eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I desperately need help with Attributes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seedsource

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
seedsource wrote:
I know this subject has been discussed but it's the only problem I have besides ecrater suddenly sending me all those invoices for unknown fees. I've always been able to lick any problem but not this one.
I only sell seeds that I gather on my own. They have no brand name or number codes of any kind. They're just seeds. Can anyone tell me what an "attribute" would be for seeds? What would go in the left column and what would go in the right column? I've received the monthly ecrater notice that all 8 of my items lacked google attributes from day one, which amounts to about 4 years. I do occasionally receive orders but not many. I'd like to get this settled once and for all and be done with it. Thanks.

identifier_exists - Use this if the item does not have unique product identifier
example: FALSE "

but use small letters for everything all the time.
you only need that one not two if you use it.

Thanks for the reply. Ecrater's attribute page has 2 columns, one for the attribute name and one for the attribute identifier. This page doesn't show any of my 8 items, so do I put identifier_exists in the left column and false in the right column and do I do this on 8 of the 15 lines so it fixes all 8 of my items? I know this probably all sounds stupid, but having a blank page to fill in a bunch of google attributes leaves a lot of questions as to whether I'm fixing the attributes for one item or all items. Thanks again.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
seedsource

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
seedsource wrote:
I know this subject has been discussed but it's the only problem I have besides ecrater suddenly sending me all those invoices for unknown fees. I've always been able to lick any problem but not this one.
I only sell seeds that I gather on my own. They have no brand name or number codes of any kind. They're just seeds. Can anyone tell me what an "attribute" would be for seeds? What would go in the left column and what would go in the right column? I've received the monthly ecrater notice that all 8 of my items lacked google attributes from day one, which amounts to about 4 years. I do occasionally receive orders but not many. I'd like to get this settled once and for all and be done with it. Thanks.

identifier_exists - Use this if the item does not have unique product identifier
example: FALSE "

but use small letters for everything all the time.
you only need that one not two if you use it.

OK, I did the attributes on each individual item instead of all items on one page and will see how that turns out.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is correct. Each listing has it's own attributes.

As to the unknown fees, that was initiated back last spring with many threads about it. you might want to do a search for Marketplace fees to see what that is about. In a nutshell, you would only be charged a fee if someone buys one of your items via the main ecrater marketplace. If they come to your store via a direct link then there is no fee. The fee is 2.9% of the listed price of the sold item not including shipping costs.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes Reply with quote

So glad you were able to complete the attributes for your seeds.

Your statement about the unknown fees had me puzzled.
seedsource wrote:
I know this subject has been discussed but it's the only problem I have besides ecrater suddenly sending me all those invoices for unknown fees.
Have you changed your email address since you joined eCrater? If yes, did you send an email directly to eCrater to change your contact email? Sometimes sellers will change the email address for orders in the admin section and forget to email eCrater to change the direct contact email address.

All sellers were sent an email on April 22, 2013 regarding the upcoming changes AND eCrater posted in the forum News & System Status -> Upcoming changes http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33039 on the same date. I'm sorry you didn't know about the fees, but eCrater did try to let you know before any fees were charged.
seedsource

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
So glad you were able to complete the attributes for your seeds.

Your statement about the unknown fees had me puzzled.
seedsource wrote:
I know this subject has been discussed but it's the only problem I have besides ecrater suddenly sending me all those invoices for unknown fees.
Have you changed your email address since you joined eCrater? If yes, did you send an email directly to eCrater to change your contact email? Sometimes sellers will change the email address for orders in the admin section and forget to email eCrater to change the direct contact email address.

All sellers were sent an email on April 22, 2013 regarding the upcoming changes AND eCrater posted in the forum News & System Status -> Upcoming changes http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33039 on the same date. I'm sorry you didn't know about the fees, but eCrater did try to let you know before any fees were charged.

I got my monthly update from Google and it was the same as all the others, saying "no items inserted".
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes Reply with quote

seedsource wrote:
I got my monthly update from Google and it was the same as all the others, saying "no items inserted".
You currently have 7 products showing in Google Shopping for your eCRATER store. Just go to Google, enter seedsource ecrater in the search box and select shopping.

I was concerned you didn't receive the mail back in April regarding the fees since you said you didn't know anything about the fees. Since you've been here since early 2010, I just thought you might have changed your address. Also, you can have sales from the marketplace that didn't come from Google Shopping. The customer might have found a link on another search engine directly to your item on the marketplace OR they might have clicked on a link in the gallery on another item page in the marketplace.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I got my monthly update from Google and it was the same as all the others, saying "no items inserted"

I'm confused about this monthly update from Google. What is that? I've never seen an update that said 'no items inserted' and have no clue how you would get that. Have you not paid any marketplace fees? that is the only thing I can think of. We all get frequent (at least weekly) updates right on our opening administration page as to listings with problems. I've just never heard of this monthly update and am curious.

FYI, did you know that your pictures are too small so you are showing extra adsense ads and not the kind that you get paid for. They are right below your listing and before a customer can see the pictures of other items you have. If you get your pictures bigger, customers will see all your other items and not think they are done with the page as an ad usually alerts people (at least me) that the listing is done.
fadAddict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: trying the advice here - thanks so much! Reply with quote

Hi there, I have many new-in-the-box but unworn shoes -- and some vintage -- and ecrater rejected all ..saying a Google attribute is missing, like the person above's problem.

I had listed many many attributes for each one when I originally uploaded them-- including key details like size and color, material etc. -- but most don't have brand. so I am adding that.

Most don't have stock numbers or UPC codes or any of the things listed in the "you must have 2 of these" instructions, so I will add the brand name to all and also add indentifier...false" hopefully this will be accepted.

It almost seems like Ecrater does not understand about vintage items not having some of these attributes, yet being commonly sold online! (I know that Google lets me seel vintage items elsewhere without any problem) They rejected some vintage purses too. If it does not work I will move the items to the "E vintage" site or another site that does understand these things.

I have excellent reviews everywhere else I sell, which includes the above mentioned (but not specifically mentioned be cause I don't want to go against rules) and the sites where I sell books and music, etc. Here I have only 1 feedback and it is bad because I never got the email note that I had some something. I went and delivered the item in person since when I got in touch with the buyer i found she works just down the street from me. Unfortunately I don't know if she is allowed to change the bad review! Otherwise I would try to ask her to do so. Anyways

I appreciate the help and info listed here! Thanks all!

Carrie
FadAddict cothing
fadAddict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: does it really take a month for items to go back on sale? Reply with quote

Some of the shoes that have been rejected DO have the brand name but I think it is one Google does not recognize. In other words, it is the brand listed on the shoe and shoe box, but probably owned by a bigger company that is not listed on the product. for instance a couple of the shoes are branded:

Michael Antonio Studio
so I am adding identifier false in addition to all the info already there I hope that is the proper way to do this

On Googles instruction page they say something about if it is a sub-brand you must list the main company--I don't think they realize that it might not say anywhere on the item. Especially if you have had the shoes for 5 years or more in storage and no longer have the purchase receipt. It's not like books, where the ISBN is always on the item. By now this should be understood. Sheesh Smile

If I learn anything I will let you all know (and if my items are ever listed for sale once again. hope it does not take a month1)
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: trying the advice here - thanks so much! Reply with quote

fadAddict wrote:
Hi there, I have many new-in-the-box but unworn shoes -- and some vintage -- and ecrater rejected all ..saying a Google attribute is missing, like the person above's problem.

You have new / old-stock shoes that are at least 25 years old ?
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: trying the advice here - thanks so much! Reply with quote

fadAddict wrote:

You do understand that eCrater is not rejecting anything.
Google Shopping is rejecting some of your products because of failing to list attributes that Google Shopping requires.

eCrater is only reporting the results of the feed to you in the Google Feed report.
The rest is between you and Google.

IMO Google Shopping is a waste of time. Google Organic search is far more important .... but what do I know? Confused

A good evening to all.
ralph
fadAddict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: I would agree,butGoogledoesn't reject my items elsewhere Reply with quote

perhaps the other sites that I sell on do not submit to Google shopping, but they do say they are submitting.

I will see if I can get them to be accepted via here or just move them to other sites. Just not sure how long to wait but will give it a couple weeks.
fadAddict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: trying the advice here - thanks so much! Reply with quote

[/quote]
You have new / old-stock shoes that are at least 25 years old ?[/quote]

no some are about 5 years old, a few more about 10 and some vintage from the 60s. Have you ever purchases shoes from a small local store?

Michael Antonio, whihc I used as an example, are a brand I have only seen in a few places--probably made in China. Some big company I am sure distributes them--but they are not promoting themselves because they are not designer shoes, Just unique designs that i liked. The box and the label in the shoe only says Michael Antonio. Many are like that.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It almost seems like Ecrater does not understand about vintage items not having some of these attributes, yet being commonly sold online! (I know that Google lets me seel vintage items elsewhere without any problem)

Ecrater understands all too well, but as the other poster mentioned, the problem isn't ecrater it is Google Evil or Very Mad and google's stupid rules. If you don't want to use the attributes, technically you don't have to, but your stuff won't show in Google Shopping. Some place I never had even heard of till I started selling here, so I'm not too convinced of how many people actually use it although google seems to be Rolling Eyes .

As to the question about the vintage shoes, I think they were confused by your stating that you had vintage shoes. Obviously shoes 5-10 years old aren't vintage, I guess 25-30 years is the cut off for vintage although personally I think it should be any date that preceeds my birth since I really hate feeling vintage!

On your product listing page you will see 6 icons over to the right, one of which is a G. Click on that if you haven't explored it and then click on the blue question mark and you will see what needs to be in your attributes if you know them. Granted I don't buy many shoes, but most boxes I have seen have the UPC code and stock numbers on the box itself, usually on the skinnier end of the box.

As to your feedback, if you are going to sell here, you need to monitor your site so that you don't have to depend on sold notices in your email box as those can so easily go into the junk folder or automatically deleted. Depending on your payment options, you also want to monitor PP, etc. for sales. While building up their store and waiting for sales, it is easy for some to lose interest and neglect their store. Ecrater will remove bad feedbacks at times if they have proof that it was undeserved or whatever. In this case, you probably need an email from the buyer requesting the removal and if it past a couple weeks or so I wouldn't bug her at this point. It can take varying amounts of time to get regular business here. You really need to promote your store yourself and not depend on feeds to Google to do the work for you. On line sales seems to be down all over the internet so giving a store a few weeks really isn't a good timeframe to see how your store will do. It took me months to get my first sale, and the more I listed inventory the more sales I got so that eventually I was getting daily sales. Then google started acting like king of the on-line sellers and with the same amount of inventory at times I go an entire week without a sale.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a "Master List" that Google Shopping uses. If the brand shown on the shoe or shoe box is Michael Antonio Studio, then I would think that would be the attribute value for the brand. Shoes require Unique Product identifiers which would be Brand and either the UPC number OR the mpn (manufacture's product number). If you do not have the brand and one of the UPC or MPN, then you would add identifier_exists as the attribute title with a value of FALSE. I noticed you listed identifier exists several ways here in the forum. It MUST be entered in lower case with an underscore between identifier and exists and no spaces. Enter it like: identifier_exists with no spaces. Also, when you enter brand, upc and/or mpn, the attribute titles must be in lower case. The attribute value can have capital letters.

If you did not list in the global categories for either women or men's shoes and either in the adult or child category, then you'll need to add the attributes of gender (male, female, unisex) and age group (adult, kids, toddler, infant, or newborn). You also must add color and size for every pair of shoes.

Hope this helps some with your shoes. Please remember, these attributes are required by Google Shopping. If you don't provide the required attributes, your items will not be included in Google shopping. This is a Google Shopping rule, not eCRATER. As others have said, the information you see in your admin are helps provided by eCrater to help you comply with Google Shopping requirements.

edited to correct my spelling. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: