eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Activated my store today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynamicshop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Activated my store today Reply with quote

I primarily got this setup to get local clients to go online as a payment option for products and services. But just in case someone wanted to buy online, do Ecrater get many hits on this store platform. IT is pretty easy to set up and I am enjoying. Hope to gain more online sales in the near future.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater. With the store here, you really need to do you own promoting to bring customers in. You might contact eCrater to see if what you are selling is ok..I just don't know.

But, when things are done, I hope you are successful.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I just wanted to let you know a few things. You said you originally wanted to use ecrater to give your local customers another way to pay. You can't use this site just for accepting payments, your customers will have to place an order or buy something from your ecrater store to be able to make a payment through ecrater. You could allow customers to Pay online by sending them a Paypal invoice instead.

Also, You can sell your own herbs on ecrater like herbal mixes & powders for nutrition or religious purposes and recipes, etc. in your own packages (I sell them too and by the way, I put mine in the same little clear containers with the red lids like you have, guess we both got the same idea lol). Those are ok. You can also sell vitamins and health supplements that are new in package (I sell those too) but, I don't know if ecrater would allow you to sell supplements (capsules, tablets, pills) that do not come in a factory sealed package. You might want to email them and ask about that because I noticed you have some supplements that you also put in those little plastic red lid containers with your own homemade labels.

Are those supplements the homemade kind you make yourself by filling the clear capsules with your own ingredients? If that's the case, I'd also check with ecrater to see what their policy is on selling homemade supplements. Just trying to be helpful because you could be in violation of ecrater's policies by selling them so it's best to check first or you might find yourself suspended.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dynamicshop.ecrater.com/p/4386250/video-ad-for-final-payment

I don't think you can do this on eCRATER. Listings have to be for products or services being purchased, not payment plans.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was going to mention that earlier too but I didn't want my post to be 6 paragraphs long, lol. You can't use ecrater as a payment service. If someone makes a payment through your store it has to be because that person has purchased an item from your store online. You can't sell products locally and then invite your customers to pay online through ecrater, that's what PAYPAL is for. Have your buyers send you a payment through Paypal or send them a Paypal invoice that they can pay. There are other payment services you can sign up for too.

I noticed you haven't responded back to what any of us have said so, in the next few days I hope you read these comments and make some changes before you find yourself suspended. You need to ask ecrater if several of the things you are doing is ok to do, and report back here and let us all know what they said. If not, someone will end up reporting you eventually or a moderator will find out.
dynamicshop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: thanks for the reply Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your reply and I definitely don't want my store suspended. I will review their policies about payment and my herbal products. Until I find out, I will probably remove those items.

Thanks again!

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Welcome! I just wanted to let you know a few things. You said you originally wanted to use ecrater to give your local customers another way to pay. You can't use this site just for accepting payments, your customers will have to place an order or buy something from your ecrater store to be able to make a payment through ecrater. You could allow customers to Pay online by sending them a Paypal invoice instead.

Also, You can sell your own herbs on ecrater like herbal mixes & powders for nutrition or religious purposes and recipes, etc. in your own packages (I sell them too and by the way, I put mine in the same little clear containers with the red lids like you have, guess we both got the same idea lol). Those are ok. You can also sell vitamins and health supplements that are new in package (I sell those too) but, I don't know if ecrater would allow you to sell supplements (capsules, tablets, pills) that do not come in a factory sealed package. You might want to email them and ask about that because I noticed you have some supplements that you also put in those little plastic red lid containers with your own homemade labels.

Are those supplements the homemade kind you make yourself by filling the clear capsules with your own ingredients? If that's the case, I'd also check with ecrater to see what their policy is on selling homemade supplements. Just trying to be helpful because you could be in violation of ecrater's policies by selling them so it's best to check first or you might find yourself suspended.
dynamicshop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: thanks for the reply Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the information. I have been looking for their policies online when I log in, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks again

SammysSupplies wrote:
Welcome to eCrater. With the store here, you really need to do you own promoting to bring customers in. You might contact eCrater to see if what you are selling is ok..I just don't know.

But, when things are done, I hope you are successful.
dynamicshop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, new here and I appreciate all the advice. Trying to find the policies.

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
http://dynamicshop.ecrater.com/p/4386250/video-ad-for-final-payment

I don't think you can do this on eCRATER. Listings have to be for products or services being purchased, not payment plans.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the eCRATER home page, http://www.ecrater.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find a link to the Terms.

One thing to consider would be if the items you are selling are legal for sale in all 50 states. If the answer is no, then they can't be sold on eCRATER because you must be able to ship to all 50 states. After reading the terms, I agree with the other sellers, it would be wise to contact eCRATER if you have a question about selling an item. The link to contact eCRATER is also located on the home page next to the link to the Terms.
dynamicshop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Thanks for the reply Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. The only thing I see in the terms about supplements is the following
Supplements, drugs, and items that the FDA has issued a warning or recall should not be posted. Until I get everything clarified, I have removed those items. I will be only selling the essential oils, powders and bath salts.

Thanks again,
Have a wonderful day

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Go to the eCRATER home page, http://www.ecrater.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find a link to the Terms.

One thing to consider would be if the items you are selling are legal for sale in all 50 states. If the answer is no, then they can't be sold on eCRATER because you must be able to ship to all 50 states. After reading the terms, I agree with the other sellers, it would be wise to contact eCRATER if you have a question about selling an item. The link to contact eCRATER is also located on the home page next to the link to the Terms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: