eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

shipping question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxequationswearableart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: shipping question Reply with quote

First let me say thanks to all you have offered answers to my many questions. This seems to be a nice place and we are working hard to get all done.
As we design/sew and paint all our clothing a project like this is ciutting way into my Studio time so please excuse me if I ask questions, missing that answers have already been posted here as all is so new and is taking time to get used to
We use a flat shipping fee of $6.50 for the first item and $2.50 for each additional one. The costs may change with the upcoming rate increase but the "concept" works with our customers
Does anybody know how we can set up here to do the same?
As we have our own web site ( custom made merchandise) and and Ebay Store ( duplicate of what is here) we really feel strongly that we need to have the same in all venues
Again thanks
gary
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can state it in the description and refund the excess payments or ask them to wait for an invoice and bill it.
OR
you can play with the shipping matrix and use the weight as an item count and put a 1 in for the weight of each item ASSUMING each item would cost the same. If so, you can put $6.50 in for 1, $9 in for 2, etc. That would would as long as you put in 1 for the weight.

TEST it out - but I think that would work.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you're certain that those rates apply to everything in the store then what BigTall describes should work well. You might have to play with it a bit because of the way the weight columns are set up in the Matrix (it'd be easier if they were just 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.).

Try it out and then "order" something from your own shop to see how it goes.
maxequationswearableart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok forgive me if I am dense I am actually bleary eyed from liting over 150 items while catching mistakes needing correcting in Ebay Store as well
If the first item costs a flat rate of $5.00 to ship that would be zone 1
If the second item would be $2.00 that would be zone 2
and if we wanted each additional item to be $1.00 that would be zone 3

This would be for mainland U.S. only ( I dont even want to think of international right now)
Each listing the weight would be 1

I am going to assume this would need to be in each listing so the customer knows what to do when "checking out"
It seems to make sense in my head and that scares me

Gary
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, basically.

So using your example prices, if someone bought 2 items their shipping would be $7.00. If they bought 3 items their shipping would be $8.00.

Just use the smallest weight scale in the Matrix and apply the cost in the weight columns. The only catch is that the columns skip 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15. So you'd have to adjust your "additional" items prices to account for 2 additional items rather than one, if you see what I mean.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: