eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

One of my customers is a jerk left negative feed back
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fungametime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: One of my customers is a jerk left negative feed back Reply with quote

Hello i have a problem with a customer of mine. This individual ordered an item from me on the busiest week of the year literally a few day before Christmas and he magically expected for his item to get to him in a couple of days from half way across the world. He sends me an email on the 9th of Jan telling me he didn’t get his item yet, on the 10th i looked into it for him and I sent him an email on the 11th of Jan telling him that there was nothing to worry about and that his item may have been held up due to the Christmas holidays and that he should get his item soon. This guy doesn’t even wait for me to respond to him and leaves Negative feed back for me and i ony took one day to respond to him.

AND ON TOP OF EVERY THING HE GOT HIS PACKAGE DELIVERD TO HIM JUST FINE A WEEK AND A HALF LATER!!!! Now i am stuck with negative feed back that i do not deserve!!!

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Does anyone know how to get rid of negative feedback i do not deserve? Can you leave negative feed back to customers that are jerks?

Thank you i hope someone can help
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have tracking on the item? If so, you can contact eCrater and send them a copy of the tracking showing the item delivered.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and i ony took one day to respond to him.

According to your post, he contacted you on the 9th and you didn't reply to him until the 11th. By my math that is 2 days not one. It sounds like he ordered around the 20th and didn't get the item until the 19th or 20th if I am reading your post correctly. I too would be wondering where my item was, and telling a customer not to worry usually will make them mad as they are already worried and scared that they have been scammed out of their money.

How did you send this item for a shipping cost of $6.99? I would expect that would cover possibly a Priority box in the US which should get it to the customer in 2-5 days. But you are in Malta, so what shipping system did you use that would take so long to get to the US or wherever you sent it? Did you remind the customer on the shipping notification that you sent him (you did send him one didn't you?) that it was coming from Malta and might take up to a month to get there. Or in recognition of the fact that they most likely were buying for a Christmas present, did you give them an option for backing out of the order since your shipping methods would take a month to get to the customer?

You may think you don't deserve a negative, but unless you were up front from the beginning about where it was coming form and how long it would take, especially for something ordered right before Christmas, they had every right to neg you and since it took you 2 days to get back to him, I can also see WHY he would say you didn't, especially if he left the feedback before you got back to him.

That being said, I'm not the one to make the decision, you have to ask the ecrater team for a decision about the negative.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question to you is why you post in the forum and don't bother to read the answers? You posted in this forum on Jan 25 in this topic you started:
Posted: 25 Jan 2014 06:31
Help -> There is a no entry sign next to one of my sales http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=283016&highlight=#283016

Several sellers replied and I replied within 1 hour of your posting regarding the negative feedback, information on contacting eCrater and information on improving your store to help avoid the issue in the future. You still don't have any info on any of your text pages or your home page which will cause some potential buyer to think you are either unprofessional at best or a scammer at worse. You do have info on the item pages saying the length of shipping based on where the buyer is located and that info was on the page back on 25 Jan, however I have no way of knowing if that info was on the page when the customer placed the order.

If you want eCrater to consider removing the feedback, you have to provide the entire picture to show why you think it is undeserved. They will need the see the entire timeline of when the order was placed, when did you contact the customer, when did you ship, when did you contact the buyer to confirm shipping and to give an estimated delivery date, when did the customer contact you, when did you reply back to the customer, and did you send more than one email in response to the email. Feedback removal is done on a case by case basis

If the customer didn't notice you are located in Malta, you didn't send an email prior to shipment or after shipment with estimated delivery date, and you didn't respond to the customer's email regarding no delivery for two days, then I think this may be a painful lesson to you about the extreme importance of customer contact when shipping worldwide. If the customer had no contact directly from you between placing the order and 2 days after their email regarding delivery, I would be inclined to say the customer had every right to leave negative feedback.

I've always been an above average student of world geography and I collected worldwide stamps as a child and young adult, but I must admit when I saw you were from Malta, I had to do a Bing search to find Malta. I had forgotten it is located almost in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea.

I would like to say your scarves are lovely and seem to be a real bargain. I'm rarely tempted to spend money on anything I can't eat or resell, but those scarves are a temptation. You folks in snowed in areas should take a look: http://fungametime.ecrater.com/c/1830188/scarves .
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ordered it "a few day before Christmas " and by the "9th of Jan " I didn't have it ... I would be leaving negative feedback too.
Especially if you didn't bother to communicate at all ... which since you didn't mention that I'm guessing you didn't.
You never mentioned when you sent it or the exact day of the order.
It sort of sounds like you didn't get it mailed until after the first of the year ... which is a week later!

"I sent him an email on the 11th of Jan telling him that there was nothing to worry about and that his item may have been held up due to the Christmas holidays and that he should get his item soon. This guy doesn’t even wait for me to respond to him and leaves Negative feed back for me and i ony took one day to respond to him."
If I sent you a message on the 9th and you didn't respond on the 9th or the 10th, I too would have left negative feedback. Again, sounds like you lack in communicating. ... BTW a message received on the 9th and not replied to until sometime on the 11th ... is not ONE DAY ... it's THREE DAYS!

I found that if you are 100% honest with customers you get a much better responds.
I would have IMMEDIATELY on the 9th replied with ... I'll check into this tomorrow and let you know.
Which actually as a seller with some 40 different online stores ... I would have IMMEDIATELY tracked down the order and located a shipping date and replied. BUT I would have already have emailed that information at the time of the shipment so one search in my sent email would have located all the info I needed.

Face it man, you screwed up. Life goes on!
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I would have never purchased from you in the first place due to lack of information ... no contact us info, no terms, no welcome message ...
are you really in business?
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need more details in particular actual dates.

I ship an item before Christmas and it took weeks to deliver. But I was able to show the buyer. Item is in transit. And the USPS support said to me "sit and wait" for it.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
BTW, I would have never purchased from you in the first place due to lack of information ... no contact us info, no terms, no welcome message ...
are you really in business?

Hate to say it but, I agree.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you are minding the store very well if you just now noticed a negative feedback left a month ago.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think you are minding the store very well if you just now noticed a negative feedback left a month ago

Good observation.

Somebody lose points.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like even though you did eventually contact the customer, that since you waited a few days after they emailed you about the problem that they probably left the feedback the day or day after they first contacted you because since it took you a few days to respond, they probably thought you weren't going to contact them at all. That would make sense why they'd leave feedback saying you never got back in touch with them, but you're saying you did email them. It's because you took too long to respond.

I'd never keep a customer waiting 2 days. I check my email several times a day & I respond as quickly as possible. If they email me around 9:00 p.m. and I don't notice the email until the next morning, I let them know it took me so long to respond because they emailed me after I went to bed. I hate to be mean but it sounds like you earned that negative feedback. I doubt ecrater will remove it.
thefamilyhome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ordered it "a few day before Christmas " and by the "9th of Jan " I didn't have it ... I would be leaving negative feedback too.

So shipped a few days before christmas, and it being the busy season, USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL, are swamped, busy as hell, and slow. You must also consider the time it must spend in transit, possibly getting routed in a few different paths, then it gets to customs when it has gotten where it needs to be.... Also it depends on if flat rate or first class was used.
I shipped a nice size christmas gift to a friend in Germany in 2012, I shipped it First-Class Package International Service a week before christmas, and it got delayed, he didn't get it until jan 12th 2013. Nothing was wrong with it and or customs, they were just backed up, nothing could be done.

Especially if you didn't bother to communicate at all ... which since you didn't mention that I'm guessing you didn't.
You never mentioned when you sent it or the exact day of the order.
It sort of sounds like you didn't get it mailed until after the first of the year ... which is a week later!

I myself send about 3ish emails to a buyer, once when they order/pay for the item, greeting them, and letting them know I will update them when I ship their item. I ship it, and then send them a email with tracking. Most cases only 2 emails, but that is all I have ever needed to do. The seller here must of communicated, as he sent the buyer a tracking number. However, once the buyer has their tracking number, what is there to honestly communicate about unless there is a problem?

"I sent him an email on the 11th of Jan telling him that there was nothing to worry about and that his item may have been held up due to the Christmas holidays and that he should get his item soon. This guy doesn’t even wait for me to respond to him and leaves Negative feed back for me and i ony took one day to respond to him."
If I sent you a message on the 9th and you didn't respond on the 9th or the 10th, I too would have left negative feedback. Again, sounds like you lack in communicating. ... BTW a message received on the 9th and not replied to until sometime on the 11th ... is not ONE DAY ... it's THREE DAYS!

Wow, don't you know bigtallmensclothing, people can get busy with their lifes, and sometimes it may not even be possible to answer an email until a few days later?! I've been late a few days responding to emails from buyers, I just get very busy sometimes, nothing I can do, work, then sleep, much busy my friend. There may have been lack in communicating from the Buyer... Sellers can not control how fast an item gets to the buyer, unless its shipped Overnight Service... Which costs way more...
Once I ship something, there is nothing I can do to make the process faster, its "outta my hands". Face it, people get busy, and sometimes just can't get to it right away, "3" days is better than nothing at all.

So yeah, that about sums it up.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you leave negative feed back to customers that are jerks?

I think we have all missed answering this question of yours. No you can't leave feedback for buyers. This person doesn't sound like a jerk anyhow. He just wants what he paid for.

I too saw nothing in your note that indicated you had any contact with him until the 11th of January. I too would have left you a negative. If you are going to run a store, be professional about it. If someone orders during the busiest week of the year (Christmas) they should get the same TLC as someone that orders during the slowest week/month of the year. One important thing is a shipping notification at the minimum with a tracking number if available and if not an estimated date for delivery.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP wrote this post complaining about their buyer but, I haven't seen them get back on here & post anything else. Ever notice that? How some sellers get on here & complain about a "problem" buyer but when we all look at the facts & tell the seller no actually you were at fault & the negative was warranted, they never come back?
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not update about the issue.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: