eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Don't know what is going on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepartystore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Don't know what is going on... Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by thepartystore on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:58 am; edited 3 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 29 Nov you posted on Selling on eCRATER -> Questions about proper shipping and taxes. On 30 Nov I posted the following:
SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
thepartystore wrote:
If I have a flat rate shipment set up, why didn't that shipping amount come up?

I want to ship internationally so I set up the shipping matrix. But does that bypass the flat rate shipping costs?
You are currently using USPS Calculated shipping in your store which will override anything you put in the shipping Matrix or any Fixed Rate you enter on the item page. If you want to use just the Fixed Rate and/or the shipping matrix without the USPS Calculated shipping, you have to go to Account -> Options -> and unchecked the box that says Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead.

Keep in mind that when you use Fixed Rate and the customer buys multiple items they'll be charged the Fixed Rate for each item. Four items with a fixed rate shipping of $3.00 each will be charged $12.00 shipping. When you use weight base and the shipping matrix or USPS Calculated, the shipping will be based on the weight of the total order.

With the Fixed Rate, when the Postage Rate changes (which it seems to do once or twice a year) you'll need to change every item using Fixed Rate. With the Shipping Matrix, you only have to change the Matrix. With USPS Calculated shipping, the rates are changed automatically.
As of today, you still have USPS Calculated shipping activated. As long as it is active, customers will be billed based on the weight of the item you posted when you listed the item. If you left the weight blank because you entered a fixed rate, the USPS Calculated will see 0 for weight and will calculated the shipping as $0.00.
thepartystore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any matrix left blank, but will do as you suggest. I was actually changing my post when you answered the previous one.

I have a new problem. I don't have any listings for the product this individual bought from me. I have them listed on blujay and amazon and ebay, but ecrater.

Yet, I was notified that the payment came through ecrater. But when I look on my orders, it doesn't show up.

I emailed the buyer and let them know that I have no product on ecrater. How could this have happened if a product doesn't exist for the item?
thepartystore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one more thing... I disable the calculated shipping, how will international buyers know what to pay?

I want to ship to more destinations besides Canada.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you asked this elsewhere, YOU have to set the proper amounts for international shipments in the matrix. No one else will do it for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: