eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Sign-in
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TIME-SPACE-MOTION

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: New Sign-in Reply with quote

Hello, everyone! I am in the process of setting up my new store, and tho I have downloaded and printed out the eCrater manual, some of this stuff is still pretty esoteric to me... I would appreciate any help you would be willing to give regarding the shipping matrix and the Google Product Search "applicable" attributes:

In re: to the shipping matrix, the instructions note that the entire thing should be filled out "in full" or else it defaults to free shipping. My questions are (1) If I put 4.00 in as a shipping price for an item up to 1 pound in weight, do I have to double that for 2 pounds, triple it for 3 pounds and so on? (2) How do I know what is a pertinent amount of money to ask for IN THE MATRIX (as postage for a 10 pound book, going clear across the country, for instance? Books is what I mainly intend to sell)

In regard to the Google Product Search, I have read the post about needing to include the applicable google attribute 'FALSE' somewhere on each one of my books that doesn't have any ISBN #, but I don't understand what that means - include it HOW and WHERE? What does the term 'include' mean, as far as the nuts and bolts of doing it actually goes?

If someone could set me straight on those two issues, I think I might actually get this store into operation in the next day or two... if you want to give me any other pointers, I would appreciate it!

Thanks bunches!

http://TIME-SPACE-MOTION.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New Sign-in Reply with quote

TIME-SPACE-MOTION wrote:
In re: to the shipping matrix, the instructions note that the entire thing should be filled out "in full" or else it defaults to free shipping. My questions are (1) If I put 4.00 in as a shipping price for an item up to 1 pound in weight, do I have to double that for 2 pounds, triple it for 3 pounds and so on? (2) How do I know what is a pertinent amount of money to ask for IN THE MATRIX (as postage for a 10 pound book, going clear across the country, for instance? Books is what I mainly intend to sell)

For every line in the shipping matrix that you have active, you must populate it all the way across. The last column is the incremental add-on, beyond the next to last column. If you leave a column bucket blank, you are (by default) indicating a zero shipping value. If you have USPS Calculated turned on, the shipping matrix is only used as a backup (in case USPS times out).
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, I bet you have some neat books. Takes a while to sell but keep at it.

One thing, I do like the logo, but the gold print should be more bright, it's hard to read. You might also make it a stack of 2 or 3 or 4 books slightly different sizes.

The tabs while you list stuff.
You will see the google attribute tab.

You see two sides the first side takes the literal meaning "brand" "material" "mpn"

The second side is the value "Sony", "Leather" "A548987rt556"

In your case you type ISBN first column then the number in the next column.
The same for , you type,,, Identifier_exists next column ,,,false

only use small letters for attributes, try to add 2
I don't think you can use the identifier if you have an ISBN or UPC but don't add identifier,false if you do, just use the identifier is false
(I don't know if books have brand names)
TIME-SPACE-MOTION

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: shipping again Reply with quote

So, if I set the top line on the weight chart ( 1 lb - 16 lbs), then I only need to fill in the top line on the Shipping Matrix, too?

I was not planning on using the USPS Calculated feature; it seems simpler to just used Fixed Shipping - a set rate of say $4/$5 per book for mainland US - and just 'eat' the rest... am I allowed to do that under eCrater rules, or not?

(I am still trying to figure out whether to use PayPal or Stripe - is one better than the other? What's the difference?)

Also, I seem to have figured out the Google Product Search question on my own - I found the 'hidden' page for adding Photos, and there it was! With a little trial and error, I seemed to have satisfied them - the red! is gone.

Thanks for your assistance!
TIME-SPACE-MOTION

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, A_Better_WaY...

ISBN on one side, and FALSE on the other seems to work!

New books all mostly have ISBN #'s, but the older stuff that I mainly am going to deal in do not... the world used to be a simpler place! Rolling Eyes

Appreciate your input - I will try to re-do my Logo so that it is larger and easier to read. Just wanted to get something up there to begin with...

I am busy taking pictures and getting product pictures up, thanks for all your help everyone!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ISBN on one side, and FALSE on the other seems to work! "

= no don't do that, that stuff is for google to use so it must be correct, it might stopm the RSS feed for your store.

Just use the one line then
identifier_exists,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,false
that's all you need

Remember only use small letters.

Use paypal for now, check and see if your paypal is a "premier" account
if it is
Then add the paypal express

Stripe is a straight through merchant credit card processor.
If you add Stripe it will knock out the standard paypal.

I would make a few sales, then add stripe since it is a new thing here.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

A couple things I noticed. In your titles I would add the author and HB, first edition, whatever is appropriate for that title.

Also do you plan to insure your books? If I were buying a $1000 book I would not want it coming media mail which can be opened by the post office. I didn't think $5 sounded like a reasonable shipping price if it is to include $1000 of insurance. You aren't so much protecting the book as protecting yourself.

I think your banner needs to be deeper. No need to scrimp on the space.
TIME-SPACE-MOTION

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks for the advice you guys!
TIME-SPACE-MOTION

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER.

A couple things I noticed. In your titles I would add the author and HB, first edition, whatever is appropriate for that title.

I think your banner needs to be deeper. No need to scrimp on the space.

Thanks, Maggie... I have started adding that info to my titles.

I tried increasing the size of my banner, but eCrater doesn't seem to let me make it any larger than it already is... I changed the format and size several times at the Logo site, but it always shows up onscreen that same size...

any idea what I'm doing wrong, anyone?
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to make the logo the size it should look. bits-bytes- resolution they say to use. But all white on the top is included as part of the picture.

I like your logo, just fill the letters to be brighter.

But the size will be the size, it's up to you to fill in all the blank white space, if you please.
TIME-SPACE-MOTION

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks with all your help, Maggie... I think I'm ready to fly, now. I even got PayPal Standard set up and it appears to be working right.

I can't seem to get PayPal Express to work tho, it just returns me to the eCrater page whenever I click on the button to allow my info to go to eCrater... then when I click the eCrater Update icon, it just resets back to
the "you have not yet enabled PayPal Express" message... is that normal?

Oh, well... I don't really need it, I guess.

One other thing, how do I get my Avatar to show up here on the Community forum? I want my kitty out here, too! Razz

Thanks, again!!!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater!
TIME-SPACE-MOTION

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, TigerCreek!

Any advice or comments on my store, thus far?

I am having fun getting it set up! Very Happy
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take your address off the contact page, and maybe the phone, but your choice. Mainly the idea is for online, they get your address AFTER they pay and then you also have their address.

Try and get the paypal express working.
From what you said before, maybe clean out your internet cache, and stop popup blockers, then try, if you have a premier account at paypal, try it again.
Oh your logo is legible now, clean looking better.
TIME-SPACE-MOTION

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I wondered if that wasn't too much info to give out, but somewhere on the eCrater FAQ's it said to tell customer's who you are so you have a 'personal look' to your store...

I think the PayPal express didn't work because I hadn't turned in my financials yet or gotten the first initial payment/charge pushed thru my bank... I will try again later today, as I got an email this morning informing me that it worked.

The logo finally 'took'... I don't know what the holdup was there, but I'm satisfied with the way it looks now, so I'm going to quit messing with it.

I went and looked at your store... very nice! I like the way you have the Categories listed, instead of just individual items that are for sale.

Thanks for all your help - I really appreciate it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: