eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Brand new store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarleysTutuCuteBowtique

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Brand new store Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I just opened up my first online shop here on ecrater. If you wouldn't mind, please visit my shop. I am open to suggestions. I am still adding products. Thank you so much! http://carleystutucutebowtique.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bows are wonderful. Oh how I wish I had little girls to buy for.

I have a couple of suggestions.
In your descriptions you include an item number. Also put it in your title at the end. It will help you find things quickly if you can use it as a search term should people write and ask you about an item.

Some of your titles do not say bow etc. Also specify in your titles that they are hair bows for little girls. People also buy bows for gift wrap (which you might suggest people attach them to the outside of a package as an extra little gift).

I would elaborate in the descriptions what age child these are meant for. For instance will they hold on baby fine hair, too delicate for an 8 year old, etc.

You want to remove the COD option as this is costly for buyer and you if the buyer rejects the package on its arrival.

About your photos. They are beautiful but add a photo showing the underside so people can see the barrette attached.

Have you ever made these on large barrettes or combs for grown ups. I think there would be a market for the themed ones for parties.
CarleysTutuCuteBowtique

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: New Store Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the advice! I have tried to remove the COD several times, but each time I remove it, click update, and go back to check it, it comes right back up lol.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a glitch. Use the contact form on the eCRATER home page and ask eCRATER admin what to do.

However, before you do that, uncheck COD again, click update, then sign out of your store immediately, even shut off your computer and then sign in again.
CarleysTutuCuteBowtique

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much. you have been super helpful Very Happy
RNLHomeDecor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Creative Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to Ecrater. I am fairly new here as well. I love your hair bows and you have a very creative store name. I am excited to see your tutu's and I will keep your site bookmarked and check back often Smile
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater! You have some cute bows but the market right now for handmade hair bows and tutus is highly competitive because so many people are making those so, it may take a while to get your first sale or you could get lucky and get one right away. The store name is unique meaning that no one else has that exact same name overall but, it does sound like other stores I've heard of. On ecrater, there is a Tutu Cute Boutique.

Nothing wrong with the name you picked at all, it's cute, just saying that there are a lot of other stores with very similar names so if you want to stand out you're going to have to get creative especially with your prices. Most other sellers are offering their bows for $3.50 to $5.00 at most so, since you're like me and you recognize that your bows are more valuable than that, be as creative as you can with them. People are willing to pay higher amounts for bows if creativity, quality, and great customer service is high. I don't know how your customer service is but the creativity and quality are definitely there.

I make bows, headbands, etc. in my other ecrater shop. Most of my bows are not very elaborate, I don't do a lot of layering with them but I do with my headbands and I charge $12.00 per headband. People do buy them but you have to wait for those who appreciate the value of handcrafted items.
CarleysTutuCuteBowtique

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Tiger. Yes I saw that other shop after I started mine. I have a horrible time thinking of names lol. The reason I started the hair bows, tutus and such is because of the very tiny town we live in. I haven't heard of one person selling anything like that-and I have sold many items locally. So...I am hoping to drive some traffic and good reviews through that route. Thank you all for your welcome, kind words, and advice. I appreciate it very much!!
hilltopshoppe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh what sweet hair bows! Makes me a bit sad that my "little girls" are all grown up now Sad

Hope your first sale will happen soon. Welcome to ecrater!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: