eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Something new on Admin page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elisia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Something new on Admin page Reply with quote

Each item now has a box to the left of the listing (under hits). When you click on it, there is a checkmark.

What is the purpose of this addition?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jonunsthisandthat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any boxes under "hits" on my administrative page.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because your Google Variants option is enable (Options -> Enable Google Variants). I copied and pasted a copy of eCrater's explanation from the ? box below:

"If you sell products that differ only on sizes, colors, materials or patterns then Google requires you to flag these as variants. Enabling this option will cause checkboxes to appear in front of your listings in the product menu. You can select up to 40 products and link these as Google Variants. eCRATER will use this information and will submit it when creating your store feed to Google."
elisia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. So, if I have 4 different listings for same jacket, just 4 different sizes, I would link them this way.

Would be great to view that on Google.

So, what if I had several items that were identical, just a difference in the size, for instance. How would Google know to combine but keep separate. I would have those checked, as well.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we ever received a definate answer whether this applies to all variants or just clothing? Toy manufacturers are well known for producing variant color repaints/resculpts for collectors lines, with many sharing the same upc code and mpn. I know I see them all being grouped together frequently at shopping (when I bother to look anyway--that place gets you crazy real fast).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: