eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Yahoo auctions closing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sewgood

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Yahoo auctions closing Reply with quote

Did everyone hear that yahoo auctons is closing? Should bring more buyers and sellers here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
breezeauctions

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is crazy. I wonder if it is because there are rumors the Microsoft is going to take over yahoo. There are lots of people that are already moving their yahoo listings to ecrater. This is going to be really good for this site.
rcfcomputing

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That place had so many problems and I never even sold there.

Just trying to look for things as a buyer was a nightmare.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did very well there until the old Radio Shack server they had, wore out! That's when I opened my store here and started moving things-and just 500 more to go in the next month. Needless to say, can't stay to talk!
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some details

Yahoo! US and Canada Auctions sites are retiring on June 16, 2007!

After careful consideration, we have decided to close down our Yahoo! US and Canada Auction sites to better serve our valued customers through other Yahoo! properties.

Please keep the following dates in mind when using the Yahoo! US and Canada Auction sites:
Last day to list an item: June 3, 2007
Listings will not auto re-submit after June 3, 2007. (This could mean that your listings may not be submitted 5 times)
Last day to Bid/Buy: June 16, 2007
Last day to access remaining site tools such as My Account: October 29, 2007

http://auctions.yahoo.com/show/us/eol_retire?type=message
Robertd1138

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when I first started selling (1999) I sold stuff on Yahoo Auctions and eBay. Yahoo auctions was pretty bad then and it looks like it hasn't changed much. Good riddance!
jeanchastain

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahoo has always been a seller unfriendly place and their listing software was a nightmare! I don't know how they have managed to stay on top for as long as they have. All of those people will be going somewhere...That is good news for lots of sites. I would not be surprised at all if Ecrater is the next BIG ONE since listing here is easy and the store front makes your site look more professional than some other sites. Very Happy It will be nice to watch Ecrater grow and to see more visitors!!
sewgood

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did really well there. But I am in other places this being one of them. I was very happy there and after years built repeat customers. Thats what hurts. Does anyone know do they usually follow you. Or do they usually just leave. The repeats I mean.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had already sent emails to all of my repeat customers that I was moving to Ecrater..get the addresses off your sold list while you can!
I started at Yahoo and Ebay when they were just pups-put two boys through college with the income-or at least helped a lot! I even listed on Bidville and sold a lot there. But I think auctions are a thing of the past. Too many software problems, NPB's, downtime, etc. And auctions just are not the novelty they once were. I can remember when I used to surf and shop-just to see all the things there were! Now, I'm looking for something specific if I go to auctions...and often go to Google to search, instead!

i truly believe stores are the way to go, now...we'll see. Bidville may not be far behind in closing their doors, judging by the lack of CS and updates.
sewgood

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you. I did that to a few of my regulars. I get so many new people though. They probably wouldn't remember me. LOL
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do have a classified ad section but you can only list 10 items for free and then you have to start paying. I doubt I will try that as it wouldn't be worth the time at least to me.

Joyce
hidyscloset

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice they are keeping their Asian sites going. I was doing better in my Yahoo Auction booth than in any of my stores. In fact, it reminded me of my good old days at eBay before the royal you-know-what many of us got when they hid our stuff from the browsing public. Any suggestions on good FREE auction sites out there?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: