eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just saying Hello!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimmiekyber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Just saying Hello! Reply with quote

I am new to Ecrater and still trying to figure out the ins and outs of how to be successful here. Please check me out. Any feedback is welcome Very Happy

http://kimmiekyber.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are of to a great start. Don't forget to fill out your FAQ's page, and there is a small fee if you sell out of the marketplace.
kimmiekyber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fee? I must've missed that! Thanks for your input.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fee recently started, it is 2.9% and only for marketplace sales. You aren't charged if the buy directly from your store. Here is the link: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33039 For me, that is ok because they are upgrading eCrater and that should bring more buyers.

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kimmekyber.

I have two suggestions:

1. your photos are way too dark. You need to work on that before you add any more items. Even supersized they are too dark to show details.

2. Add measurements, sizes, etc to your listings. I looked at several of your listings and didn't see any.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
kimmiekyber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone! I don't know why my photos look dark to you because on my computer they are very bright and easily visible.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I noticed you have a butterfly knife for sale. Have you looked up the laws on those? In some states those are illegal to possess, not just to have on you in person but you can't have them in your home either so, you can't ship to the states that don't allow them. Have you checked to see which states won't allow them because if you ship to one of those states the post office will seize the knife and the customer will never get it and they may not return it to you either.
kimmiekyber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not an actual butterfly knife. There is no blade. It is unsharpened. It's a trainer for flipping purposes only. I have sold and shipped many of these and have not had a problem with any of them thus far. I understqand that their are laws in other states prohibiting these and I feel the buyer should also know the laws of their own state and therefore should not purchase it if it's illegal.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok, I didn't even know they made training knives. I have 5 butterfly knives. I collect them and I love flipping them around when I'm board.
kimmiekyber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband loves to flip them. I'm actually listing it for him. Me personally, am afraid of them. Not so much the trainer knives but keep the sharp ones away. I like all of my fingers.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

this one looks dark ... looks like you didn't turn on any lights in the house and the stuff in the background make it hard to see

kimmiekyber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ok, the lights were on, but was too bright and washed out the light colored one and so did the flash. I did my best with it sorry
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natural sunlight! Take your photos on a table sitting next to a window and make sure the curtains or blinds are open. Experiment around with positions and angles to see which way best captures the photo without the sun glare. If the glare is too bad no matter which way your items are turned or positioned, try closing your blinds up slightly to force the sun rays to point upward and not directly onto your items.

Try it, and if it still doesn't work then I'd say you just have a crappy camera. That's the technique I use, I NEVER use artificial lighting (flash, lamps, overhead lights), and take a look at my photos in this category:
http://tigercreekgifts.ecrater.com/c/1108255/cosmetics-beauty

All of those items were photographed with natural sun light. See how clear the images are? I add in the white background afterwards but, do you see how crisp the colors turned out in each item?
kimmiekyber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I work during the day, by the time I get to sit down there is no natural sunlight left, unfortunately. I use my iphone for my camera and normally it takes pretty nice photos. It's the lighting in my house that's probably crappy. I like the idea of adding a white background though. Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: