eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I desperately need help with Attributes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: I desperately need help with Attributes Reply with quote

Please tell me how to do attributes for items that do not have a brand or a UPC code, mpn, etc.
For example, I have listed a hand made pottery wine bucket. There is no brand, no UPC code, or any other type of branding.
I listed the attribute name as identifier_exists and the attribute value as FALSE.
In red type, this is what comes up:" Missing required attributes for this product. Please include: at least two of the following: upc/ean/jan (or identifier_exists if missing), brand, mpn."
So, since I do not have two of them, I listed the information TWICE and hit the refresh button.
It comes back with only identifier_exists FALSE in one set of the boxes with the same red type message.
HELP!
Thanks very much.
It seems that Google feed is only sent once a month....I am hoping to get my listings corrected for the next feed.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be logical to use color or material, probably color, as your second entry.
It does have a color, and it has to be made of something, but I believe that material is more or less reserved for clothing, but not absolute.

so color would be my pick, and it will be factually correct at the same time.

give the system some time to gel out.
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
at least two of the following: upc/ean/jan (or identifier_exists if missing), brand, mpn.
So it seems that color and material could be attributes, but that there must also be 2 of the above.
I appreciate your response.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomethingOld wrote:
Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
at least two of the following: upc/ean/jan (or identifier_exists if missing), brand, mpn.
So it seems that color and material could be attributes, but that there must also be 2 of the above.
I appreciate your response.

no, just a minimum of two valid attributes,

I think you are taking the complaint wording too literal.
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: I desperately need help with Attributes Reply with quote

I was quoting what the red script at the top of the page. That led me to believe that two of those attributes had to be listed.
Since the Google feed only takes place once a month, it will take months of trial and error to find out what really works.
Thanks for your reply.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red mark is from ecrater and I believe they go away instantly, as long as you enter two valid attributes.

The other will be when you log on, then you will see the google complaint.

Like "3 out of blah blah blah, do not comply" or something like that.

What you are seeing is in the actual listing mechanics, when google complains after the feed is done, you won't see any red check marks, but it will say at the logon page.

Also to see that same page, click on the ecrater logo in admin, that will be the page you always log on to.

Also
"* The statistic is being updated three times per week but is running behind.
** eCRATER sends feeds to Google Merchant Center three times per week."

the last was Jan 4
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: I desperately need help with Attributes Reply with quote

I was mistaken about the Google feed being monthly. It is "** Google disapproved items are updated once per month."
It states this at the bottom of the Manage Products page.
I will put the identifier_exists FALSE, one other attribute at least, and hope for the best.
Many thanks!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answered your question on the other topic you posted related to the same subject. It would be helpful if you would only post a problem once.
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=34228

Last edited by SheilaDeesPostcards on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think FALSE has to be lower case false. And that goes in the right column.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, since I do not have two of them, I listed the information TWICE and hit the refresh button.

That isn't going to help at all, listing the info twice.

I do believe that they want at least 2 out of 3 of the primary attributes. Color isn't a primary attribute so that won't count.

The google feed is sent 2-3 times a week. The red flags and messages, might take up to a month to disappear, so once you think it is fixed, leave it alone and wait a month to see if the error goes away.
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: I desperately need help with Attributes Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your replies.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Color isn't a primary attribute so that won't count"

works for me. no google complaints, no red check marks.

There is no such thing as a primary attribute, an attribute is an attribute is an attribute as far as I'm concerned (or google computers).
Especially if you need to use identifier=false with no other information.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Color isn't a primary attribute so that won't count

With Google they want at least 2 out of 3 of these attributes:

Quote:
I. Unique Product Identifiers Attributes (brand is required for apparel; the rest attributes are required for all products but custom made and apparel)

brand - The brand name of the product.
example: Sony

mpn - Manufacturer's Part Number is a unique code determined by the manufacturer for that product.
example: HSC0424PP

gtin - In this attribute, you will include Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs) for your products. These identifiers include UPC (in North America), EAN (in Europe), JAN (in Japan), and ISBN (for books). If you are already including an attribute named 'upc', 'ean', 'jan', or 'isbn', you don't need to add this attribute.
example: 001234567891

upc - Universal Product Code is a 12-digit number often below the bar code of the item.
example: 834721479305

ean - EAN (used in Europe) is a 13-digit number.
example: 1001234567891

jan - JAN (used in Japan) is a 8 or 13-digit number.
example: 12345678 or 1234567890123

isbn - This is a unique 10 or 13-digit number assigned to every printed book.
example: 0451524233

identifier_exists - Use this if the item does not have unique product identifier
example: FALSE "

Color falls under point two on the list of Important attributes and then you get point three which are other attributes.

So it really isn't an attribute is an attribute. While they all may be attributes, Google is looking for those unique identifiers above all else, at least that has been my understanding.
seedsource

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Google Attributes Reply with quote

I know this subject has been discussed but it's the only problem I have besides ecrater suddenly sending me all those invoices for unknown fees. I've always been able to lick any problem but not this one.
I only sell seeds that I gather on my own. They have no brand name or number codes of any kind. They're just seeds. Can anyone tell me what an "attribute" would be for seeds? What would go in the left column and what would go in the right column? I've received the monthly ecrater notice that all 8 of my items lacked google attributes from day one, which amounts to about 4 years. I do occasionally receive orders but not many. I'd like to get this settled once and for all and be done with it. Thanks.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes Reply with quote

seedsource wrote:
I know this subject has been discussed but it's the only problem I have besides ecrater suddenly sending me all those invoices for unknown fees. I've always been able to lick any problem but not this one.
I only sell seeds that I gather on my own. They have no brand name or number codes of any kind. They're just seeds. Can anyone tell me what an "attribute" would be for seeds? What would go in the left column and what would go in the right column? I've received the monthly ecrater notice that all 8 of my items lacked google attributes from day one, which amounts to about 4 years. I do occasionally receive orders but not many. I'd like to get this settled once and for all and be done with it. Thanks.

identifier_exists - Use this if the item does not have unique product identifier
example: FALSE "

but use small letters for everything all the time.
you only need that one not two if you use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: