eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Not sure what do I need to Do?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
8CharmAvenue

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Not sure what do I need to Do? Reply with quote

Hello everyone, am Lela from Canada.
I am new here and right off the top -English is my second language, so my spelling and grammar is a little funny. My apology to all.
Now to topic. I received this comment today in the Feed Status part:
"# of errors Problem
15 Multiple values for variant attribute.
examples:"

There were no examples so I am not sure what to do here. Please point me in the right direction, with example if possible.
Thanking you in advance.
L.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feed is referring to the feed to Google Shopping. That is important, but not critical. The specific problems with the feed may involve attributes, which are not visible to anyone but the seller.

Checking a random item in your store ...
http://8charmavenue.ecrater.com/p/18947879/trend-5-colors-large-rhinestones-statement

You should not have 'free shipping' in the title. If you are selling 5 colors of an item, you should have 5 listings. Having 1 listing conflicts with using inventory control. The pictures on that listing could easily be interpreted that the buyer is getting all 5 colors.
8CharmAvenue

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Not sure what do I need to Do? Reply with quote

Thank you so much Cosmicray,
your reply is very valuable to me
I will change the listing as you suggested, but that is only 5 but where do I find another 10? I am puzzled...
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you mind some helpful tips? Your description should only be about the item, no terms. Some are too short: http://8charmavenue.ecrater.com/p/18921612/ivory-cream-necklace-28mm-designer Search engines look at the description, so make sure you say what the item is and describe it thoroughly.

I also don't think you can use a designers name unless that item is made by them.

You can ask eCrater about how to find out what is wrong with the google feed. They have a small staff so it isn't immediate answer, but it will be from a real person that really is trying to help you.

I hope your store is a success and that you have many sales.
8CharmAvenue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Not sure what do I need to Do? Reply with quote

Thank you so much SammysSupplies for your reply.
Feel free to make a suggestions or offer a correction anytime. In fact replies I received are based on your knowledge and experience, and that's the best kind of advise one can get. I do not feel alone anymore but a part of the smart and honest group of people .

Thank you all for your good wishes.
L
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

http://8charmavenue.ecrater.com/p/18983912/elegant-antique-style-necklace-turquoise

Looks like you have done some editing after reading above comments. However in the listing above the listing description is called key word spamming. It is very confusing what the buyer is getting. Delete all phrases but the one that applies to the item in the picture.

It is okay to say designer inspired but if you mention the name of the designer you can be suspended.
8CharmAvenue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Not sure what do I need to Do? Reply with quote

Thank you so much Thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat for
another word of wisdom, however if i separate the phrases by commas, would that be OK for Google and Ecrater?

Thank you again to all who took from your already busy day to reply.

L.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater!
8CharmAvenue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Not sure what do I need to Do? Reply with quote

Thank you so much Tigercreekgifts for your warm Welcome!

I am happy and pleased to meet all of You.

L
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turquoise Green White Crystal Necklace, Wedding Bubble Necklace, Antique Alloy Vintage . Retro Bubble Necklace, Beaded Crystal Necklace, Antique Alloy Vintage Wedding Bridal Bib/Party Statement Jewelry Necklace.

This is what I mean. These are all different necklaces or at least what you say sounds like each phrase is a different necklace. You have all these phrases and they don't make sense if they all apply to the same necklace.

I don't see any bubbles in the picture.
You say antique alloy vintage twice. If it applies to the necklace only say it once.
You say bridal twice.
You say necklace 5 times. Only need it once.

On your 5th photo you write "The color you get is this photo." If you mean that the color of that photo has the most accurate colors, then write, "Most accurate colors." or "These are the accurate colors."
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@8CharmAvenue

Please note that the name of this site is eCRATER. I have noticed in several places (product pages, contact, etc) you keep referring to it as eCrafter.

If you are going to take very large pictures, I think it would be helpful to make them sharper. This item has several pictures, when I zoomed the 4th one, the picture is quite fuzzy. I also notice what looks like text across the bottom of the picture, that has been edited out. Is this an actual picture that you took of the product, or is this a scan of a catalog page ?
http://8charmavenue.ecrater.com/p/18948105/multicolor-green-flower-pendant-necklace#
8CharmAvenue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Not sure what do I need to Do? Reply with quote

Thank you so much to all.
You have been so great. I am fixing all listings as you send them to me. I'm not as sharp as you are and writing descriptions is very difficult to me. It takes me hours to write one. But with yours and G's help I will get to all of them before X-mas!!!
8CharmAvenue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You right about the picture, I had to remove the name of the store I had on eBay. I guess I did not do a good job.
I am using an online editor, that is probably not a good one. Any recommendations are appreciated.
I keep plugging in, but it's slow moving.

As for camera, must count on the Santa and Piggy Bank Smile

Be well ,
L
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There many differences between selling on ebay and selling here. Everyone is just trying to help you have a productive store here. Writing the description doesn't have to be hard. Just think about how you would search for that product. Put length, color, material and any other info about it.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8CharmAvenue wrote:
I am using an online editor, that is probably not a good one. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Go to picmonkey.com. It's free and you don't have to create an account unless you want to sign up for premium services but, the free version has everything you need and it's much easier to use than every other photo editor I've used before. An 8 year old could use it easily. The premium service is just extra stuff for people wanting to create art out of their photos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: