eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Email received saying an order was placed however ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaysfinds

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Email received saying an order was placed however ... Reply with quote

Hi, I hope I didn't miss a thread somewhere about this, if I did I apologize.
Lately I have seen an increase in emails saying an order has been placed but when I go to paypal to confirm it doesn't show as paid. I normally contact the customer via email and I let them know their order did not go thru, and I wait for their reply. A couple times they have gone ahead and paid but haven't replied to the email. I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this, or has any insight as to maybe why this is happening.

If it is just that the customer has perhaps changed their mind or if it is a glitch with paypal or perhaps it's something I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks in advance for your time.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common issue. Just to remember.

eCrater Math 101

Formulas to remember:

1) Only an Order = Only an Order = Not to worry = Contact/Send Invoice

2) Payment = Receive Money

3) Successful/complete sale = Order + Payment
jaysfinds

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply, seems to be what I've been doing. Only wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was perhaps doing incorrectly.
Thanks again Smile
BelleAndTheYank

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sellers that ship US Only, is there a need to keep the traditional paypal ?

I only do Paypal Express and Stripe. I don't know that I have had this problem since I dropped traditional paypal. Have I just been lucky or did this help the problem.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you drop traditional PayPal?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had many problems like that since PP express showed up. We may not being seeing the orders that didn't go through like you can on Stripe.

I saw no reason to cancel out regular PP, so I have that plus PPX and Stripe. If we had another electronic payment method, I most likely would be signed up for that as well.
BelleAndTheYank

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is, since I don't do any international transactions so I don't need the currency exchange feature of Paypal.

I have not noticed any fall off in sales and have not heard anything from customers about the absence of Paypal. Hope I did not make a mistake.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to worry about. That just means that the buyer added an item to their cart from your store & they submitted the order but when it came time to pay, they didn't follow through with payment. They either changed their mind about the order or had a problem with payment (Paypal timed out or wouldn't go through) & they just backed out instead of contacting you.

If you want, you can send your buyer a reminder email & ask if they need help finishing placing their order, and send them an invoice along with it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blech, I got one of those today from my AU store and it would have been a high value pattern. I've written to the customer and hope I hear back.
canaangems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Order Reply with quote

Someone placed an order but it doesn't show as paid. I emailed the customer but I wonder when they are going to pay or if they have certain time like ebay does to pay for the item.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably won't pay as if they don't immediately there is a slim chance that they will. See the other comments in this thread. Nothing wrong with sending them a nicely worded email asking if they had trouble paying and do you need to send them an invoice, easily enough done at PP.

Also there is no blocking of buyers here, in your email you can give the 'buyer' a time to pay by if you are willing to put the item on hold for them. I stopped that awhile ago. Be kind and courteous and invite them back. You have lost nothing but a few minutes of your time so you have no fees to recoup, etc. Many recent ex-ebayers come here and want to rip people's heads off if they don't pay. Ecrater is a kinder gentler venue. No reason to be mad.

If you want more info about this there are probably 100's of threads about this that you can seek and find.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: