eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Where are all the buyers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoddessCosmetics

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Where are all the buyers? Reply with quote

Hi...I haven't sold anything in ages. Has anyone else's sales hit rock bottom?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you promoting your store and items?
GoddessCosmetics

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, my sales aren't dead.

I don't know how you can effectively promote your store since it is a jumble of different type of products. You are listed as a cosmetic store yet you sell camera stuff, clothing, household stuff, and even used eyeglass frames! This is a store that would be hard to market because what you sell would appeal to many different people. You are allowed to have more than one store here and that might actually work better for you to keep the cosmetic store separate.

You could use some better photos as most of them are all yellowed and with only one shot of the items hard to see everything that you might want to see. Details disappear in them.

One of the things to do when there are no sales happening is tweak your listings, titles, photos, etc. Promote in as many places as possible. And remember that selling on line is neither fast or easy unlike what some would have us believe!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the photos thing. Many of your photos have yellow tinted backgrounds which makes it hard to see the details of the items. It may be the color of your countertop causing the yellowish tint or it may just be the lighting. Do you take your photos after dark using an overhead light or a lamp with a lightbulb? That can be problematic. Try taking some photos during the day using natural sunlight next to a window, or try using a photo editing software to brighten them up. There are many free ones online. If your countertop color is naturally yellow, tan, beige, off white, or cream, or even a light wood color, it will almost always turn your photo backgrounds yellow so, try laying down a solid colored sheet, pillow case, or table cloth to take your photos on.

If you are going to sell more than just cosmetics, you need to advertise your store as a thrift store or gift shop instead depending on whether you have mostly new items or used items for sale. I operate a store with a little bit of everything which can be a little harder to market since I have something for everyone but, people know when they come to my store to expect a little bit of everything. If you are calling your store a cosmetics store, people expect to see nothing but cosmetics and maybe a little bit of jewelry mixed in.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have facebook, blog, squidoo, pinterest, write/participate in niche sites/forums?

Agree with MoonwishesStore. A multi store needs different approach.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should either change your store name or divide your store. And definitely take new pictures.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the changes on the Ecrater site
My sales have increased

Have you been adding new products?
Updated any product listings?
Update your home page?

Any changes will bring the search engines back to your store

You might check and see if you need to resubmit your store to the search engines.
madpricelectronics

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Where are the sales Reply with quote

We were doing on our other ecrater site about 8-10 sales a week sometimes more all from the marketplace as of the first of May everything just stopped and the hits have been going down. We are constantly adding new things so I don't think that's the problem, I am baffled completely.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hits are nothing. Use Google Analytics to have a better view of "real" traffic.
madpricelectronics

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Google Analytics Reply with quote

We use Google Analytics to track the site and since May 1st the "visits" have dropped from 80 a day down to less than 20 and sales have drifted off from about 10 a week to none.

A word about Google Analytics I don't think they are very accurate and consistently understate the number of visits which would be to their benefit.

It seems to me that since ecrater announced that they where making changes in the site an starting to charge that everything started to fall apart.
Just a guess but I think a good one.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the total logistics of google trying to change everything, then piles of web sites have to change.

From a search engine to forcing paid adds, then Ecrater and all the rest have to keep up with more rules, so people really can't rely on the search at google if it only shows those who pay for adds.

But adding that all up, everything is going to take a lot of time for the whole internet to adjust to an add sales place instead of a search engine place.

is what I think
madpricelectronics

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Traffice is down Reply with quote

You are 100% correct I believe also that google in making it very difficult let's hope ecrater can find a way to overcome this.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems to me that since ecrater announced that they where making changes in the site an starting to charge that everything started to fall apart.

For now I don't believe it just an eCrater problem. They aren't blocking crawlers or manipulating what the crawlers can see in the page. It is more something related to Google.

madpricelectronics, Analytics isn't perfect. But check and compare month to month. Please don't get surprise if the lost of traffic is from search engines. Wink
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least in the vintage side of sales, sales are down no matter who is doing what as far as promoting. I've had very few sales this month and most have been international, however that is more than the vintage sellers I communicate with are having.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: