eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pin it and Facebook page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thriftygalcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Pin it and Facebook page Reply with quote

I was wondering if something has changed, I cannot pin my Ecrater items onto Pinterest anymore. Also, I have a tab on my Facebook page for Ecrater, but when you click on it, it does not show any items or go anywhere. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what's going on. I can't pin any items from Etsy any more, my Pin it button will work for every other website except Etsy. So, if I wanna share anything from there I have to upload it manually to Pinterest. Maybe it's a pin button issue? Doesn't explain your Facebook problem though.
thriftygalcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger, for pinning in Etsy, I just open my item up and click the pin it button in the listing and I can pin it to my board. Hope that helps! Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something changed a while back with Pinterest. To Pin when the Pin bookmarklet thing doesn't work, open your Pinterest site and in another window open your item. Copy the item's url and then in the upper right hand corner of the Pin board is a plus sign. click on it and a page will come up that allows you to insert the url and then click next. Then up pops the photo of the item and in the upper left hand corner of the photo you will find the pin button. Click on that and the regular pin page will appear. Fill in the details (I just grab mine from my products page in my admin area. make sure you are pinning to the right board, click the button and you are all set and ready for the next one.

It doesn't take as long as what I had to type out and I hope you understand. Some sites I have had to do the same thing and others still act like the older pin bookmarklet, so if it doesn't work, then you can do the above.

Hope this helps.
thepartystore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried mine and it still works fine. But I pin mine through the "share it" button I added to my toolbar. I love it, because it's got links to every social network that you can think of...and if you are part of various social websites, you can do most of your promoting with just one click.

You can also clean out your cookies. Sometimes that will jump start things to working again.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Copy the item's url and then in the upper right hand corner of the Pin board is a plus sign. click on it and a page will come up that allows you to insert the url and then click next.

I said: So, if I wanna share anything from there I have to upload it manually to Pinterest. So I already know how to do that. LOL
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So I already know how to do that. LOL

Not everyone may have figured out how to manually pin something, thus the instructions. I have run into several other sites where m pin button doesn't work either, so about half of my pins are done manually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: