eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Updated eCrator soon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
internetsaleoutlet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: What Date? Reply with quote

What is the date these new templates will be up and running?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still haven't heard back from anyone yet so keep checking back. Ecrater never gets in a big hurry to make new changes to the site so, patience is KEY when selling here.
elisia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Fees Reply with quote

This may have been covered elsewhere....I would like to know what creates a marketplace sale vs other sales? Mainly because of the fee involved with marketplace sales. Not a huge issue, but many of us are inquiring.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was all spelled out when the marketplace fees were beginning back half a year ago. If a customer comes to ecrater itself and happens upon one of your listings and buys it, then it is a marketplace sale and you can be charged a fee (that you don't have to pay but if you don't you won't get fed to google shopping if I remember it write, I'd rather pay the fee). If someone sees one of your store links and clicks on it and comes directly to your store, buys something, there is no fee. I think purchases made through Google Shopping also get the marketplace fee tacked on them. There are many other ways to get orders of your own such as yahoo, google, bing, facebook, pinterest, direct store sales. You will be able to see where all your sales have come from on your order page. the more you do your own self promotion the more of a chance you won't be paying many marketplace fees. Over the years, I've read a lot of different sellers stating that they don't do any promotion, well then they are probably going to be paying a higher proportion of marketplace fees than those of us that keep busy doing self promotion. I get most thrilled about getting order via Pinterest as I work really hard with promoting there. Had one of those just 2 days ago.
elisia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the beginning of the fee stage, it seemed most were of anything but marketplace. Now, all are marketplace. In a way, that is good...it means people are discovering ecrater. Promote? I promote all day long, using every way I know including ecrater's promote tab.

I see most people are very pleased with Stripe. I've signed up but have yet to have a sale through them. That is interesting, as well.
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: ..Marketplace. Reply with quote

I've now had one direct sale.. the rest have been Marketplace but I don't mind.. the fee is 1/3 of what You Know Who charges.

I tweet every time I list a new item. Takes just a second and I can give each tweet my own unique flair & generate some excitement for the item!

I'm overall really pleased about how I've done in a short period of time.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading back through old threads it was a good while back when ecrater said they were gonna introduce new shop designs. Wonder why all this time has passed & they still haven't released the new designs?
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Wonder why all this time has passed & they still haven't released the new designs?

You took the words right out of my mouth.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just anxious to see what they'll look like but, after going through several color options I finally managed to find a Tiger Creek home page theme that fits just right. The theme my cousin had was cute but the colors were too feminine. I had to try to balance colors that'd be appealing to both genders. Even though 97% of my items are targeted towards females, men still shop for video games & gifts for their wives and some men have so much manly pride they won't shop from a website with lots of purples & pastel colors even at home in privacy! Laughing
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: