eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Charges for marketplace sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope that this new 2.9% fee thing doesn't cause ecrater to eventually open the fees floodgate and start charging for everything else. I sincerely hope that ecrater is just doing this to compensate themselves for the hard work that they do and not just to be making money because if the latter where the case, you could bet that it would only be a matter of time before other fees were charged.

And no, it wouldn't make a huge dent in my profit. While I do have some items in my store for less than $5.00, usually when I sell those smaller low cost items, my buyers end up placing multiple item orders and have ordered 3-5 of those items so, I hardly ever have a time when someone buys just one $1.99 item.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, this thread is moving fast....

"The new 2.9% marketplace cost will go towards bringing additional traffic to the marketplace. We will do mostly online ads + we have some other ideas that we would like to try out."

Does this mean "AdWords and AdSense for now, maybe something else down the line" Confused Hoping that some of those other ideas use other forms of media, too. (please)

Happy to pay and looking forward to more sales as a result. Can't wait to see the new options for our store templates (and maybe some text formatting options?). Very glad to see so much attention on growing the marketplace, I really think many people prefer that kind of browsing over the results in Google Shopping (especially now).
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the next few months we will also be adding some new payment options, custom domain support and will be launching a mobile version of our website.

I think a mobile version of the eCrater website will be very helpful.
A high percentage of my online sales are now comming from mobile devices.

------------------------------
Jeffery's Junction Vintage Collectibles
www.jefferysjunction.ecrater.com
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Moon, the only problem with jacking up your prices would be that if you have hundreds or even thousands, it would take a lot of man power and time.

An across the board price increase for all products or certain categories of products can easily be done with the global editor. Just raise them all 3% if that is all you want and think the traffic would bear. I remember a long time ago my husband talking me into raising my prices. I doubled them all and thought I would never get another one. I was wrong, I sold just as many if not more than before I increased the prices.
campingoutlet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we get some more info on the google shopping feed. will ecrater still send our feed? if so, we will be paying our adwords bid clicks from there, correct? also i just want to confirm that clicks from google shopping will go directly to our store product page, not the marketplace like the past....

i know that it says this in the official statement email from ecrater, but to be quite honest, there is no where near enough specific information in the email ecrater sent when there is potentially thousands of dollars of fees imposed on buyers who do over $100k sales here.

thank you.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i know that it says this in the official statement email from ecrater, but to be quite honest, there is no where near enough specific information in the email ecrater sent when there is potentially thousands of dollars of fees imposed on buyers who do over $100k sales here.

Did you look here at the FAQs?

http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=3

You can find some basic info there. I would assume at this point, if particular things weren't mentioned as changing, that they won't change.
TOXIICC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad idea bec ecrater is not popular id rather donate to ecrater
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to keep in mind about the 2.9% is that it is performance based. If you have no sales thru the Marketplace, then it costs you nothing. Contrast this to paying for advertising which may, or may not, drive traffic to your store.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one seller creates $500 in ad revenue for a website over the course of two months, how much do you think the site takes in for ad revenue in a year if they have over a million users? That's $3 billion, right? Did I do the math correctly on that?

Man, I'm in the wrong business!
onlypollypocket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so grateful for all of the work that goes into this site and the fact that it has always been free for sellers. THANK YOU, eCRATER!!

Since the analytic is showing the source of my traffic, I see that there are no marketplace sales, a couple from Google but the majority from my web site where I direct traffic to my eCRATER store.

If I understand the email I got, the fee will be used toward advertising eCRATER. 2.9% is WELL worth the cost to widen the audience in the marketplace and drive more traffic to sellers. Very Happy Always happy to have a little more business!

And if eCRATER makes profit on it, why not? They have been doing this free for years. 2.9% sure beats the fees of the other main selling sites!
griffengarb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: How will ecrater know not to charge the 2.9% on a marketplace sale if the buyer does not pay?
For instance: I recently had a sale... got the notice from ecrater... but the buyer did not pay and still has not paid. Buyer indicated paypal method of payment. After a few days and not receiving the payment - I emailed the buyer (normally do not ) and no response.
Months ago I had a several similar buys . Buyers never completed the sales. I did not email them at the time after my initial acknowledgement of the sale sent to me from ecrater.

How would ecrater know the buyer never paid?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griffengarb wrote:
Question: How will ecrater know not to charge the 2.9% on a marketplace sale if the buyer does not pay?
How would ecrater know the buyer never paid?

Same way they know the buyer did pay.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearcreekcreations wrote:
I just hope that this new 2.9% fee thing doesn't cause ecrater to eventually open the fees floodgate and start charging for everything else. I sincerely hope that ecrater is just doing this to compensate themselves for the hard work that they do and not just to be making money because if the latter where the case, you could bet that it would only be a matter of time before other fees were charged.

God forbid eCRATER make a little money. What do you think they are? Mendicants? Next thing you know they'll be overthrowing the government with all the money they make from us.

thecheapskirt wrote:
If one seller creates $500 in ad revenue for a website over the course of two months, how much do you think the site takes in for ad revenue in a year if they have over a million users? That's $3 billion, right? Did I do the math correctly on that?

Man, I'm in the wrong business!

I think your math is very off. First I don't know how you calculate eCRATER's ad revenue from your store. As I understand it those ads don't generate any revenue unless they are clicked. Second not all sellers participate in the ad programs. Third if eCRATER was making 3 billion $ every two months I don't think they'd be asking for fees from us. Lastly if they are making 3 billion $ every two months, ECRATER PLEASE HIRE ME AND PUT ME ON A PROFIT SHARING PLAN. FOR THAT I'LL MOVE TO CALIFORNIA.

Last edited by thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
edgohio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
Shame on those of you who would rather leave than pay a miniscule amount for a service you've been using for free, some of us for years.

Smack yourself up side of the head if you would rather select minimal marketplace traffic than run the risk of having to pay 2.9% if you have a sale. You deserve to go broke. If your profit margin is that low, raise your prices 2.9%.

I'm appalled at the defensive statements from some of you demanding to know what the money is going to be used for and immediately jumping to the conclusion that you are going to somehow be cheated. (eBay and PayPal paranoia popping up) Does anyone think you run a website with millions of listings and thousands of users just by reaching into the ether and claiming that fistful is yours?

For myself, eCRATER has been providing me with a functioning selling platform with no hassle other than that caused by Google and PO rate increases almost from their beginning. I'd feel like the biggest ingrate in the world if I resented this change.

A Big Thumbs Up For This Post. !
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I sincerely hope that ecrater is just doing this to compensate themselves for the hard work that they do and not just to be making money

For now. Not big issue for me. I will only worry only if I begin to receive all the future orders from the marketplace. Laughing

griffengarb, they added the info in the FAQ. So no payment no fee. Let see it works fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 6 of 17

Jump to: