eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New to ecrater!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PEGGYANN1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: New to ecrater! Reply with quote

Hi I'm new to ecrater! Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

You have some issues you need to deal with.

1. You are charging sales tax to all states. Unless you live in all 50 states or have factories in all 50, this is illegal. You only charge sales tax for residents of the state in which you live and work. Since you just started crocheting I doubt you have expanded that much.

2. No matter what you say in your terms, you are responsible for the package reaching your buyer safely. Looking at your shipping fees I'd guess you are using priority mail. Later this month USPS will be including insurance in priority postage so you have no reason whatsoever for not guaranteeing delivery.

3. Telling a buyer or prospective buyer that you will not assist them if the package goes astray is just poor customer service. It will not win you many customers.
PEGGYANN1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: reply to maggiethehousecat Reply with quote

Issues "I" need to deal with....

1. As I said I'm new to this..I will consult an accountant to get a correct answer on the sales taxes. No I don't live in 50 states and no I haven't expanded. Not trying to screw anyone lady.

2 & 3. Those are the terms and conditions I choose. In that case a lot of sellers on ecrater should not "win" any customers as I read a lot of their T&C to get an idea of how to set mine.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya ditch the sales tax just your state, you don't need an accountant., I don't how the heck you got printing on the side like that.

But one thing beyond the logistics, is I think if you could show some of the things on a real person, and with a good match in the cloths they ware would show the items in a 3d more inviting way.

You have nice pictures, but I think it would show off what you make "in USA" much better rather than a 2d type of photo that you can't really get a size factor.

The descriptions could be a little more elaborate. since you know this stuff maybe include , like, the type of yarns or "this is a nice heavy warm, colorful, sturdy, soft......................like that. Because of a computer screen won't help them actually feel it or tryi it on.

dunno, good luck. takes a while to sell, but a good reputation is worth it.

I think the "lady" is just being factual.
and ya the insurance shipping thing IS ALL on you, so I treat it as just use tracking and don't bother the customer about all that, maybe a little mention but not as a warning kind of wording.

Last edited by A-Better-Way on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
PEGGYANN1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It not what she said its how she said it. And thanks for the helpful tips....I will go in and "edit" my descriptions of my products...like which brand of yarn I used etc...all I wanted was a little "friendly" helpful advice fro experienced ecrater sellers.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she is, we are. everyone has a different way of helping, wording, no biggie. Cool

oh and "I" certainly don't know it all, just my first quick impression of what you sell, and I am like the last person on earth that knows about clothing, other than buying Jeans and T shirts. Very Happy

Last edited by A-Better-Way on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a package gets lost and has no tracking, PP will rule in the buyers favor. I personally won't buy from someone that won't guarantee the package will reach me. Just isn't good business conduct. However I hope you have lot's of sales.

There lots of business out there, even on eCater, that don't follow good business rules. I would recommend looking at the terms and conditions of the sellers that post in the forum regularly. Most have very good business practices and some have feedback in the thousands.
PEGGYANN1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies & a-better-way...thanks! If you guys got other suggestions...I'm all ears.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought of this, it looks like you are using a flat rate box, so you get automatic tracking with that. You might be able to ship some smaller pieces in padded envelope cheaper.
PEGGYANN1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know SammysSupplies...I was wondering about the flat rate envelopes for crochet items...I bet some items will fit. Check I'll order some.
PEGGYANN1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read your T&C...I see you pay for the first item shipping....the rest are free. Any pointers on shipping and handling to make someone happy?
Misty4m

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater.

TaxCloud is a great place to go for a little help with tax.

TaxCloud is a free, easy-to-use sales tax management service for retailers. It handles every aspect of sales tax, from collection to filing
PEGGYANN1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome!!!!!!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently changed my store from jewelry to beads and findings. I had missed changing my terms, thanks to you and I have fixed that. If you use the flat rate boxes or envelopes, you will generally be overcharging the customer. If you found out about how much shipping would be for 1 scarf you could easily manipulate the matrix use the numbers as number of items and put in the price for shipping and handling, including envelopes and such. Say 4.00 (just a guess on my part) I would then put in a weight of 1 for your smallest items. Then for the shawls I would put a bigger weight, say 4, so you can mail 3 or 4 scarves or one shawl for the same amount. So you would need to put bigger shipping charges as weight goes up.

I know this is very confusing. Good luck.
PEGGYANN1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a bit...but after reading your post a few times I'm sure it will make more sense. Thanks!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: