eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New member yeah!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jettybleu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: New member yeah! Reply with quote

I would like to say hello to everyone!
I just opened my store Jettybleu.ecrater.com please visit I'm new to this so bare with me!

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

Since you say you are new to online selling I'm going to be nice to you instead of rude but don't be surprised if you are suspended soon.

You are not selling ropes, parties, love or kings so your titles are nonsense, a reason for suspension.

Your descriptions are almost non-existent. They do not tell anything about the item. No size, materials, colors, for men or women or unisex, etc. I suggest you read the titles and descriptions of other jewelry sellers to get an idea how it is done.

Your photos are often turned the wrong way and some are quite gloomy. You are not restricted to a single photo. If the piece tends to get cut off when turned the right way, use a second photo of the most important detail (like the pendant on your Egyptian necklace) as the main photo and add the rectangular photos right side up. It is only the first photo that gets cropped by the system. The rest will show complete.

You do not have your welcome message filled in, not your about page or terms. These are important. The welcome message should tell a bit about what is in your store and make you sound like a nice place to shop.

About is a few bits about your and your store. Nothing you don't want to share with the world. It's okay to say this is your first store. If you make your jewelry say so, why are you selling jewelry, and stuff like that.

Terms page is about payment, how long you will wait for a money order, where, how and how fast you ship, your return policy and things like that.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! This thread should have gone in the "introduce yourself" forum. Ecrater promoters is for things people can do to help promote the ecrater site and their ecrater stores.

Anyway, yeah I'd definitely flip your photos over. It's really hard to see how an item looks if the buyer has to turn their head over to the left side to see the items right side up. Also, with your descriptions use as much of that space as you possibly can. You are given plenty of room and your buyers need to know things like whether or not a necklace is 14k solid gold or plated gold, how long the necklace is, and the materials it features. When I first started selling several years ago, I made the mistake of not putting in any measurements and I didn't sell any of my jewelry until I put that info in. If a necklace is 14, 15, or 16" long buyers want to know that because not everyone will wear a necklace that short and vice versa for a long necklace.

Also with your titles, you have up to 100 characters which is plenty of room to pretty much describe the entire necklace again. Many buyers will search for types of beads, colors, and materials in the search when looking for jewelry so having them listed as part of your titles is a big help! Here's an example:

Purple Swarovski Crystals & Blue Glass Flower Beads Beaded Handmade Necklace

That title lets buyers know that the necklace is handmade and that it includes purple crystals, glass beads, and blue beads with flowers on them. Notice, I highlighted some of the keywords a buyer could possibly search for in bold. Now, they pretty much know the majority of beads included on the necklace before they have even clicked on the listing. I sell handmade and non-handmade jewelry. Hope that helps a little.
Jettybleu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Google attributes Reply with quote

What in the world Sad help google attribute how does that work and any examples!!!
Misty4m

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to ecrater.

Hope this help you.

Summary of attribute requirements
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1344057?hl=en#US

Products Feed Specification
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?rd=1

Unique product identifiers
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161?hl=en
Misty4m

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fill in your FAQ =Frequently asked questions
Jettybleu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Google attribute Reply with quote

Thank you I hope so we'll see
Misty4m

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Google attribute Reply with quote

Jettybleu wrote:
Thank you I hope so we'll see

Your welcome and don't worry.

Store Set Up - please read this before you ask questions
http://community.ecrater.com/viewforum.php?f=6
Jettybleu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
ecrater_widget_storeid = "300336";
ecrater_widget_shape = "h";
ecrater_widget_size = "l";
ecrater_widget_country = "us";
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s.ecrater.com/js/show_widget.js"></script>
<noscript><a href="http://www.ecrater.com">free online store<a></noscript>
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetty, what have you done to your categories? All 6 of the categories on your home page have a different photo which implies that each category contains a different type of jewelry yet, instead of saying bracelets, necklaces, rings, etc. below those categories, they all say "Jewelry". Also, when I click on each category you have 3 or 4 sub-categories that also say "Jewelry".
Jettybleu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Mistakes lol Reply with quote

Lol I know I'm all over the place but I'm so thankful for all your help thanks guys
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome, people gave you some helpful feedback. I would suggest also putting sizes in description. Medium hoops and one size necklaces don't help the customer. I know all of this can seem overwhelming, but just take one step at a time and you can fix everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: