eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

d&e computers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DECOMPUTERS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: d&e computers Reply with quote

hello just opened my store D&E COMPUTERS we stock many used pc parts at the moment hoping to launch a full stock of new pc parts with in the next few months check us out. Any advice from others that have been here for a while would be great thanks for stopping by
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, granted I know nothing about computers parts, but I do have a couple of suggestions. First off, rename your one category, to computer parts, since it really isn't computers, and finish filling out all of your terms, faq's and such. Also there is no way to charge a handling fee for unpaid items. If you want to give buyers 7 days to pay, that is up to you. But most people treat this like any other store, they find what they are looking for and buy it.

Hope you have many sales.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at your about & terms pages, you don't use any punctuation at all. No periods, commas, or breaks between sentences. You basically run all of your sentences together which looks unprofessional and can be harder for a buyer to read. Sammy was right, you can allow a buyer up to 7 days to pay but if they don't pay, you cannot charge them a handling fee. A handling fee is what sellers charge to compensate themselves for the time spent packaging and "handling" an order before shipment hence the term "handling fee".

Since you have not shipped the item off to them that would not classify as a handling fee, and since the buyer hasn't sent anything back to you it would not be a restocking fee either so basically, it's a fee you are charging because you are mad that they kept you waiting for 7 days and still didn't pay. If you are going ahead and packaging up the items as soon a a buyer orders something without first waiting to see if they have or will pay first, then that is on you. You should always wait until AFTER a buyer pays before wasting any boxes or packing material to package something up because if they don't ever pay, you just wasted a box or envelope plus bubble wrap etc. that you now have to open back up and throw away.

So, if you are packaging up your items right away and then charging buyers a handling fee that do not pay you after 7 days, you can't do that, and there is no way to charge a buyer for that through ecrater or Paypal. You can try sending the buyer an invoice for the fee on Paypal but, no one is going to pay a fee because they changed their mind and decided not to pay you.
DECOMPUTERS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: INPUT Reply with quote

thank you for the insight to the d&e computers page the info is very helpful im going to be revamping the rest of the info on the page tonight thanks again
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: INPUT Reply with quote

DECOMPUTERS wrote:
thank you for the insight to the d&e computers page the info is very helpful im going to be revamping the rest of the info on the page tonight thanks again

Do you know what punctuation is?
DECOMPUTERS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: punctuation Reply with quote

I do I have this thing about typing and not stopping lol
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"thank you for the insight to the d&e computers page the info is very helpful im going to be revamping the rest of the info on the page tonight thanks again"

Thank you for the insight to the d&e computers page the info is very helpful, I'm going to be revamping the rest of the info on the page tonight thanks again.

Now don't get all over me for showing you the punctuation, LoL cuz I am a long way away from being correct myself.
But you have to have it so people understand while reading.

For search engines also, make sure you use a space after a comma.

Good luck and welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: