eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Featured Categories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepartystore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Featured Categories Reply with quote

I set up my featured categories, but when I went to upload the logos I made, the background color came out black.

I actually had a white background so the image would stand out, but when I uploaded them, they all came out black.

Is there any way to fix this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I had that problem was when I made the background transparent. I don't know why it would be black if you made it white.
thepartystore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about that....

Maybe I thought I made it white, but it was transparent. I will try to make it over again. Thanks.
thepartystore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get the white to work, so I changed it up a bit and added different colors. Not crazy about it, but it will do for now until I can do something better. Thanks again for the advice.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reset the color depth, and save in a different format. then open it and resave as a jpeg.
If it is low color, like a clipart, save it as 256 color depth BMP, or use another program, like DXTBmp by MWGraphics.

There should be a way to get rid of it from one of those file formats with that program.
centerofthewebb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

partystore...Since it's Christmas time and a bit slow for our business right now as well, I'll be happy to give you a hand with your logos, if you like. PM me

Cat
thepartystore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat

What were you thinking of doing?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ the party Store, do you know how to send a PM? If you look at the bottom of any post, you'll see icons to go to the poster's store (www) or send them a private message. When they Log In to the forum, they can check their message and you will be able to discuss the issue without involving the full forum. Also, you can select, in your own profile, to receive an email whenever someone sends you a PM.

The reason I'm asking is because I sent you a PM regarding your shipping which you never read. I deleted it because you seemed to have figured out the answer on your own.
thepartystore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila,

I never got your pm. I didn't realize until yesterday that some (not all) of eCraters emails will go into my spam box and depending upon how many are in there at the time, sometimes I don't read them.

Now that I know a few go in there, I will periodically scan the emails to see if it has something in there that is not spam. I guess I never caught the one from you.

But I ALWAYS answer my emails. So if I didn't answer you, it is only because I didn't get it.

There are two sides to the coin.

Being here for me has been a learning curve. I have only been a member for about 3 weeks, so I am going to mess up and maybe make choices that is not logical to some members. But I have to do things that makes sense to me at the time. As I go on and read more forum posts and realize how things work, I will be able to adjust myself to make my experience here a success.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Party Store, I didn't send you an email. I sent you a PM from the community forum. Look up at the very top of this page and you'll see 4 icons, Search, Profile, You have no new messages, and Log In (or Log Out and the name with which you Logged In.). You have to Log In to be notified you have a new message (PM). If you don't look at the message before you Log Out, the system will not tell you about it when you next Log In. So, to see PMs, you have to Log In AND click to check your messages or send a message.

IF you want to get an email when someone send you a Private Message from the Community, you have to Log In, click on Profile, and activate the radio button to tell the Community Board to send you an email.

I realize you are a new member and that's why I'm taking as much of my time to help you find your way around the Community. Very Happy I feel by helping new people I'm kinda paying back all the hours folks spent helping me when I was new. Let me tell you, I asked my share of questions when I started and received a lot of help. There wasn't as much written information back then (early 2009) and there have been a lot of improvements since then.
thepartystore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know to look there. As you know...I am learning what is available to me here. I guess the old saying goes..."if it was a snake it would have bit me"...applies...
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness it wasn't a snake! ... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: