eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can't figure out why Google is not accepting my listings.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glorsstore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Can't figure out why Google is not accepting my listings. Reply with quote

Receive this for 9 items.

"9 products are disapproved from Google and are currently not listed in Google Product Search. You are losing traffic! Please add all required attributes and make sure your products are fully compliant with Google's policies."

Just deleted one; thinking of just deleting the others.

Can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong or missing. Most are just 'disapproved.' Most are vintage items, no UPC's etc.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the attribute

left side ......... ........ right side
identifier_exists ........ false

That will give you an exemption for not having the required UPCs, etc.

Don't expect the red mark to disappear immediately. It takes a very long time. This doesn't mean you item is not shown on Google. If you are just setting up it will take a while to get all the items picked up.
glorsstore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Thank you with the Google help! Reply with quote

Will give it a try.
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Please help with attributes Reply with quote

[img][/img]

This is what pops up when I refresh the page after listing identifier_exists / FALSE.
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Please help with attributes Reply with quote

AND the red exclamation point is beside the listing....
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things:
-You'll need 2 of the required attributes, "brand" would probably be the easiest to identify
-Generally, you don't want to use any caps in your attributes
-Even if you got it right, nothing will change until the next update. If you still have the red exclamation point after that, then more tweaking could be needed. For some us, it never goes away for some items.

As a note: the google attributes are for appearance in Google Shopping. These items are still being crawled by web spiders, and are still viable to appear in organic Google Search. No need to delete them just because GS won't accept them, they are still visible and available from many other sources (Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, your backlinks, etc.).
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: I desperately need help with Attributes Reply with quote

Thanks, AG.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomethingOld, I would contact eCRATER regarding the message. According to Google Shopping Help, the majority of products are required to have two unique product Identifiers; brand plus 1 (upc, mpn, or identifier_false). There are two big exceptions:
1) books (must have ISBN or identifier_exists)
2) Custom Goods (must have identifier_exists)

Google Shopping defines Custom Goods as
Quote:
Custom goods: Custom goods are one-of-a-kind items for which no unique product identifiers exist, like vintage goods, collectibles, art, perishables, books published before 1970, and other special items. Custom goods can be in any product category.

One-of-a-kind items would be most retro, vintage, and antique items.

Also keep in mind that we are talking about "Unique Product Identifiers" because Google Shopping has some other required attributes that are based on category. Two links I've found very helpful in understand the attributes I have bookmarked and are shown below:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1344057
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FALSE should be false
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Google Shopping Attribute values are case sensitive. The attribute name must be in lower case. I have entered the value in lower case, but in the information on Google Shopping Help pages they show the value in all upper case. Therefore, I've concluded it doesn't make any difference for value entries.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To continue Sheila's thought, while the value can have capital letters, the attribute names themselves can not start with a capital letter. Don't ask why Rolling Eyes

Also as others have said, don't delete an item just because you can't get the attributes 'right'. The attributes only help the listing to show up in google shopping, but other than that, they will show up everywhere else. I never even know about google shopping until coming here and I suspect that there are still plenty of people that don't use google shopping still.
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Can't figure out why Google is not accepting my listings. Reply with quote

I have been working with Tracy for three days trying to understand all of this. Her example to me was for the false to be all caps, so it seems it must not matter for the attribute value.
My problem is that I don't really trust what she is saying. I can put in attributes and values (incorrectly according to all accounts) and the red text and the exclamation points go away and then do what she says and they return. It seems that if she is right, they would both go away and stay away....
It would be wonderful for someone who sells vintage items to message me and tell me a specific example that they KNOW is correct with attribute names and attribute values.
Thanks to all of you who have replied.
I am going to work on all of my items today and do SOMETHING. I just hope it turns out not to be wasted time!
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Directly from Google Shopping

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en

"In categories where unique product identifiers are required, merchants must submit the ‘identifier_exists’ attribute with a value of FALSE when the item does not have unique product identifiers appropriate to its category, such as GTIN, MPN, and brand."

em
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Can't figure out why Google is not accepting my listings. Reply with quote

Thanks, ecrater-moon! That seems definitive, so I will trust Tracy when she says that identifier_exists FALSE is what I need to use, period.
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo... sometimes the answer is just 'there is no answer?'

I have a handful of items that show in a list when I check the box > Disapproved from Google..

There are a few that I know the brand, UPC and even the MPN are correct, as they are New-in-box/package items and I have that info right on the packages.. etc.. Example: my MAC powder in Redhead.

I have brand - MAC, the whole UPC, and even use the attribute color: redhead, because that is the color..

Is it maybe that Google doesn't "THINK" redhead is a color?

I have an Estee Lauder lipstick - I have brand, MPN (right on the tube end) and the color - yet it says its Disapproved as well..

I guess its not the end of the world but just trying to make sense of this!

One last thing - these listings don't even have the red Exclamation mark.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: