eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

what happened to ecrater?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it.

Also if you click on the "www" tab right below the post it leads you to a store.

Why are you sucking up space if you ain't here anyway. or is the store being tended.

You have 5 items listed
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
thanks for worrying about my store that i dont use. i dont even use ecrater anymore, i have my own .com store. i just use this username to post here since people report every store here to get them shut down. i only used the campingoutlet store about 3 years ago to sell one model of tent, the eureka solitaire and they were used, so I didnt want to use my real ecrater store to sell used products.
so keep worrying about my store that doesnt even really exist.
if you could please click on thsoe cabelas ads i would appreciate it so that i can get more adsense money, thanks!

WTF!? I see your items active in the store.

http://campingoutlet.ecrater.com/p/14911842/sierra-designs-30f-flare-sleeping
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
thanks for worrying about my store that i dont use. i dont even use ecrater anymore, i have my own .com store. i just use this username to post here since people report every store here to get them shut down.

For someone that doesn't use ecrater and claims not to have for 3 years, I wonder why they are here posting, posting and posting. Ignoring what people actually say, acting as if they know everything and everyone else is a dummy, exaggerating what happens here (reporting every store to get them shut down--hardly Rolling Eyes ). Seems this is what internet trolls do and by having a 'store' here he is able to continue to do this. Time for me to personally put campingoutlet on ignore. Apparently his store isn't bringing in that much business so he has lots of time to be commenting on everything going on here whether it concerns him or not. And as a admitted non-seller here, nothing concerns him at this point.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This attitude just remind me other user in other forum. The user only concern and focus is write comments over and over in a topic. The big problem it looks like a "vendetta" attitude and if your opinion is different you are wrong.

Memory isn't always perfect. So I took some time to look past comments from this member. It is interesting. That attitude is shown since the beginning.

About the reporting issue. If you focus your eCrater time in a search to find stores and sellers mistakes. Obviously you will find one, but if you aren't a moderator or eCrater support. You have some issues. Because it is ridiculous lost time in that way when you can use to work your stuff. Rolling Eyes

It isn't nobody fault. If you are so stupid/ignorant/reckless to came to the forum arguing or asking or seeking help and knowing you aren't following eCrater's rules. Because the terms of the site aren't hidden like other sites. As far I saw many of the suspensions have a reason and not a "vendetta" or "cleansing" attitude like some people try to sell.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now getting back to the topic. I learned in this years some things that I want to share.

1) Not matter what type of seller you are (mega ultra power invincible omnipresent top rated, full time, or part/hobby time seller). You must see your stuff as business.

2) You must have passion for your work, but a business is run with math not the heart. Things must see as numbers.

3) eBay, Amazon, eCrater, PayPal, Google, etc are tools to make sales. It isn't a religion, political party, or a lifestyle. Every site and company is different. So you can't use a hammer to resolve all the problems.

4) Alternatives sites (eCrater, etc.) depends in organic search traffic and sellers promotion. So self promotion is need to make the difference in sales.

5) Always maintain yourself inform/reading/learning about news, regulations, and other topics related to sales. Technically if you are still alive you can learn. Avoid being the one living in the "plastic bubble". I saw a lot of sellers getting surprise for stuff so simple like the annual increase of USPS fees.

6) Become multichannel. If you have the time, bigger objectives, or resources or everything. Expand to different sites or create your own site.

7) Be realistic about sales expectations. Technically everything can be sold in the Internet, but not everybody success or not everything sells so well. For example being a drop shipper from maybe other thousands of drop shippers selling the same stuff.
jonunscloset

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the helpful reminders. Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good list Elpereles!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingoutlet wrote:
thanks for worrying about my store that i dont use. i dont even use ecrater anymore, i have my own .com store.!

Actually, I wasn't at all worried about your store. I told you that because I found it funny that Google, the company whose adwords system you seem to keep defending, is throwing it right back in your face by telling people to come to the competition instead of you.

Second, if you are not using your store then CLOSE IT. We have enough dead ecrater stores around here already. If your dot.com is so much more important than your ecrater store, then ditch ecrater. It's that simple.

Third, you are extremely impolite. You know what you said to Elpereles last night? Well, if anyone needs to leave ecrater it's you because your comments are getting out control. You can keep replying all you want with your continuous rude comments but, they will be ignored from here on out. I have better things to do with my time.

Have a great week! Very Happy
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It is a summary of stuff I wrote in other forum (disperse in different topics) based on other sellers and personal experiences/stories. I believe forget some, but you know it was memory.

tigercreekgifts, thanks for the comments. As far it was discovered/uncovered. He is just someone searching for attention from other people.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of the same

Ads

"Shop Ecrater

shopping.yahoo.com/electronics

Huge selection of electronics. Shop Yahoo Shopping Official Site!"

"Ecrater

www.ebay.com/home

Buy Ecrater now! New eBay Buyer Protection Program."

Ads on Tumblr, then the one to yahoo has more.

How in the world can ecrater allow this and not go after these redirected ads ?
anyone ? total plaguing the place.
I just don't see how they can stand by and not get those removed, net wide.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
More of the same

Ads

"Shop Ecrater

shopping.yahoo.com/electronics

Huge selection of electronics. Shop Yahoo Shopping Official Site!"

"Ecrater

www.ebay.com/home

Buy Ecrater now! New eBay Buyer Protection Program."

Ads on Tumblr, then the one to yahoo has more.

How in the world can ecrater allow this and not go after these redirected ads ?
anyone ? total plaguing the place.
I just don't see how they can stand by and not get those removed, net wide.

Was thinking, maybe these bogus ads could actually get more people here, they may want to know what ecrater is without having to search for the word ecrater. Since they definitely don"t link you here.

Double edge sword ?

So in effect they are doing the paying, for the word for this site.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you see similar ads using other Alternatives marketplaces?
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean, but all these places that supposedly go out and find items for you like or places tumblr.

Like ebay has tons of webpages that show items, all the items are listed on ebay.

They run these ads, that one ad there "Ecrater on Ebay" really ? I never knew I could buy ecrater on ebay, don't even make sense.
So you can tell the people posting those ads are intentionally trying to lure you away from "ecrater".

for instance search shopping . com then enter ecrater in the search bar you get
http://www.shopping.com/ecrater/products?CLT=SCH&KW=ecrater

see the ads below, one goes to ubid, these are all over then net.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So you can tell the people posting those ads are intentionally trying to lure you away from "ecrater".

The whole thing is, is that it isn't people doing it. It is computers that fill in any word in their memory apparently which means you can get just about anything on ebay especially ulcers. I just inputted the word ulcer into google and while ebay didn't come up with get an ulcer here, Amazon had an ad for ulcer and when you clicked on it, it brought you to a page for ulcer cures.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, did that box of patterns you sold on ebay give you any trouble ?

Was wondering about that, you probably ain't past the 1000 years warranty buyer protection yet Razz

Ebay can be ok I just really don't like it like I thought I would, until my 4th sale, it's like the same argument of big government, ebay is all about rules, making rules, more rules, changes, more changes on and on and on.

Now they have a new thing coming, "defect" rating but getting rid of DSR or some weird thing to punish sellers. However it looks like they are allowing 8 bad sales before they punish you instead of one bad buyer ruining everything.

No, I see those ads all over the place, and guess who sponsors the majority of them, "ads by google" in the links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: