eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi from Tennessee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Hi from Tennessee Reply with quote

The ecrater team must be psychic. I was thinking a few days ago that a community forum for sellers would be a nice idea, and here it is. Laughing

I live in Tennessee, near the Smoky Mtn. area, and have never sold online before, so I am a complete newbie. I'm excited about selling online and nervous at the same time.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd pop in and say hello to everybody. Smile

Namaste.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Namaste. That's an unusual name. I like it.

There are alot of experienced sellers here and lots of great info. Let us know if you need help. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theebookcafe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi raspberry,

Welcome to ecrater and good luck with your sales. It takes a little while for the search engines to pick up your items but once they do, I'm sure you'll do just fine. Very Happy

My sister and her husband are transferring from Ohio to Tennessee soon due to job relocation. At first it they were being transferred to Alabama but now they just found out it's TN. So, at least they'll be a little closer to home (Ohio). Smile

Take care!!
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fancyflappers: "Namaste" is a greeting (Hindu, I think) that has several meanings, but the simplest is "I respect you". I loved it, so use it to sign off. My own is Cheryl. Sorry about the mix-up. (Hm, it would be a pretty name, wouldn't it? Smile )

ebook: what part of TN? I live near Johnson City, which is about a 2 hour drive from Dollywood. Laughing

Namaste,
Cheryl
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have another Cheryl (Lebaronesscher) here. Very Happy

Namaste would be a neat name.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theebookcafe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raspberrynights wrote:
Fancyflappers: "Namaste" is a greeting (Hindu, I think) that has several meanings, but the simplest is "I respect you". I loved it, so use it to sign off. My own is Cheryl. Sorry about the mix-up. (Hm, it would be a pretty name, wouldn't it? Smile )

ebook: what part of TN? I live near Johnson City, which is about a 2 hour drive from Dollywood. Laughing

Namaste,
Cheryl

They'll be living somewhere in between Chattanooga and Nashville. They haven't found a house down there yet. They're waiting for their own house here to sell.
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebook: they'll still be within reasonable driving distance to Dollywood. Laughing
My niece goes every summer & loves it. But she'll be 18 this year, starting a new phase of her life, and I wonder if theme parks will be as interesting to her. (Makes this childless aunt feel so old sometimes.)

fancyflappers: hehehe, we're in good company with such famous Cheryls as Cheryl Tiegs, Cheryl Ladd, and Cheryl Lemke (weather channel).

Namaste,
Cheryl
memorylaneplaques

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Moving to MAYBERRY... ??? Reply with quote

Hello Cheryl..... yep the smokies and the blue ridge mtn area will be the area to look for the most mayberry like town and move into....now with the internet many of us will have home based business which will allow us to move into these areas...

I'm looking at some of these as the most like mayberry to move into....

elizabethton tn.....abingdon va. damascus va... mountain city tn...

west jefferson nc.... spruce pine nc... burnsville nc...

gonna find a mayberry TYPE of woman for this mayberry lifestyle.... yes the internet and home based business will allow alot of people now to go live in mayberry.... yeah baby!!!!
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi memorylane

It is beautiful, but the humidity can be rough in the summer sometimes. Nothing a good AC or fan can't handle, though. Or even a good paper fan. Laughing

My dream, though, is to one day retire to the beach, where I can dig my toes in the sand and bliss out on the smell of salty ocean (or a good Pina Colada). Cool

Namaste,
Cheryl
memorylaneplaques

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: raspberrynights Reply with quote

hey raspberrynights since you live around johnson city tn.. there is a craft type flea market i beleive just north on bristol highway.... If i move to the tri cities area i may do that craft flea market ... just wondering if you know that one and what do you think of it??.... it is a mall type..i'm gonna use certain craft type flea markets as one of the ways i get people to buy from my webstore..

yes i too hate the dad gum heat and humidity...i see mountain city tn... just east of johnson city is about 2400 ft. elevation and would be cooler to live... gatlingburg tn and cherokee nc that area has been my 2nd home nearly over the last 20 yrs.... romping and ripping there..but would like a small town with sidewalks and parks for alot of walking... yeah baby!!
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi memorylane,

That would be the US Flea Market Mall, right? I haven't been in there myself, but I've heard it's nice. Don't know what the rent is though.

I haven't been to Gatlinburg in ages. I was so disappointed when I heard the Ripley Museum had burned down. Loved that place. It was so spooky & fun. My niece likes the new Aquarium, but it's just not the same. Crying or Very sad

Oh well, at least the outlet malls are still in the area. Smile

Namaste,
Cheryl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: