eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Emails when a customer places order
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaysfinds

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Emails when a customer places order Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I have been around these boards for a bit, and there are a lot of you experienced sellers on here. I am very new to e-Crater, and while I have been selling online for some time being the new kid in town I am feeling quite lost. I am confused about whether or not e-Crater sends notification via email of an order that has been placed. I see yes, and then I saw no, and just now I think I am reading yes again... So I turn to you for the definitive and correct answer. Thank you all in advance,
Gabrielle
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Emails when a customer places order Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER Gabrielle and thank you for checking the boards for answers to your questions. I can appreciate the conflict you would have seen for answers to your question. The answer is Yes, most of the time, and No, under some circumstances. Laughing

When a customer places an order, eCRATER sends an email to the customer AND the seller. The email will show the payment method the customer plans to use. The email ONLY means an order was placed, not a paid order. You need to check your PayPal account to confirm payment and create your own store system for dealing with paper payments if you accept them. The email will be sent to the email address you have listed on your admin page under "Account: Edit Account Info". (NOTE: You can change this email address, but the email address eCRATER will use to contact you as the store owner will be the address you used when you opened the store and it can only be changed by direct contact with eCRATER.) The email will be from "noreply@ecrater.com" and the subject will say "eCRATER Order #xxxxxxxxxxx". Some email programs automatically place these emails in the spam folder, so make sure your email program accepts emails from this address.

There are two exceptions to the above statement. If you had been here long enough to have established an account with Google Checkout AND you are still accepting GC payments, then you would not receive a notice from eCRATER for the orders paid via GC. Your notice would come from GC for those orders. The second exception would be in those rare exceptions where there is a system glitch with the communication between eCrater and PayPal or a glitch in the eCRATER system. Again I stress, this is a rare occurrence, but it can happen. I know many sellers have a work schedule that includes checking their PayPal account on a regular basis "just in case".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Just yesterday I got an order that had the green check mark in my orders but all I had was the noreply email that said I had an order. I checked in PP saw that it was paid for and went ahead and packaged it up. By the time I was done the notification of payment was finally in my mailbox.

The best thing to do, depending on how many sales you get is check on your admin page for orders twice a day - morning and evening. If any are showing, check both GCO (at least currently) and PP to see if the money was deposited. If so, go ahead and process your sale. I always check the payment venue since I want to know how much the fee was so I can track it in my income and expense worksheets. I don't trust a formula since some weird things at time can throw the amount off and I want an accurate listing of fees paid.

I'm always surprised that some sellers will go days without checking or find out months later that they had a sale they never knew about. If you want to see your business grow tend it and keep an eye out for it.
jaysfinds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it... Thank you both so much for the great information and advise. I will definitely add e-CRATER to my address book, since my filters almost always sends anything and everything it doesn't recognize directly to spam, no questions asked. And yes, I am with you Moon, I would have to agree that checking the admin page twice a day is a good practice. My store is still very much under construction, and oh my goodness, it has been tedious. I have definitely been sleep deprived these last 2-3 weeks, but I am hoping it will pay off in the end. One, last questions if I may, what do you both do for advertising? What have you found most/not effective etc... anything you can throw my way is greatly appreciated.
Happy sales to all of us Very Happy
-Gabrielle
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
The best thing to do, depending on how many sales you get is check on your admin page for orders twice a day - morning and evening.

That's what I do because sometimes I'll get an order but I never received an order notification email about it. So, it's best to check your admin every day to make sure. Also, when you get an order but it doesn't have a green checkmark next to it and it looks like it hasn't been paid for, you need to go check your PP and GCO accounts because it actually could have been paid for but the system is just not showing it as paid.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what do you both do for advertising? What have you found most/not effective etc... anything you can throw my way is greatly appreciated

Well I have attempted to do the attributes as required although lately I keep getting 3-4 that are supposedly wrong after being right for years so I have no clue. I sell in a specific niche, so as I have time I join sewing forums and digests, I'm heavily into Pinterest and also do Facebook and Twitter. One of the things that I think helps is how I actually write my titles and descriptions. I saw many years ago a pattern seller with titles that said 'gorgeous evening gown' and then you would have to search the description before you realized that she was selling a sewing pattern and if you were lucky she would mention the size and if it was cut or uncut. I also do things like write letters to the editor of sewing magazines and while I haven't yet had any of them include my url when they publish the letter, I have had customers question me as to whether or not it was me. In other words I'm trying my best to be the name that people think of when it comes to sewing and patterns. Very Happy I also read a lot of different types of needlecraft books and magazines as well so it is easy for me to answer questions. Made a sale yesterday because I know and understand patterns well enough that I could not only find the pattern type that she was looking for, I could assure her that it would be easy to make. How many book sellers that have picked up some sewing patterns and try to sell them could have done that?

If you sell in a niche of some sort, you need to become somewhat of an expert in that niche whether a hobby or some electronic goods that you can make a good profit from. I'm waiting to someday see a listing for a tablet that truly speaks my language so that I know what I can do with it instead of just seeing all the letter codes for this and that which I have no clue what they mean. I have no clue how some people know all that stuff, but surely someone does, so when I see listings that barely give any info and expects the buyer to know everything about the product already, I will pass them on by.

While I am signed up for Google adwords PLA, I never have to pay since my bid is so much lower than others. I just can't justify paying 25% of the cost of the pattern to sell it! Nor do I pay anywhere for promotions.
jaysfinds

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually pretty active on Pinterest, but wasn't sure if that was doing anything. Glad to hear it is. I got my first order here today... I think.. I say I think because when I go to Paypal it doesn't show paid, but according to the email I received it is... So, I will wait until morning and see, maybe there is something pay-pal has to yet do, I didn't get the email from them I got it from e-CRATER... I also can't see or justify spending that much of the cost of anything to sell it... 25% is a lot.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaysfinds wrote:
... I got my first order here today... I think.. I say I think because when I go to Paypal it doesn't show paid, but according to the email I received it is... So, I will wait until morning and see, maybe there is something pay-pal has to yet do, I didn't get the email from them I got it from e-CRATER...
Jay, you need to go back and read the posting I made above. The email from eCRATER NEVER tells you an order was paid, it only tells you the method of payment the buyer plans to use.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found, as have many others, that waiting a few hours or a day to see if the buyer will pay and if not, send them an email asking if you can help with getting the payment through. Sometimes buyers run into glitches. Other times they have changed their minds once they see the total. I have found about 20% maybe will pay, another 20% might tell you to cancel the order and the rest never respond back. I've found I get better results sending an email within 3-4 hours of the 'order' before they forget about it.
Whatever you do, make the email you send them sound professional and courteous and even if they don't buy now, invite them to shop with you again.

This is just general advice, not aimed at you but newer sellers in particular that don't understand this. There is no blocked buyer program here. There is no reason to get angry with a non-paying buyer. Since the item doesn't go out of stock until paid for you don't even have to relist it, no fees to get reimbursed, etc. Many sellers that are escapees from ebay get mad and want to do something. The best thing you can do is be polite, offer to help even if that means sending a direct PP invoice, and always invite them back. Blocking buyers is no way to deal with customers. Have you ever come into a store looked around, picked something up and carried it around then changed your mind and left without buying anything? Does that mean you would want the store to not let you in the next time your pockets are full of money?
jaysfinds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really good advise, I was actually trying to find if there were any rules against doing that very thing. Sending them a friendly email I mean. So, I am very glad you had already thought of that, and posted it. Perfect and thank you!! I'll give it until tonight and send it, that will have given him an entire day. Very Happy
jaysfinds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh, and I just read again, where you say you have better results 3-4 hrs after the order... well then, in that case, nothing against sending it now. So let's do this. Very Happy
jaysfinds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, you are a genius... I have just completed my first order on
e-CRATER. Thank you! He did have problems making the payment, and thought it had been completed.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaysfinds wrote:
I have just completed my first order on
e-CRATER.

how sweet that first sale is..congratulations!
jaysfinds

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you... very sweet in deed... many more to all of us...
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it all worked out. I had one of those this morning, sent them an email and am just waiting more or less to see if they come through Very Happy Too late for today's mail at this point though.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: