eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Another try here on ecrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allgoodcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Another try here on ecrater Reply with quote

Hello all. This is my 3rd attempt at an ecrater store. The previous 2 started off fairly well, but petered out. This time I am attempting to ignite an old passion.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome back. However you have a problem. It is against eCrater rules to sell the same item in different size groups. You can list one card and people buy multiples of that card there. No 10 or 25 packs. You might be able to work something out on the matrix so with every increase the price goes down.

Good luck
allgoodcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you be able to do that? I have seen a bunch of listings on ecrter that do not even list the cards available. They tell people to send their list and they can purchase in lots.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/5559323/1997-pinnacle-baseball-commons-finish-your?keywords=commons

http://www.ecrater.com/p/5307417/2000-bowman-chrome-baseball-commons-complete?keywords=commons

Would it be possible to just leave the 25 card lot listing, and just mention the individual price in the listing? Because I really do not nderstand why the way I have listed these cards would be a problem. Maybe I should just scrap ecrater again altogether.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allgoodcards wrote:
Maybe I should just scrap ecrater again altogether.

Well, by that statement I can tell that you give up too easily so I'd also say another reason why your stores never did good the first time, is because you probably didn't keep them open long enough to build up SEO and get your products in the search engines. It can take 3 or 4 months just to get somewhat established online so that buyers can easily find your store. You can't give up after only a few weeks or months. It's just like starting a boy pop rock band. It can take a long time to start getting customers so this time, wait a little longer before you give up.
allgoodcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you got all of that from one statement?? Amazing!!! I have been an online seller for almost years now. My very first online venture was baseball cards back on Prodigy message boards in 1994. My last venture prior to this one is still doing quite well http://www.allgoodcoins.com My reason for the statement was that if ecrater makes it too difficult to sell what I want to sell, then maybe I should not proceed and invest a bunch of time into it.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allgoodcards wrote:
if ecrater makes it too difficult to sell what I want to sell, then maybe I should not proceed and invest a bunch of time into it.

I realize that some of the restrictions here do make it difficult for some sellers to offer the products they have but, it just depends on what you are selling. If you have 50 packs of candy, you can't create multiple listings for that candy and offer it in lots of 1 pack, 5 packs, 10 packs etc. It would be nice if we could but, they want to us to create just one listing with a qty. of 50 and let customers use that one listing to buy as many packs as they want.

And you can't create just one listing that gives the buyers multiple options to choose from like a black shirt offered in size S, M, L, etc. You have to create a separate listing for each size but, other than those 2 restrictions the rules here are not bad and as long as you don't list anything that violates policy like cigarettes, guns, body parts (common sense) you won't have to worry too much about the limitations.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just trying to give you a heads up. It might be helpful to go back and reread the rules. There have been some changes. Keep it however you want it, but to don't be surprised if you find out one day that you are suspended. I would guess that the ones you mentioned will be suspended soon.
allgoodcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammysupplies, I deleted the listings for singles and 10 card lots. I just left the 25 card lots listed. That is just one listing with those cards.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome allgoodcards.

SammysSupplies as far I understand the word "lot" is use to refer that he is selling a group of cards. Unless he is offering 10 or 25 of "1978 Topps #90 Larry Bowa NM/MT". It can't be consider the same item. Now for eCrater, you can't sell the same list of "1981 Topps 25 Card Lot NM/MT" in lots of 10, 25, 50 or whatever.

Quote:
Well, by that statement I can tell that you give up too easily so I'd also say another reason why your stores never did good the first time, is because you probably didn't keep them open long enough to build up SEO and get your products in the search engines. It can take 3 or 4 months just to get somewhat established online so that buyers can easily find your store. You can't give up after only a few weeks or months. It's just like starting a boy pop rock band. It can take a long time to start getting customers so this time, wait a little longer before you give up.

Agree. Buyers in sites like eCrater come from Organic searches and personal promotion.

allgoodcards, my recommendation for the "lots" is maybe change the title and use a photo of a bunch of cards that are in the lot to choose. Also I know it takes time, but begin to add the name of each card (if available). For example in the description I add the name of the card not just the number for single cards, lots, and chase card sets. So I can have better SEO.

http://elpereles.ecrater.com/p/18128919/dc-bloodlines-skybox-1993-single-cards

http://elpereles.ecrater.com/p/18601455/wolverine-from-then-till-now-2-comic

http://elpereles.ecrater.com/p/18001732/marvel-metal-fleer-1995-blaster-card
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking for example "1978 Topps 25 Card Lot EX/NM". In eBay isn't possible to have Buy it Now items for less than $1. So I use the the "2 x $X". I can work for your lots.

Suggested tittle: 1978 Topps Cards [25 x $2.50] EX/NM

Suggested description:

Here is a list of the Commons and Minor Stars I have available for the 1978 Topps set which you can purchase in lots of 25. Just pick which 25 cards you want. All cards are in Excellent or/to Near Mint (EX/NM) condition.

2 John Smith
9 Michael J
13 Jose Canseco
allgoodcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input. I can tell you, i will NOT be listing the names of the commons. That is too much effort for .04 to .08. Besides these are common, most folks do not know their names anyway. I have listed the stars by name in my listings.
allgoodcards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still adding more cards. I wish there was an easier way. I have done the bulk lister thing in the past, but found entering the url of the images made it just as difficult as adding items individually. Does anyone have a suggestion for the quickest way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: