eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ACS Products New Shop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACSProducts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: ACS Products New Shop Reply with quote

Hello. I just opened a new shop on Ecrater. I sell linens that are made in my shop in CT.
Please stop by and take a look. Let me know if there is anything I can make for you as well. I make table linens, cloth napkins, drawstring bags, Pillow covers and many other home decor items.

If you want something made exclusively just for you, contact me. I'll trymy best to assist you. Thanks for looking! Happy Holidays.

http://aacsproducts.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ACSProducts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to delete my store to set up the right store name. All products will be added back soon! Will notify.
ACSProducts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Store is back up and running now!!!!!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

Are you telling me you sell brand new handmade cloth napkins for $1.66 each? Does that even cover the cost of the fabric? Don't short change yourself.

I suggest you take an additional picture of each style to show the whole pattern. I can guess what the zig zag pattern is like but not the damask. You are allowed 10 photos per listing here so you are not rationed.

Truthfully I think your low prices will hurt your sales. People will expect them to be cheap and flimsy. If you really think they are priced right then I think it is important that you show a detailed closeup photo of your seams and corners.

Remember you are not selling to Walmart. You are selling to people who want unusual fabrics and handmade quality. They expect to pay for your handwork.

I used to live in CT. Have you had snow yet?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just popped in and really don't have much time, but I really had to respond to your Introduction. I looked at your store and saw you only accept Cash on Delivery. That is a service through the USPS and it is very expensive. It would be far safer and cheaper to only accept money orders and personal checks. Without an online payment service, your store will not be included in Google Shopping and you are going to seriously hurt your sales. You really need to consider adding PayPal and/or Stripe. Also, without an online payment service offered, you are going to have ads on your item page between the description and the gallery of other products you sell. Take a look using Preview to see how your item page looks to a customer.

I totally agree with Maggie's comments regarding the need to show the full napkin and a closeup of your work.

In the online world, the first 250 characters (or so) of your item description are very important for search engine placement. I really wouldn't waste those spaces. You say the napkins are in stock. That puzzled me, why would you be offering them for sale if you didn't have them in stock. In the only line world, the buyer assumes they are in stock and want to pay as soon as they place the order. There would only need to be comments if the items are going to be "made to order" and even then you will have some customers mad they have to wait.
ACSProducts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer everyone's questions about my products being handmade in my shop and the affordable prices....
The items I am selling are overstock from a very large order I recently produced and sold to a company. I sold over 2000 pieces.

I am not losing money on these. I already made my profit from the gross production.

I'm offering these at low prices. I do fully understand what you say about the quality. I will try to take close-up photos.

But please do not underestimate me. Just because I'm not stating a $20.00 price for 6 napkins, when the bolt of fabric only cost me 67.00 for 30 yards and 56 inches wide. and it only cost me 0-35 to make 200 plus napkins off the bolt.... I feel that at even $6... I make a very good profit.
If you want to count my production time...I make 1000 per week on a 6 hour day.

And remember...these are left over from the 2000 piece order.

If you don't know about factory production and rates, then please do not chastise my selling and profit margin.

Now..to answer about the payment methods. I had not gotten to the payment method yet because my store is not finished. However after I read this, I immediately set up the required method in which to accept payments. Did not know I had to do that as the first thing.

So If you go back into my site, you will see it's all taken care of. I have linked my account with my paypal and I do not accept cash on delivery.

Last edited by ACSProducts on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
ACSProducts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
I just popped in and really don't have much time, but I really had to respond to your Introduction. I looked at your store and saw you only accept Cash on Delivery. That is a service through the USPS and it is very expensive. It would be far safer and cheaper to only accept money orders and personal checks. Without an online payment service, your store will not be included in Google Shopping and you are going to seriously hurt your sales. You really need to consider adding PayPal and/or Stripe. Also, without an online payment service offered, you are going to have ads on your item page between the description and the gallery of other products you sell. Take a look using Preview to see how your item page looks to a customer.

I totally agree with Maggie's comments regarding the need to show the full napkin and a closeup of your work.

In the online world, the first 250 characters (or so) of your item description are very important for search engine placement. I really wouldn't waste those spaces. You say the napkins are in stock. That puzzled me, why would you be offering them for sale if you didn't have them in stock. In the only line world, the buyer assumes they are in stock and want to pay as soon as they place the order. There would only need to be comments if the items are going to be "made to order" and even then you will have some customers mad they have to wait.

I say the reverse of what you're accusing me of. I state IN STOCK so the customer knows they are ready to ship upon payment, If they were made to order..I would say...these are made to order.
ACSProducts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. I just did a search on CLOTH NAPKINS and lo and behold. There are some on here for as low as $1.99 ...HANDMADE TOO!!!!!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People where just looking out for you. There are a lot of new sellers that do undervalue their time in making items. I don't read anything as being accusatory. Just people trying to help a seller new to the site. I hope all goes well for you.
ACSProducts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
People where just looking out for you. There are a lot of new sellers that do undervalue their time in making items. I don't read anything as being accusatory. Just people trying to help a seller new to the site. I hope all goes well for you.

Thanks Sammy for your opinion.
Being new to the site, I understand the help, as a matter of fact, I did ask for help.

I understand about critiquing, but the harshness of one respondent was actually condemning the fact that I was offering low prices for handmade items, without asking me first why, They immediately assumed I was underselling, not knowing the reasons for my affordable prices.

And...my shop wasn't even finished. had to run out for an errand.

And me keeping in mind that in this economy as it is, people do like a bargain.

So with that said, I intend to keep my pricing as it is for the products in my shop.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason people make suggestions to a new seller is so if it is something the seller needs or wants to change they can do it before all items are listed and the shop is going full tilt when a little tweak suddenly becomes a major endeavor.

What you perceive as rude criticism is merely helpful suggestions.

Granted you can find all kinds of prices for almost anything on the internet. I take issue with sellers who try to play Walmart and put everyone else out of business by undercutting prices. If that is how you prefer to do business have at it.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your shop is not fully set up. You don't have a banner, a main photo, or a description on your page. You need to have that or else your store will look incomplete and it will look like crap. Please complete your store before you list anything else. We want ecrater to look good and having incomplete stores like yours with no photos or descriptions makes us look bad so, please finish it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: