eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi from So cal.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
affordableclassandelegance

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Hi from So cal. Reply with quote

Weather is freezing here in Cloudy So Cal. right now! Where is the sun? lol

Hello,
Just wanted to say hi.
My site is finally together. I think?

http://affordableclassandelegance.ecrater.com/

Was wondering if someone can look at it and tell me what is wrong, pics, etc, if it looks ok? I am not sure if this is the place to ask this question. Or should I go to "Help" and ask there?

Thanks for eCrater. I hope my site does well.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
NirvanaCreations

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hi from So cal. Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. There's a couple items with no pics, but it looks to me like you're off to a good start. I'm sure others will be along soon to chime in with tips and suggestions. Happy sales to you!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to eCrater. I did see a couple of problems. You have some Spanish books, in eCrater rules 4.3 Basic requirements - All texts must be in English. Did you read the terms before setting up? If not here is a link to them: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php Also, it looks like you some identical listing, also against the rules. if you have 2 of something, you make one listing and put 2 in the amount you have.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello & Welcome! Yeah, with your Spanish books you need to put the description in English so, you'll need to translate them. Can you speak and understand Spanish? If not, then you could try using a translation software. I know that Google and Bing both have one but they are not always 100% accurate. Sometimes your paragraphs will translate into nonsense.

Anyway, as per ecrater's rules all listings must be in English. If you want to put both the Spanish & English translations in your descriptions, you'll need to email ecrater and ask them if it's okay. I've seen them suspend people for having both languages in their listings. Better to be safe than sorry right?
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

One way to get your Spanish books listed is to start your title with

Spanish language version Terroristas Secretos followed by the author etc. Don't start your titles with non English words.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for your help.
I will work on all of your comments.
These are great!
I really appreciate the answers.
I do hope my site will sell.
jonunsthisandthat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater. And yes it is cold here in So. Calif. Sad
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater! I took a few minutes to check your store and have a couple of comments/suggestions.

It appears you have selected Canada in your shipping zones, but you haven't given any shipping cost for Canada. You need to either remove Canada from your shipping zone OR add your shipping cost to the shipping matrix plus add the packaged weight to each item.

Second, you are using some Google Attributes that are not valid so they are showing at the end of your item description (seen when you look at the item from the public side of your store). Giving the copyright date for a book is information that would be helpful to a buyer, but it isn't a valid Google Attribute. From your admin, click on product, then click on the G icon to the right of any item which will give you the Attribute table for that item. Look to the far right of the column titles and click on the blue Question Mark. Only the Attribute names listed there will be accepted. For books you must enter the ISBN unless the book predates ISBNs or was published without an ISBN. In either of these cases, you would use the identifier_exists attribute with a value of false.

I would encourage you to contact eCrater regarding the Spanish books for the best way to list them without breaking the rules.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I made all the corrections as you all have suggested. I really appreciate the answers and the wonderful welcomes to the group. and yes the weather has improved the past couple of days we now have 77 degrees in some places in so. cal. but the weather is going back down to lower temps. lol

I have had such a problem trying out the matrix.
It will be simpler for me to provide free shipping, but
when I choose the Free shipping to US after typing in the wt. 0.03 oz and then click update, The product page goes back to Fixed Shipping to Mainland. I don't know why it wont stay on the Free shipping.
I even downloaded the tutorial for the ecrater manual as advised but I don't get it?
Where did I choose USPS? I don't know where to find that again.
Would someone please advise as to what I am doing wrong?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently you have USPS Calculated shipping active in your store. If you want to use Free Shipping, fixed rate per item, or weight based with just the shipping matrix, you need to turn off the USPS Calculated shipping. In your store admin, on the left scroll down to Account: and click on options. Scroll down to "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead" and remove the check in the box. The default for all new store is checked and, when active, it over rides any other choice you make

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good directions.
I have removed the check mark where it says: Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead and clicked "update"

Now when I go back to the Edit Product page, I click the FREE Shipping and click update.
but it still goes back to Fixed shipping to USmainland.
Now when I remove the "weight" on this page and click Free shipping it stays there, but at the top of the page IN RED it says: Please fill out the mandatory field(s)
Which is the missing weight on that page.

It seems I am missing one little step that you are telling me and I am not getting it. Please help me to that little step that I am missing here.
thanks so much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the left hand side of the navigation, I have not added or taken away from "Weight Scales", Shipping Zones, and matrix. I don't want to use those.

If there is something here I need to do to make the Free Shipping work on the Edit page, please direct me. Thanks so much..
NirvanaCreations

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

affordableclassandelegance wrote:
On the left hand side of the navigation, I have not added or taken away from "Weight Scales", Shipping Zones, and matrix. I don't want to use those.

If there is something here I need to do to make the Free Shipping work on the Edit page, please direct me. Thanks so much..

I offer free shipping. I just selected Fixed shipping and put 0 in for US-Mainland, Alaska and Hawaii. Even though the weight doesn't matter for fixed shipping, I still have a weight in for each product so I don't have to update every item if I decide to use the matrix in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!!! That works for me!
Thanks so much.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders wrote:
Welcome.

One way to get your Spanish books listed is to start your title with

Spanish language version Terroristas Secretos followed by the author etc. Don't start your titles with non English words.

Thanks for the welcome and this comment! I got a sale almost immediately from using this tip! I hope it continues to work! Update: Spanish language version Secret Terrorists(Ecrater mod said use English only) followed by the author but they said I could use the picture of the Spanish Book! yeay!!! it worked!!
Thanks again! and to everyone else thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: