eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Safe to say, to use inventory control now?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Safe to say, to use inventory control now? Reply with quote

Now that GCO is out, won't that alleviate the old problem of as being sold. ?

Or will it still mess up if they went through checkout but never paid. ?
Not sure if inventory turns an item off only if not paid, or if it was a bogus order.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inventory Control decrements the available item count, but only if the buyer makes instant payment.

If the count goes to zero, the item is place on hold.

AFAIK, this has always worked correctly (barring any stupid glitches at the payment services).
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well I avoided using it I think it was because of the thing with GCO you would get caught in some snag. Because I opted to not have GCO automatically bill the customer, I had to go in and charge the order because of some synchronization problem between auto charging and ecrater inventory control.

I forgot what the problem was, or the problem that was introduced if you used auto charge.

But since paypal just takes the money without me doing anything, I am trying to remember why I never used inventory control but it was because of GCO.

So I think now we won't run into that problem, what ever it was.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always had GCO auto-charge and never had a problem and I had over 1600 orders through there. I always use the inventory control. Better to be safe than sorry. I also always double check my inventory when I'm done packing things up.

Not sure what type of problem you may have had, but even with PP you need inventory control on because there is about a 10-15 lag time on taking an item down. I had one pattern that two customers tried to purchase within minutes of each other. Both paid instantly and I had to refund the buyer that 'bought' it 1-2 minutes after the first one. They always strikes me funny that I can have a pattern on sale for a year or more and then suddenly two people want it at the exact time. There really isn't anything we can do to prevent that odd circumstance from happening, but it is rather unusual. the rest of the time the inventory control works very well.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
I forgot what the problem was, or the problem that was introduced if you used auto charge.

The like issue you're thinking of is where GCO would accept the order, hold off charging the card for 15 minutes (reviewing period), then charge the card. During that interim, another buyer could conceivably place an order for the same item and then enter into a reviewing period also.

There is a similar exposure with PP, where the buyer places an order, delays completing payment, or is in the payment process, and a 2nd buyer pops in, in the middle, and places a 2nd order. This issue is somewhat less likely to happen with PPX (although not totally eliminated).
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I changed my paypal to a premier account, hope that won't spite me, and now have PPX but I don't see anything different here unless I need to wait longer, did it last night. I also clicked on the inventory control now as well.

Now there is some settings in paypal I am not sure about, but I will have to go look and post back.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much different to see until you get a PPX order and then other than that, still not anything different to see on our end of things.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Not much different to see until you get a PPX order and then other than that, still not anything different to see on our end of things.

Only difference I see is ppx payments never have an order number!
Which is crazy but true
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: