eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Questions RE: Store Set Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Questions RE: Store Set Up Reply with quote

I've posted multiple questions on older posts of related topics, so thought it would be better to start a new thread with all questions. LOL

1. Where does one set up shipping for a second item? If I use calculated shipping, do I need to worry about this?

2. If I have PayPal set to charge sales tax on shipping, will it be charged to customers? I don't think I have this set up on PayPal because other venues I sell on take care of that for me.

3. Have there been many problems with shipping not being charged when paid via PayPal Express? Has this issue been fixed? If this is a recurring problem, I don't think I want to offer PPX as an option.

4. I see there have been numerous issues with Stripe. Have these been resolved or should I even bother using them?

5. Is there a way to increase the font size on listing descriptions? It's so super small and may be partly why sales are hard to come by.

Thanks in advance! =)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I have PayPal set to charge sales tax on shipping, will it be charged to customers? I don't think I have this set up on PayPal because other venues I sell on take care of that for me.

As far as I know, PP has nothing to do with charging sales tax and at ecrater, you can only charge your customer what they see in the ecrater listing so nothing else can get added to the invoice. You have to set up your ecrater options to charge sales tax.

I've never had a single problem with PPX not having the shipping added in.

You can not change font size in our listings, but a person can change it if they want to one their own computer by changing the screen resolution to be bigger. an ongoing process at our house where hubby has very poor vision.

By using the Matrix you can charge for combined shipping with no problem. Many posts on the Matrix have been made so if you do a search for matrix you should learn how to do that.

Most of your other questions are repeats of questions you have asked on other threads and are being answered.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Moonwishes. At the time I posted my questions, they hadn't been answered elsewhere. Regarding the combined shipping, what I need to know is if that's something I need to worry about since I use calculated shipping? Doesn't the system combine the weight and calculate that way?

Although, most of what I sell can be sent First-Class, so adding even one more item would take it out of First-Class eligibility. Does the system account for that?

I should add that I have the "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead" option selected. I then select the weight dependable option in the listing and enter its weight. While I currently do not have anything entered in the matrix, my customers are being charged the proper amount for shipping, but I have yet to receive a multiple item order.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just did a test, ordering two items that would take it to 15 ounces, and it combined the shipping correctly and posted the right shipping rate at checkout. The only problem I saw was that the only payment option available was PayPal when I have Stripe selected, too.

I went to my Stripe account to see if there's any information I need to add/change, but I'm not seeing any place for such options. I'm not even seeing where one would enter their bank account info. I know I entered that already, but it's not displaying anywhere on my Stripe account. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I found the Account Settings. It's under your username at the top. Just click the down arrow for the various options. Now, to figure out why it didn't provide it as a payment option when I did the test checkout.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, apparently my account hadn't been activated, yet. For some reason, I wasn't getting the confirmation email and had to tell it to resend. I got it the second time and took care of it.

Then I did another test checkout and everything seems to be working. The only thing I don't like is it puts the big, bright PayPal button right there in the middle under the cart information with the faded Proceed to Checkout button to the right of it. It would be the faded button customers would have to choose to pay via Stripe.

What I don't understand is why aren't all payment options noted in one place for the customer to choose from on the actual checkout page? The way it's currently set up, customers don't see that they have more than one option. Either they'll view the PayPal button as simply a notice that PayPal is accepted and nothing more, or they'll hover over it, see that it's clickable, and think it's their only option even if they were to click the faded button to the right of it.

Since it is advertised on our listings that the payment options include PayPal and direct credit card payments, it should be clear at checkout what all of their options are. Providing that information in one place AFTER clicking the Proceed to Checkout button with either a drop-down menu to make their choice or radio bullets for each option is how it should be set up.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use the matrix for shipping and so haven't a clue how to set up the calculated. Most of my items are first class as well.

Word of caution: It is against ecrater rules to buy something through your own store even if just 'checking things out'. You could get suspended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: