eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

R U Shopping on the Moon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: R U Shopping on the Moon? Reply with quote

Just a reminder to shop small business this holiday season.
Support our fellow eCrater shops. A good place to start is the link below:
http://www.ecratermall.com/

-----------------------------------
Jeffery's Junction - Vintage Collectibles & LP Records
www.jefferysjunction.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kids and I had decided that to do Christmas together we would try to do it at Thanksgiving and then my DIL got pregnant and the baby was born in October. This weekend they should be coming up and it will be the first time some of us have seen her. Then my DIL admitted she hadn't done a thing towards Christmas, and I said I hadn't either as I was to busy getting baby stuff for them and my other son almost panicked when he remember about Christmas on Thanksgiving. So now our Christmas will happen sometime next spring maybe. We have had too many Christmases canceled due to weather. Last year they were supposed to come up at New Year's and the weather got too bad and they had to cancel and our propane tank ran out and the guys that are supposed to automatically fill it didn't listen to their answering machine, so we went 4 days, the absolute coldest of the year with no heat other than what a little space heater put out and by keeping the oven going non-stop. Our electric bill after those four days was astronomical. Even the day they got the message, first thing in the morning, they didn't fill us up until 4 PM. Today my in-law's next door their propane ran out! I guess it is winter. Crazy we pay for auto refills so we don't have this happen and at least once every year we run out and usually on the weekend.

I don't buy a lot for presents, but I think it is a good thought about buying online here. Also, remember your local small businesses on small business Saturday. I know in our town, our small businesses help support the Little League, etc., many other fundraising events and then have to see folks heading out of town to go to the big stores and spend their money.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, you must have the same gas company we have. Usually we are told the driver already has a ticket, he just hasn't gotten here yet.

One year, when they were predicting bad weather, the propane driver filled the tank. Snow and ice came the next day. Day after, the furnace died. Took forever to get thawed out enough for furnace repair to come (and ultimately install a new furnace). Imagine 2 adults and a Weimanier in a room 8 x 10 heated with an electric space heater.

We now have two much larger electric heaters....
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We found that the office with the lights and two computers throwing out heat and being bundled up helped us stay warm. They ended up giving us a $250 credit towards this year's buy because of that electric bill.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: