eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCrater Joins eBay in Restricting the Sale of Coupons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: eCrater Joins eBay in Restricting the Sale of Coupons Reply with quote

By Ina Steiner
EcommerceBytes.com
July 24, 2013

After eBay placed restrictions on the sale of coupons on its marketplace, sellers looked for an alternative. But when online marketplace eCrater found it was flooded with merchants selling coupons due to the new eBay restrictions, it too, decided to place restrictions on the sale of coupons - and is banning them altogether.

eBay spokesperson Ryan Moore told EcommerceBytes that its new policy "reflects our commitment to keeping eBay a safe and trusted marketplace and our support for manufacturers and retailers' efforts to ensure consumer compliance with coupon redemption rules." As Newsflash reported last week, the updated policy allows users to sell up to $100 or 25 valid, unexpired original coupons per month and prohibits the sale of coupons for free items.

eCrater's Dimitar Slavov said there had been some issues in the past with expired/invalid coupons, although nothing too major. But it looked further and found that coupons are not allowed according to Google's merchant center policies.

After further investigation, it found that according to the FTC, "selling or transferring coupons to a third party violates most manufacturers' coupon redemption policies, and usually voids the coupon."

"Because of the above findings we decide to include the coupons in our not allowed list," Slavov said.

The Coupon Information Center, which vigorously fights coupon fraud and counterfeits, said it viewed such restrictions as a positive step going forward. Bud Miller, Executive Director, said he was "optimistic that it will reduce the chance that well meaning consumers will be victimized by a small number of criminals engaged in the illegal sale of counterfeit and stolen coupons. Ultimately, this should help enhance the integrity of couponing for the benefit of all consumers."

You can find the eCrater announcement about its new coupon policy on the eCrater announcement page.

Article copied from: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m07/i24/s02

-----------------------------
Jeffery's Junction Vintage Collectibles
www.jefferysjunction.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out about this a few days ago when ecrater announced it. I was bummed. Had to remove all my coupons which sucked because the coupons I list are for baby & pregnancy items, and I get sales for those items all the time!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"""But it looked further and found that coupons are not allowed according to Google's merchant center policies."""

yadda yadda yadda, will google allow itself to allow itself. ?

They are getting way to big now.

I would not be a fan of buying coupons online anyway, but what is next ? !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: