eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello from Michigan! Recently launched eCrater store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodrock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Hello from Michigan! Recently launched eCrater store Reply with quote

Hello I am from Hillsdale, MI recently I ran into eCrater looking for an alternative place to sell. Let me start by saying I LOVE eCrater's price in addition to great opportunity! However my store has been up now for a little over a month and I have promoted the snot out of my electronics web store with things like blogs, Craigslist, search engines, online advertising social networking, etc. However I have not received any sales at this point. I am looking for advise form some one with more luck.

How long does it take to get sales and from a more experienced view does my page look like it could grab traffic from the web ?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more items you have, the bigger the chance of someone finding you. You only have 5 item listed, that is a very minute amount. Just keep listing and spreading the word about your store, and it will happen. You are targeting a very special sector of buyers...many of us have a wide range of items, which also helps to be found by buyers.

Good luck!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems slow all over the place and depends on what is selling, more or less. Even at ebay with their 190 million users Rolling Eyes that hot wheels car I put up for sale (here and there) has a whopping 21 views at ebay.and like 4 of them was me. I have no answer for you, and since I am in Michigan you better believe me, by (Grand Rapids) lol.

good luck, just keep trying is about all I can do myself or recommend.

Like Sammy says, aim for a certain goal, 25, 50, 100 +++++ items. to 1000 to 3000.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think about the amount of technology available on the internet, 5 items are not going to be noticed by search engines.

If you are selling the only xyz gizmo in the world, well then you will be able to sell it with no other listings, although chances are half the time Google will miss it as they search the haystack for one little needle. But if you are selling a gizmo that a million other people are selling and chances your one item will not show up.

That said, sales have been slow on the web all summer all sites.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a couple of weeks to get going on the search engines that eCrater sends your items to. Also, you need to remove any mention of shipping from the main descriptions. Google does not like that at all, and may not pick up your listing with shipping info in the description. Other search engines may feel the same way.

The shipping info belongs in your Terms or FAQs or both, not the descriptions.

And as others have said, the more items you have in your store, the more exposure you get.

Best wishes.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone else keeps saying, 5 items are not a whole lot. You need at least 100 at the very minimum to really start getting noticed and it does take a while for the search engines to find you the first time. Also, with the type of items you currently have for sale, I wouldn't count on them showing up in google shopping. When it comes to name brand electronics like Apple, google prefers to only show those items from the actual manufacturers and the big corporate stores that are allowed to sell those brands. Some of those items may not even show up in the regular google search either so you'll need something besides just electronics to get noticed.

I have apple and other name brand electronics for sale too and I created attributes for those items but they never have showed up in google shopping. When I search them for those products I only see the ones available from the Apple store, Best Buy, etc. Something else I noticed is that your Apple prices are very low. Not telling you how to run your store but I will say that mostly the only other sellers who are offering brand new Apple earphones for just $4 a pair are the Chinese sellers that sell mostly fake knock-offs. Those earphones go for $20 in the Apple store and Best Buy and the charge cord that you have for $3, those go as high as $40 so your prices are so low that they no longer look like just a good deal, they look iffy as if something may be wrong with those items or they are fakes. Not accusing you of anything either but, that's just what many buyers would think.

My aunt used to have a pair of the same Apple earphones listed for around $4.95 a while back. She had priced them that low because she said that a few other sellers were pricing that low too (she didn't notice that they were Chinese sellers with horrible feedback) and they never sold until after she gave them to me because I raised the price to $10.95 and both pairs I had, they sold within 2 weeks because I raised the price.
goodrock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: more items posted Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies! Very helpful Thank You! I am working to put more items into the store. I have put about 3 more items on the store and will continue to place more. I have included shipping in the descriptions, I did not realize that search engines frown upon shipping details included in the descriptions. Again thanks for the input!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not want Cash on Delivery, it doesn't mean pay you when they show up. It is a very expensive usps option. If the person decides not to expect it, you get charged shipping both ways.
goodrock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: other potential harmful details Reply with quote

does google and other search engines disapprove of return and payment methods being included within the product descriptions as they don't like shipping details included?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: other potential harmful details Reply with quote

goodrock wrote:
does google and other search engines disapprove of return and payment methods being included within the product descriptions as they don't like shipping details included?

Yes. Anything other than the item description is considered boilerplate and is frowned on. You will get better search placement if you put info like shipping, returns, etc on your terms page.
goodrock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: items popping up in google Reply with quote

thanks thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat I have done my best to locate any boilerplate text and reduce it. I do have some items popping up in google search engine and others without including the actual url in the search. not sure if thats a good sign or not. will continue to add more content and see what happens.
goodrock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: added laserdiscs Reply with quote

today we have added laser discs those are slightly more rare and should perhaps be found by search engines. we have many many more to put up.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME!

Feel free to post a topic in the Promote Your Store section of this forum. there you can talk about what you have in yoru store etc.
Here in the introduce yourself topic .. that's for .. introducing yourself Wink
goodrock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: thanks for the clarification Reply with quote

thanks for the clarification! Won't happen again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: