from the marketplace and do not post your products in Google Shopping."

Exluding items from the marketplace means loosing your eCrater store?? Question Exclamation
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you list an item in your eCrater store, it is also listed in the eCrater Marketplace. There are two links available for your items to be seen, a link to the item in your store and a link to the item in the marketplace. When eCrater does the feed to Google Shopping, the link to the marketplace is used. The Marketplace has one shopping cart and the buyer could purchase from several sellers. When they go to check-out, they will need to purchase from each seller. If the buyer came directly to your store, they use your store's checkout and will only checkout once.

Item as seen in your store:
http://dellarobbia.ecrater.com/p/18776782/s134-a-111-2-italian-hand-made-della

Same item as seen in the eCrater marketplace
http://www.ecrater.com/p/18776782/s134-a-111-2-italian-hand-made-della

Home Page of eCrater Marketplace
http://www.ecrater.com/

Home Page of your eCrater Store
http://dellarobbia.ecrater.com/

Since you also have a UK store, there is also a link to your item in your UK store and a link to the UK eCrater Marketplace, so your one listing can be found via 4 different links. You will only pay the Marketplace fee if the buyer found your item through the US or UK Marketplace. If they purchased through either of your eCrater stores, there will be no fee. If your promotions lead to your store links, there is a greater chance of having "in store" purchases. when you look at your orders section of your store, you'll see how the buyer arrived at your item. They may have come directly to your store or they may have come directly to the marketplace. If the eCrater system can tell where the buyer came from, that will also be given.

edited to answer second question:
Quote:
Exluding items from the marketplace means loosing your eCrater store??
No, if you don't pay your fees, your items will not be sent to Google Shopping or included in the Marketplace. There would be no change for your store. Since eCrater has to pay to send the Google Shopping feed, I think it's fair that we pay a small fee when their work brought us a sale. In your case, there is a feed to both the US and UK Google Shopping sites.

Last edited by SheilaDeesPostcards on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
dellarobbia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks s much!! Idea
jensemporium

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thanks as well. Very clear and detailed explanation. Very Happy
mariobox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
All good in my opinion, no matter if I never made one sale here ever, I was feeling kinda guilty having ecrater foot the whole bill.

Just make it easy for me to pay, keep the large pictures, all is good.

Now ebay is at 10%, plus the 2.9% + 30 cents plus shipping. and free headaches.

Razz
Yes,too expensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: