eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Express Mail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Express Mail Reply with quote

If you are going to offer Express Mail (now called Priority Express) for last minute shoppers, now might be a good time to flip it on.

Last day to ship Express mail is Dec 23rd
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, I had an email from someone that had bought something and wanted Priority shipping. When I emailed her that it would go out today via priority she mailed back asking if it was 2 day. When I checked at the usps website, I find sure enough that Priority is now called 2 day Priority. Of course the package gets mailed on the 1st and the estimated date of delivery (that the usps said) is the 4th which makes me wonder what 2 days they are counting.

Just a heads up for those like me that don't do much with Priority. If a customer requests 2 day delivery that is the Priority. Wish they could stop changing names of things.

I never send anything Express so I haven't studied it much, but is that the what was known as overnight mail? I still remember just first class, airmail and parcel post. Boy am I getting OLD!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I never send anything Express so I haven't studied it much, but is that the what was known as overnight mail? I still remember just first class, airmail and parcel post. Boy am I getting OLD!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Priority Express is next day to many destinations, but 2-day to some more remote places. Also, there may be very tight commitments as to what time you have to hand deliver it to your post office.

Due to the timings of when my carrier gets back to the station, and when the 1st truck picks up, I cannot get next day in any situation unless I make a special trip, before 12-noon, to the post office.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing about Priority Mail Express. Each Postal Office has different times to guarantee delivery next day. In my city, the principal office guarantee package delivery. Depending the day, the item must be in the postal office before 4:30PM or 7:30PM. The office near my house package must be before 10:30AM.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priority mail can be two or three days depending upon the distance travel. But like someone else said...the USPS idea of two days or three days is a bit vague.

Altho I have the option for standard post here on eC, all my packages on my other site are mailed priority.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US PO I use only has one mail pick up a day at 3pm. By the time it gets to the nearest sorting station, it is too late to go out till next day. It is still pretty fast compared to inside Canada. But only west coast is 2 day. Everything else in 3 day. Over night doesn't exist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: