eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

what happened to ecrater?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
china-shop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: what happened to ecrater? Reply with quote

now i see ECRATER not like before for sellers , it is almost " crap " , no sales . i had before store was going on well i had 2 -4 sales every week . now my new store for 2 months but " zero " !!! what is wrong ???
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Google.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Google has made it hard to find the small sellers. Also having just 25 items also makes it hard to find you in the big wide world web.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Ask Google.

Ditto
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That isn't solely the problem. My items are visible on Google shopping and have about 4500 items listed. I've gone from having an income from eCRATER sales to lucky to have 1 or 2 sales a month.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is ironic, but as I said in other topics. I checked my Google Analytics. I lost half of my traffic. The traffic lost is from Google organic search.

So I ask Google. Cool
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm averaging almost one order a day here. Thankfully I started using another venue as well so I don't have all my eggs in one basket and it was a good thing. 2013 sales was about 1/3 of what they had been in 2010.

I have been doing more promoting, listing, tweaking, etc. My inventory numbers are even up by about 1000 items as well. So I should be selling the same if not more. I firmly blame Google on the smaller sales here as my traffic is about half of what it used to be. Doesn't mean that I am leaving here though because there are still sales and I want to get every one that I can! Very Happy

If you only have about 25 items (I didn't look at your store), then yes, you are going to have some trouble getting buyers in. Your store is probably lost in the shuffle. Remember that you need to promote your store itself. Ecrater sends feeds to Google shopping, but that is it as far as I know.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been doing more promoting, listing, tweaking, etc. My inventory numbers are even up by about 1000 items as well. So I should be selling the same if not more. I firmly blame Google on the smaller sales here as my traffic is about half of what it used to be. Doesn't mean that I am leaving here though because there are still sales and I want to get every one that I can!

In 2012, I follow suggestions, began promotion in sites, and post items continuously. No more listing items every 2 months like in the past. I saw the results. My traffic and sales grow in eCrater.

In 2013, the Google moves and USPS increases weren't very friendly. In eCrater my sales were near like the ones in 2010.

In 2010, I decided to gave a try to the eBay listing promotions. As far I can tell looking both sites. The 2013 was the worst year for sales. The 2014 is still like the 2013. At least in eCrater because I saw a recovey in eBay. Obviously they are working in some way to get traffic.

PD
I don't promote my eBay stuff.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back a couple of years ago the weekend I was at my son's wedding, we got an ecrater order that was just $40 less than all our sales from ecrater this entire month! We used to get lots of multi items orders as well and I don't see that happening much either. We have always promoted and listed frequently, so other than getting more efficient at it, that hasn't changed. Ecrater hasn't made any substantial changes to the site, so the only thing left is Google to blame it on. I don't even blame it on the economy like many people would like to, as what I sell is what people use, sewing patterns, when they can't afford to pay for decent clothes assuming they know how to sew.

I'm not sure what Google's main game plan is other than to see how much money they can make. They sure aren't helping us and of course we never signed up with them to give them some of the profits from our businesses, so why should they. I plan to work as hard as I can and work my new goals for the year and see how that works out this year.
gameroomz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general sales are down all over the web. For example I also do amazon affiliate marketing and while my traffic has remained steady, sales are down, it is the same story for many sellers and affiliates. Many speculate it could be the bad weather across the country and the affect it is having on consumers rising utility bills, etc.... It is also speculated that sales will rebound in the next month once people start getting tax returns.

I have been away from eCrater for awhile but recently started back up again. I did have sales when I first started, but nothing since I have restarted (still updating and adding items), but I am getting traffic. Promote, promote and promote some more. Try classified ads, Backpage, Ringerslist, etc... along with facebook, pinterest, etc...
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

China Shop. I just popped into your store and I can see one thing right away that might get you traffic that comes and then immediately leaves. When I saw you store name before going to your store, I was expecting to see dishes and figurines and the like, not spy cameras. In the US a store called a China Shop would be selling dishes, fine China ware, glasses, porcelain, etc. However, you seem to be referring to your store as goods made in China, which many buyers don't equate with quality products most of the time. So in two different ways you may be turning off potential buyers. You may want to think about a new name for your store such as Chinese Electronics Store. Or just a plain The Electronics Store or Shop.
BelleAndTheYank

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Blame it on who ever. Reply with quote

slower sales, lighter traffic?

Pick your favorite company or person to blame it on and you will be right.

Google, eBay, Paypal, Amazon, USPS, all these giants rise and fall. Remember 20 years ago when AOL was king of the world.

Not that I am looking for these companies to bankrupt, I am sure if I really went through my 401K I would see some investment in all of them so really, I love that they are only after profit. I never believed they care about my business though.

I've only been on eCRATER for 3 years and learning as I go. Before that it was Craigslist, after a several year stint as a power seller. The marketplaces rise and fall and I'll take the few morsels that fall my way and stay on the watch for future trends.

Not saying the economy is great now, but 3 years ago, things seemed more desperate. I do think people are shopping less.

I don't think most people are spending more, they are just tired of shopping items relentlessly. For many people, money is tighter than ever.

You would not believe that though if you watch people at the check out at my local Bass Pro Shops or Coach Store.

I see good things on eCRATER and I intend to continue to refine what I offer, learn from the successes other respected forum members share and review how I bring product to market. If I get it right, my sales will show it.

It comes down to me. eCRATER is a tool in my toolbox. Like a hammer, I can build with it or tear something down. I'll make many more mistakes, waste time chasing what I thought were good ideas. Customers tell me through their dollars when I get it right.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things change. Things are changing. Things will always change.

Maybe the thrill of exploring the internet for treasures or savings has greatly abated? In the early nineteen fifties television was all that people could talk about but by the mid nineteen sixties it was 'old hat'. Maybe internet shopping is following a similar course.

A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balderdash, I see like 79 searches, organic is like 59.

So out of 100 200, 500? million people only 59 people searched ?( using google analytics.)

All we need is views, and there was a definite cut off time when things went and stayed slow, it's not us or the items, or lack of ideas, or ecrater.
BelleAndTheYank

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Balderdash, I am not sure I ever typed that word before.

Sure sounds like you are on top of your numbers, probably way more than I analyze them.

Do you think the fall off was directly related to Google Shopping going for paid listings only? Or was it another point / event in time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: