eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Weight Base Calculation Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazodeeBazaar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Weight Base Calculation Error Reply with quote

I've looked for an answer to this issue but could not find info.

I just made my first sale. A buyer in Australia bought a beer mug that cost 19.99. The shipping from the US to Australia was calculated at $7AU for a Weight Based shipping of 4.5.

I checked the matrix and I have 35 for a weight of 4. I have AU dollar enabled.

How can this happen? Now I have to contact this customer and tell them I cannot ship and will return their money. If I can't find out what's going on here I will have to shut this store down.

If anyone has any suggestions or can point out what caused this I would greatly appreciate it. I have many, many hours invested in my eCrater store and would like to keep it.

ADDED: Ok, I think this was paid by someone in Australia but the package is being shipped to Minnesota. The shipping is still incorrect. My matrix reflects 13.40 US for 4. The buyer got charged $7 AU which is about $6.50.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store is using USPS calculated shipping. Your matrix would be used as a backup if eCRATER is unable to retrieve the shipping amount from the USPS site. To check what your customer sees, click preview from your admin and look at one of your items. Look at the shipping and you will see it says USPS calculated. Click on the link and select Australia and you'll see what will be presented to the customer as shipping options. You can do the same for a US zip code.

Personally, I think you are giving your customer's too many options. They are going to select the cheapest and you are going to have a hard time send a glass serving dish in a padded envelope or small flat rate box. Customer look at the price, not the reality of shipping.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to understand your post, however I don't understand what value is the 4 or 4.5 you are talking about. Is that pounds, ounces, ???

Undoubtedly, your customer is in the US and found your item via a search that lead him to your UK store instead of your US one. Happens fairly often and no harm done as long as your shipping is set up correctly. For some odd reason, some sellers think they have to cancel the sale and make the buyer redo the sale in US funds which is nonsense.

Quote:
The shipping from the US to Australia was calculated at $7AU for a Weight Based shipping of 4.5.

I checked the matrix and I have 35 for a weight of 4. I have AU dollar enabled.

In the above instances, is $7AU what you collected for shipping? Did your package weigh 4.5# or 4.5 ounces, or what? What do you mean when you say 35 (what) for a weight of 4 (what). That might help us understand what prices you are getting.

I did go to your site to try to figure what you are charging for shipping for various items. The international amounts that I came up with didn't make any sense that I could figure out when comparing possible shipping prices on my endicia shipping program. Even the US were hard to understand as some came out with $6 charge for Priority mail which is just barely a pound but basically only good for things that will fit in an envelope. Anything like a mug that might have to fit in a box and depending on the box's size and total weight isn't necessarily going to be able to ship for $6 via Priority Mail.

Be glad to help you figure this out if I can understand where you are coming from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: