eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

? Facebook link and ecrater charges ???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: ? Facebook link and ecrater charges ??? Reply with quote

When I am in my store directly
I click on the facebook button
post to my facebook

is a buyer clicks it and buys the product is that considered a marketplace sale?
or what exactly?

Seem like it should NOT be a marketplace order that I get charged for
BUT
I recently sold 2 items that I marketed on facebook and they sold
both show marketplace
NOW, obviously I don't know if that's a coincidence or if clicking that button makes it a marketplace charge.

Anyone know?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because something you have posted on FB sells, doesn't mean that is where the customer found it there. Early on I did get a direct from FB sale so if it came from there it should show that it did.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Just because something you have posted on FB sells, doesn't mean that is where the customer found it there.

No, you are joking!

LOL
DUH, I mean seriously. That is not my question. AND I clearly put that in my topic.

The question remains ... since that link takes the shopper to ecrater.com link ...
Am I charged as if they shopped the marketplace?
or am I not charged because it was MY EFFORTS that got them to my store?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DUH, I mean seriously. That is not my question. AND I clearly put that in my topic.

I DID answer your question if you read the second sentence of my reply
Quote:
Early on I did get a direct from FB sale so if it came from there it should show that it did.

So if your sales didn't show as coming from FB then but marketplace, then the buyers got them from a marketplace source.

I market a lot of things on Pinterest and those that sell through Pinterest get marked as such while others, even if they had been on Pinterest, that sold may be marked as a variety of things including marketplace.

Orders coming from FB are yours and are marked as such.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the snowman, it seems very confusing. Maybe someday soon all eCrater sales will be charged a fee? That would eliminate the confusion anyway. lol
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
The question remains ... since that link takes the shopper to ecrater.com link ...
Am I charged as if they shopped the marketplace?
or am I not charged because it was MY EFFORTS that got them to my store?

If the facebook link is a www link, and not a store link, it sure sounds like that is what would happen. Do you see any Google Analytics traffic spikes for the items when you promote to FB ?

Another side of this issue is AdSense. If you are getting traffic from FB that ends up on the marketplace view, I don't believe that generates any AdSense revenue for any clicks from that product page.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post to Facebook directly from an item within your store, the link that is posted takes the buyer back to the store and it would not be a marketplace order.

em
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
If you post to Facebook directly from an item within your store, the link that is posted takes the buyer back to the store and it would not be a marketplace order.

em

OK, so it must be a coincidence
I'll have to watch and see how many more times this happens.

thanks
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump this... but I just discovered this "quirk" too.

When I post a new product, using the eCrater admin tool, and use the Social tab to post the newly completed item to my Facebook page... the resulting product post on my Facebook page has a backlink to the eCrater marketplace... not my store. Ouch.

Take a look... all the products I've promoted on Facebook (created using the Social tab while listing the new product) have marketplace backlinks!

https://www.facebook.com/oldfriendsmedia

And yet other members (cough moonwishes) manage to post to FB where backlinks go to their store listings. What's the secret please!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I make one suggestion to try? Either wait 24 hours before posting it to FB to see what happens or post something that is older already and see. I realize you might have already tried that, but if no, it can't hurt anything.

Like I said when I use the FB button under my photo in the listing, I can select where to send it and choose my store page. If I don't make a choice it goes to my personal page which I try to avoid.
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that tip. I'll try waiting 24 hours on my next listing.

I'm still a little confused. Are you manually creating posts/photos on your Facebook page... rather than using eCrater's "Social" feature? (an option available when you compose your listing in eCrater's administrator mode). If you are manually posting... yes, you can backlink where ever you want.

I'm talking about using eCrater's "social" feature - which automatically creates a photo listing and posts it to the Facebook page that's associated with your store. It also automatically creates a backlink to the store listing in the marketplace (at least in my instance). And that's what I'm trying to avoid.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there is no way to send a FB post in the midst of actually listing an item, at least I can't in my admin area. The only way to post is when you are all set up with the listing. You either click that button by the other buttons on the product list next to each listing, or you go back into a review of what you have listed and click the button on the actual listing page.

I found it is much easier and more efficient for me to post to FB from the review page as I am doing a G+ post, and grabbing the url to post the listing on Pinterest and Twitter. I can post to all those places more or less at once so I'm getting a lot of promotional content out there at the same time. I could use the Pinterest box to also post to FB but it puts it on my personal page which I don't want.

I never use that little button on the product listing. I did just try and it looks like it would have sent it to my store page at FB but obviously not positive where the link would feed to and if I had have gone the whole way with it, it would have meant I posted the same thing twice within a week which isn't a good idea, I think.
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... So when you're creating a new listing you don't get the Social option (as seen below)?

When I compose a new listing, I fill out all Basic info, add the Photos, Fill in the Google Attributes and then got to Social to post on my store FB page. All as part of the process of listing a new item for sale

It sound to me like you're actually getting there, as well. You just wait until your listing "goes live" in your store, and then go back in and edit the listing - by clicking on the icon (below), once the product is live, from your list of product listings... as seen here.

We're both doing the same thing. I just do my Facebook posting when I create the listing. Clicking on that icon just takes you to the Social tab... that you could use when you're composing your new listing anyway, no?.

Anyway, I appreciate your taking the time to explain your method (which makes sense - since you're involving in posting to other social sites like Pinterest, Twitter etc. as well).

But I guess I'll have to go to the support team... cause it just doesn't make sense that some of us get backlinks to the marketplace, while others get backlinks to their actual stores. That's not fair. And I must be missing something.

Anyone else have a theory or method how to make this happen? Thanks!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I've never even noticed that social tab on the listing till you pointed it out. Not sure when that appeared. I don't use the other tab either. I literally go into my store the day after listing items and then use the buttons in the listing to do my promotions as mentioned. For some reason a while back, my Pin bookmarklet stopped working so the only way I can pin my items to Pinterest is to go into my store and copy paste the url into Pinterest. While on the page I do all the stuff that I already mentioned. Since for me it is systematic, I don't forget anything. I have to make things a strong habit as I am on a LOT of pain meds that can make me a bit forgetful Rolling Eyes Nor do I have a lot of time to post items individually to 3-4 different social networks. My naps interfere too much for that!

Anyhow I just clicked on the social tab that is on our listing page and it gives me the same page that we get if we click the social button on our products page. I imagine it would give the same results. Since I'm not getting any back links to ecrater with the way I do it, no reason to change unless if the whole system is screwy and they fix it. So I guess you can keep us posted or just switch to how I am doing things.
centerofthewebb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that too.
Now I just go to my direct store (not marketplace store) and copy and paste the item link directly into Facebook etc. While this might be an additional step, it has never charged me a marketplace fee anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: