eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can anybody suggest a printer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowthatsadeal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Can anybody suggest a printer? Reply with quote

I sell an item that fits perfectly into a flat cardboard mailer. It is 3.5 inches by 6.5 inches and it is about as thick as a credit card, maybe a little more.

The reason I am looking for a new printer is because I sell 50-60 of these a day on ebay and I would like to save some time and money by getting rid of the label I put on these mailers and print everything directly onto the mailer itself. I want to start selling them on ecrater but I really want to get rid of this expense and large task before I do.

I would like to print the return address, the address, and the postage directly onto the mailer. I know it can be done, I have spoken directly to stamps.com but they could not recommend a printer for me, only the size label that I should use.

Can anyone recommend a printer that will print directly onto thick mailers 50-100 at a time using the feeder and need me to feed the printer manually and print one by one?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure a printer can grab a bubble/padded envelope. You maybe will need the custom ink stamps. It is a ink stamp that you can change the words. I believe it has different font size available. I bought one some time ago for zone office paper work. It cost less than $25 in OfficeMax.
YesterYearsGoodies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a printer with a straight sheet feed - I'm happy with my Brother HL2230 laser printer that allows me to feed labels or thicker paper (like thick envelopes) in a manual straight feeder, one at a time. Less than $100, too. Check the manual on the brother site to see if it would work for your cardboard envelope.
nowthatsadeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't decided on a particular printer just yet, but apparently having a 'Rear Feeder' or a 'Straight Sheet Feed' like Yester suggested is the key.

I also found vendors that sell poly bubble bags and 4 per sheet self adhesive labels I can use that combined will cost me less than 4 cents.

Stamps.com also provides free tracking and discounts up to 18% on the supplies I need. So I think I may have found the winning combination to actually make money on my sales and not spend it all on overhead.

Thanks for the replies. Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stamps.com also provides free tracking

I think that was one of the nice postal changes last year. I think all (but am not positive) that all electronic postage purchases comes with free tracking. I know endicia does as well. Huge savings over time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: